‹ Prequel: Twins.

The Road.

Chapter 15.

I looked over my schedule for the next couple of weeks, busy, busy, busy. I decided I should enjoy myself for the next few days off that I had, Broadway always seem to be the place I go, Alex didn't want to go. He had said before that he thought it was boring and that we should do more fun stuff, but that was fun to me, it wasn't something I did often, I enjoyed playing my piano and writing poems. That was just who I was; I eventually convinced him to go to one play.

"Why won't you let me shower with you?" he whined.

"Because, I really don't feel like it today okay, I just feel disgusting," I said, mumbling.

I did feel disgusting I was gaining weight as we speak, and I really didn't want Alex to touch me again, not since the other night. I've been feeling neglected and I just didn't want him to, I felt weird around him.

"You're not," he whispered.

Whatever.

When I was through I wrapped the towel around my body and one around my hair and I walked out to the bedroom. Alex was lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling, I walked over to my dresser where I took my undergarments and put them on the bed. I turned away from Alex and dropped my towel. I quickly put on my underwear.

I grabbed a flowing red dress, so that my stomach wouldn't show as much, I was planning on telling Alex tonight but had no idea how I was going to do it. I slipped the dress on and grabbed my high heels, Alex was already dressed and ready to go, as usual.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

I nodded, "Yeah let's go,"

I grabbed my jacket and tickets and followed Alex, this was one of the first nights that it was just him and myself, I grabbed his hand.

Image

I was looking around for familiar faces, some of my friends said they'd be here, like Charlie and Jared. They weren't here yet but I was sure they'd be here sooner or later, Alex excused himself to go to the bathroom.

I waited for him to come back and for a moment I thought I saw Meghan and I grinned, I wanted her and I to become best friends. I always wanted us to be really close but, stuff happened.

"Hey, find anyone yet?" Alex whispered in my ear.

I jumped ,"Oh god, Alex you scared me"

He grinned, "That was the point."

I giggled and turned around, I did see her, I gasped, "Meghan?"

She turned around to look at me then look at Alex, “Hey, are you two here to see the show as well?” I ask.

I noticed she had that guy, Nathan with her.

“Actually, we decided to skip it and go do something fun instead.” Nathan replies and she giggled.

"No offense to you,” Meghan says.

“Don’t worry about it, everybody enjoys doing something different,” I replied with a smile.

“We should start heading in, the show is about to start,” I nodded.

“We need to head out as well,” Nathan replies and takes Meghan's hand, I thought it was sweet.

We waved goodbye and went to our seats, Alex seemed frustrated and I was trying to figure out why. I took a deep breath and sat down next to him, I kissed his hand, he turned to me and gave me a small smile. That was not like him, his smile didn't seem sincere, I sighed and turned to look at the stage.

After the play was over Alex and I decided to go back home, he was quieter than usual, I wasn't sure if I should tell him now or another day. No, I've been putting it down for far too long now and I had to tell him, tonight as soon as we were home.

"So did you enjoy the play?" I asked him, walking in.

He shrugged, "It was okay, I would have rather stayed home to be honest,"

My heart sank, was he embarrassed by me or something? I watched him walk to our bedroom and three minutes later he was in his pajamas. I sighed and walked to the kitchen thinking of a good way of telling him the news.

"So, um.. you hungry?"

"Not really, so do you know anything about Nathan" he asks.

I shook my head, "Not really,"

I walked over and sat next to Alex on the couch, he looked pensive and a little aggravated I wanted to ask him about it but that might just ruin the moment.

"I've been meaning to tell you something..." I asked, biting my lip.

"What?" he snaps.

I blinked, "What the hell is your problem?"

"Nothing,"

"You just snapped at me!"

"I didn't"

"Yeah you did Alex, why? are you mad at me or something"

"Ariana just shut up, you always think the world is mad at you, stop your whining"

I gasped, "What? I don't think that! But you've been acting really strange! I've been meaning to ask you about that!"

He frowned, "What I can't be in a bad mood?"

"Stop it Alex, I don't like that you take your anger out on me all the time!"

"I don't like that you're being so clingy and annoying lately!" he mumbles.

"Well it's not my fault!" I shout.

"Oh, well who's is it then, MAYBE if we had sex more often you wouldn't be so uptight!"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, "Well! I can't because I'm fucking pregnant!"

Oh shit.

He just looked at me, "Y-You're what?"

I sighed, "I'm pregnant," soft as a whisper that came out.

"You're kidding me right?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Tears were swelling in my eyes at the moment, he didn't want it, I could tell by that look he was giving me. He even said so himself a few days ago, so why would he suddenly change his mind, I knew I shouldn't have just blurted it out but I did.

"No, I'm not joking, why would I joke about being pregnant?" I growl.

"Because it's a bad joke"

"Stop Alex, I'm pregnant,"

"Are you sure that it's mine?" he asked.

My mouth drops, "Are you fucking serious Alex? Do you think I'm some kind of cheating whore!? OF COURSE IT'S YOURS! I can't believe you"

With that, I slap him across the face and run to my bedroom, where I slammed the door, locked it and jumped in bed. I started to cry, he wanted nothing to do with this baby or me, not anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah. Alex was a jerk. >=(
Ariana's outfit