‹ Prequel: Twins.

The Road.

Chapter 25.

I was singing along with Jared Leto, now he was a real singer, not like Alex, he knew what he was doing, not like Alex. He was honest, pure, and soulful, again not like Alex, I don't mean to sound like a bitch but I didn't want anything to do with him, I can't listen to his music because I hear his voice and I feel my pain.

"This is just a game, a beautiful lie, its a perfect denial, such a beautiful lie to believe in.." I sang.

"Interesting song" Alex whispered.

"It fits the situation" I muttered, walking past him.

Jack was in the kitchen making me some soup, I told him that I wasn't feeling well and he offered to make me soup. I sat down and watched him move around the kitchen searching for spices and bread.

"Why is he still here?" I asked Jack.

"Guilt" he replied coldly.

I sighed, "Well, there's nothing--"

I was cut off by my phone ringing, I picked up, "Hello?"

"ARIANA SANDOVAL!"I heard my mother screech.

I blinked and looked over at a shocked Jack, I bit my lip trying to keep from laughing, "Nice to hear from you too ma"

"How could you not tell me you're pregnant?!"

Meghan must have told her, no one else knows, unless it was Alex, but why would he tell, he's not even in Baltimore.

"Because I want to handle this alone," I said coldly.

"Ariana!"

"Stop screaming or I'm going to hang up, I don't have time for this mother, I have things to worry about, like I haven't been through enough already" I sighed, putting the phone down.

I started crying again, I was so over emotional now that I was pregnant, and I was upset with my mother, you would think she would understand how I feel.

"Ms. Sandoval, it's Jack, Ariana isn't feeling well right now, can she give you a call later?" Jack spoke into the phone.

I left the kitchen and walked to the bedroom, Alex left, I really didn't care all I wanted to do was cry out all my emotion. I felt so weak and vulnerable it just wasn't fair, that I was pregnant and that my ex is an idiot.

"Ariana," Jack whispered, laying next to me and wrapping his arms around me.

I turned to face him and smiled, "Thank you"

"For what?"

"Always being here for me" I whispered leaning forward.

My heart was racing, I haven't felt this way in a long time, it was weird, when I looked at Jack I didn't see Alex's best friend, or a band member. I saw him, for who he was and saw that he really did care about me and it made me smile.

Jack was facing me his hand on my face, I blushed and touched his lips with my fingers, I felt something strong. I wasn't sure what it was and I wasn't going to find out, I'd figure out sooner or later.

Jack pulled me closer where the only space between us was the bulge of my stomach, I could feel his breath on my lips. His eyes were on mine, he leaned his face forward, I thought he was going to kiss me, instead he buried his face in my neck.

"I've always had feelings for you," he murmured in my ear, his hands were on my hips, squeezing them gently.

I blushed, "You did?"

Jack nibbled my neck, "Mhmm"

I squirmed, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I knew you were with Alex, I never thought I'd have a chance"

His hands were roaming my body, I was shivering to his touch I haven't felt like this since I first started dating Alex. I never thought that feeling would come back, especially since what's happened.

I let a small moan escape my lips, "I didn't think you'd like me"

He grinned, "Why not? It's my cockiness isn't it?"

I giggled, "Partly, ooh, Jack watch your hands"

He chuckled, "Don't know what you're talking about"

I rolled over, to where I was on top of him, I pinned him down and smirked, "Can't do anything now can you?"

Jack smiled and winked at me, causing me to blush, "No, but I really like the view from here"

"Weirdo"

"Ya love me" he winked.

I blushed, I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his; I just wanted to feel his lips on mine again. It felt so different from kissing Alex, it felt warm, sweet and amazing, with Alex I could feel the sexual tension between us. It was so different with Jack, though I could tell he was trying to touch me.

"Hmm... Jack" I whispered.

He looked up, "You're so beautiful"

I smiled, "Thanks"

Our foreheads were pressed against each other's and I felt his breathe on my face, Jack made me feel alive. Something I haven't felt in such a long time, I wanted this feeling again, I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his again.

"You have no idea what you do to me" he whispered.

I blushed, "How long have you felt this way?"

"Since we first met"

I blinked, how did I not see this? Why didn't I see it before? Maybe this was the way it supposed to be, Jack and I. Jack's arms wrapped around me, he was tall and lanky but he made me feel safe, like nothing bad could happen.

He kissed me back his hands on my lower back pulling me close, his tongue trying to push in, I let his tongue enter my mouth. My heart was racing as our tongues tangled and wrestled each other.

How did this happen?
♠ ♠ ♠
(:
Jack & Ariana = <3 ?
lol hope you like this!