‹ Prequel: Twins.

The Road.

Chapter 27.

With each passing day my stomach seemed to stretch even more, I smiled I was excited about my pregnancy. It wasn't expected but I was happy, I loved children I was going to raise my baby alone, with Jack's help since he offered earlier.

I refused to talk to Alex now, just because every time we talked I could feel my heart breaking even more. Just thinking about it, I wondered how long he's been doing this for and with who, I needed to know, just so I could move on, who did he trade me in for?

"So you're not going to talk to me all?" he snapped.

"You expect her to talk to you after what you've done really?" Jack snapped right back.

Alex didn't say much he just sat there, "When's the next appointment, I want to go"

I frowned, "No, you're not"

Alex huffed, "Why not? That child is mine too,"

"No, these are children and I'm raising them on my own, I don't want you or need you around" I mumbled.

"Ariana you can keep our child away from me, it's not fair,"

"Well, what you did to me wasn't fair either Alex, now was it? Hurting me and making me cry sleepless nigthts, how do you think I feel, how the babies will feel?" I stammered putting a hand on my stomach.

Alex just looked at me, "I'm sorry, how many times do I have to say it?"

"Sorry isn't going to t cut it Alex, you think with an apology you can fix everything? Well , you can't now go, I don't want to see you anymore," I walked to the bedroom and slapped it shut.

I decided to lay down on bed and rub my bump; I could hear Jack talking to Alex but wasn't sure what they were saying. After an hour of silence I figured Alex left to be with his lover or something I sighed.

There was a soft knock on my door, "Yeah?"

"Can I come in?" it was Jack.

I smiled, "Of course you can"

Jack walked in and sat on the edge of my bed, "How are you feeling?"

"Physically? I'm all right I guess, I'm emotionally and mentally drained," I sighed.

"Alex?"

I nodded sadly, "I can't get over it, I mean, what he did, 3 years together? I don't even know how long he's been doing this for, maybe all 3 years"

I started to cry again I felt so betrayed and so hurt I couldn't think of anything else, besides my baby. I felt Jack's arms wrap around my shoulders and whisper in my ear that everything would get better, but it was hard for me to believe that.

"Hey, would you like to go on a date with me?" he asked, grinning.

I giggled, "Why Mr. Barakat I'm surprised you would as me such a thing"

He cocked his eyebrow, "Oh and why is that?"

"Because I didn't think you'd ask me so soon" I winked.

He laughed, "His loss is my win"

I smiled, "I'd love to, I'll go get ready"

He stood up, "Okay,"

I lightly pushed him out the door, "Hey! Why am I getting kicked out?"

"Because silly, I'm going to change duh"

"Can't I stay and watch?" he winked.

I rolled my eyes, "No,"

I grabbed my favorite striped dress and slipped it on matching shoes and quickly did my make up, eyeliner, mascara and a pink lipstick. I wasn't sure why I was getting so dressed up but I felt I had to impress Jack.

I decided I'd curl my hair into waves; I waited for Jack in the living room, it felt strange since he didn't have to pick me up. I giggled at the thought, no taking me home because I live with him and we didn't have to say goodbye.

My heart was racing and my palms were drenched with sweat, I kept washing them and drying them. I don't know why I was so nervous, it was just Jack... Jack, he's trying to distracted me from the pain and make new memories with him. He was the sweetest guy, I blushed.

"Wow, you look great"he grinned.

I smiled, "You look great too, so, where are you taking me?"

"My dear, I am taking you out on a romantic picnic"

I blushed, "You're much too kind,"

I wasn't aware that Jack had all the food prepared how did he manage to do all of that so quickly, I got curious.

"Jack how did you manage to get all of this ready in a matter of minutes" I laughed.

"Simple, I asked my mom if she could help me out" he explained.

"Oh?How did you know I'd say yes" I teased.

This time he was laughing, "I had a feeling and I was hoping that you wouldn't say no"

I blushed, "You're so sweet"

I hugged his arm, "What plans do you have for later?"

"Well, I was hoping that you'd go to one of our shows,"

I bit my lip, "I-I don't know Jack"

Jack set everything up at the park I used to come to think, while he did that I was thinking about going to the show.

"Why not?"

"Because, I'm not comfortable, plus I'm pregnant,"

He smiled, "Let the baby rock out"

I giggled, "You're so weird, but you know I think I'll do it for you, you've been so nice to me Jack and very flirty"

He chuckled, "I'm Jack, that's what I do"

Jack was one of the nicest people I've met the sweetest guy with a big heart, I'm sure he would make an excellent father figure for my baby. Unlike Alex, I didn't want him around my babies he would be a bad influence.

I rubbed my bump that was now twice as large as it was last month and I was only seven months, I knew I'd get big but this was ridiculous. I picked up a sandwich and took a bite, Jack was watching me eat and rub my bump at the same time.

"You're going to be a wonderful mother" He commented.

My cheeks burned red, "You really think so?"

"I know so," he reassured me, "I hope they're girls"

I laughed, "What? Why?"

"Because if th they'd just be like..."

I sighed, "Maybe, but I just care that they're healthy,"

Jack nodded then added, "Why didn't you tell Alex, that you're having babies and not a baby?"

I crossed my arms, "Because then he would follow me everywhere, he's going to find out I know but not now,"

Jack shook his head, "All right, but if he bothers you tell me, I'll kick his butt"

"I told the doctor not to tell me the gender just yet, I want it to be a surprise"

"Ohh, so when are you going to find out?"

"Okay, well, you and I are going to the doctor tomorrow before the show and find out, but to everyone else, it's a surprise"

Jack laughed, "All right, I can't wait to find out"

I smiled and looked down at my bump, I called it a bump because I didn't want ot call them a beach ball that would have been mean. I was ready for them to be born , i couldn't wait to hold them in my arms.

I noticed Jack getting closer to me his ear was pressed against my stomach, he was listening to the tiny heart beats, I was so emotional that I started tearing up. I was just so happy and Jack was so cute.

Jack raised his head up, "Awe what's wrong?"

"Just emotional you know, pregnancy thing" I smirked, wiping my tears.

Jack hugged me then he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine, I knew then and there that this was the start of something new. This is what I wanted to be with Jack and no one else, was it strange that it was happening so soon. I still wasn't over Alex and already I was falling in love with his best friend. It seemed wrong but what he did to me wasn't exactly saint like, before letting everything go, I was determined to find out who that other girl was. I was going to have a serious talk with her.

I yawned, Jack was text messaging and humming to one of his songs, which I found bizarre for some reason.

"Jack who are you text messaging?"

"Meghan" he replied.

"Oh?"

He nodded, "Inviting her to the show tomorrow"

I beamed "That's great! I have so much to tell her about my babies and what we're going to do when they're born"

Jack was smiling but something about his smile didn't seem sincere like he was hiding something from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dress
I totally ship these two, and not just cause Alex is being a jerk. I just think they're cute. XD