‹ Prequel: Twins.

The Road.

Chapter 30.

I could not believe he actually had the nerve to do that! Did he really think that one little song dedication was going to change everything that had happened?

Well, he was wrong.

I walk out furiously into the parking lot. I didn’t want to be near him.

“Meghan please!” He shouts trying to catch up with me.

“Why?!” I shout angrily as I turn to look at him.

“Why what?”

“Why did you do this?”

“Because I love you! Why can’t you understand that?!” he shouts, hurt written all over his face.

I shake my head not believing a single word. If he really loved me, then why did he try getting Ariana back?

He didn’t love me, he never did. All I was to him was a late night booty call, nothing more, nothing less.

“You don’t love me,” I whisper as I feel my heart go heavy.

“How do you know that? You don’t know half of what I feel for you!”

“I just can’t-“

“You can’t what Meghan?” He shouts interrupting me.

“I can’t be with you, not after everything that has happened,” I say as my eyes water.

Alex stares at me trying to figure out the perfect words to say to me.

“I’ve wasted so much time and energy on you, and I just need to move on.”

“Move on?”

“Yeah, you should do the same.”

I turn around and walk through the emptying parking lot; I was determined to leave all my feeling for Alex right here and never look back.

_______________________Image

I stare at the letter in my hands. The edges had started to torn and the foldings were permanently engraved from all the times I had unfolded it to read. I sigh and look at the tall building in front of me; this was the last chance I had to give the letter to Ariana.

I look down at the letter and read it over.

Ariana,

I know the word ‘sorry’ isn’t enough for all the pain that I have caused you. I regret ever doing what I did. I f I had known back then how everything was going to end, I would have done things so much different. I know I haven’t shown it a lot but you mean a lot to me. You might not feel the same way but I loved every single moment we shared talking and just being with one another.

I know you don’t ever want to talk or ever see my face ever again, but I just can’t leave things the way they are. I’m so sorry and I hope one day you’ll be able to forgive me. I hope one day we’ll be able to have what we once had.

I’m so sorry,
Meghan.


I fold back the letter and take in a big breath of air, this is it. I tell myself as I stare at Jack’s apartment door. I bring my hand up ready to knock, but I just freeze.

What if she opened the door? What if I gave her the letter and she ripped it into a million pieces?

Oh god.

I slip the letter through the bottom of the door hoping she would find it.

_______________________Image

“We are actually going to do this,” Nathan says with a great smile on his face.

I smile back and kiss him softly on the lips, “unless you’ve changed your mind.”

He shakes his head and kisses me back, “I’m ready to leave everything behind,” he whispers.

“Me too, Spain here we come!” I shriek excitedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time no see.
I know it's super short, but it's good enough.