‹ Prequel: Twins.

The Road.

Chapter 32.

I could feel the tears forming in my eyes, I really didn’t know why I was so upset, and I had known this was going to happen. I guess I couldn’t quite come to terms with the idea of it actually happening.

“What’s wrong?” Nathan asks, causing me to jump a bit.

“I didn’t know you were awake,” I reply as I turn to look at him.

“You woke me up,” he says with a small smile.

“Oh…sorry,” I say and in a low voice and turn back around.

“So what’s wrong?” he asks me again.

“My mom e-mailed me…Ariana had her twins.”

“And?” I could almost hear a hint of annoyance in his voice.

“I just…I don’t know…Wish I was there,” I mumble

“Do you really think she would want you there?”

I stay quiet, I was afraid that if I said something Nathan would just get more annoyed.

“No. No she wouldn’t want the person who fucked her boyfriend and ruined her life to be there.”

I could feel a sharp pain go through my chest as Nathan finished saying those words. He was right, Ariana wouldn’t want me to be there but the way he spoke the words made it a hundred times worse.

“We’re supposed to be having the time of our lives, so let’s not talk about your sister again…okay?”

I nod unable to look at him. Why was he being so…mean?

“Good, not let’s get ready so we can go get some breakfast,” he says before kissing my cheek.

I sigh feeling somewhat nervous, I really didn’t quite know why, but I didn’t like the feeling at all.

_________________________________6 MONTHS LATER.

I stare out the car window as I start to feel the tensions building up.

“I can’t believe you wore that outfit,” Nathan finally says.

“I thought you liked it,” I whisper.

“It makes you look like a cheap whore, it’s embarrassing” he says sourly.

“I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” he mocks me causing my heart to go heavy.

“It’s always the same god damn thing,” he exclaims.

I keep staring out the window; I knew it would only make him angrier if I turned to look at him.

“Is that all you can say?” He asks and I could feel his eyes burning on me.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to embarrass you,” I whisper.

He mumbles something I couldn’t quite understand, but I had a feeling it was about me.

A couple of minutes later we arrive to our apartment in North Hollywood. I get out of the car and wait for Nathan, he comes to my side and wraps his arm around my shoulder and we head into the complex.

“When are you going to get rid of that hair of yours?” He asks as we enter our apartment.

“What do you mean?” I ask taking my heels off.

“Your crazy blue hair,”

“I like my hair, why do you think I’ve kept it for this long?”

“I honestly don’t care if you love your hair, it has to go.”

I stare at Nathan unable to believe he was actually saying this. I mean sure I was used to him calling me names, and him insisting I should do things different, or telling me I should dress a certain way, but he had actually never demanded me to do anything.

“I guess I could use a bit of a change,” I say in a low voice, I didn’t want to start a fight with him.

“And while you’re out getting your hair done tomorrow you should get a new wardrobe, you know one that doesn’t scream ‘whore’ or ‘slut’”

“Why are you being so mean?”

“Why are you being so mean?” he mocks me once more.

“I’m being fucking honest Meghan because I love you.”

“You’re just this stupid little rich girl who can’t ever do anything right.” He says glaring at me.

“The only thing your good at is making people feel sorry for you. Oh, and of course fucking.”

I gasp feeling completely hurt.

“You know it’s true, that’s why you’re not saying anything back.” He says getting closer to me.

“You know I love you, even with all your flaws, even with all your fucking mistakes I love you.” He says before pressing his lips against my own and begins to kiss me.

He was right; all I was good at was being sad and making people feel sorry for me. Poor little girl lost her father, poor little girl who’s sister won’t talk to her, poor little girl who misses her mother, poor little girl.

Poor little girl.

“Why are you crying?!” Nathan hisses as he pulls away.

I shake my head; “I miss home,” I say as tears run down my face.

“And tell me, does home miss you?”

“Home doesn’t miss you because nobody fucking loves you. And you know what else? Nobody will ever fucking love you, I’m the only person in this world who loves you and it’s about time you get that through your head.”

“Stop it,” I whimper.

“Stop what!?” He shouts as he grabs my arm.

“Saying those things, they aren’t true.”

“Really? Has your mother called you? Has your sister called you? No they haven’t because they don’t care about you,” he says as his grip on my arm tightens.

He was right about everything. He was the only who loved me, everybody else just disappeared, but I guess I deserved that.

“Go wash your face; I can’t stand looking at you when you cry.” He says and lets go of my arm.

I wipe my tears as I head to the bathroom. I couldn’t disappoint Nathan, he was the only person left in my life. I had to do everything he told me, or I would end up all alone without anybody to love me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well there you go.