‹ Prequel: Twins.

The Road.

Chapter 36

I yawned and looked over at my two little girls sleeping next to me; they were the apples of my eyes my princess. I would do anything for them I wanted a family with Alex I couldn't let it go, I just can not let it go.

I got up and quickly got dressed and tied my hair in a neat bun then I walked to the kitchen to fix breakfast.

My phone started ringing while I was cooking, I found myself turning down the pan and walking over to my phone.

"Hello?" I smiled.

"Is this Ariana?"

"Yes how may I help you?"

"This is Stacy Williams from Elite"

I raised an eyebrow, "Elite Management? Like the model agency?"

I heard her chuckle, "Yes, I saw a spread of you and article about you in the New York Times and I have to say you have modeling potential"

I blushed, "Really?"

"Yes, would you be interested in a job?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, me a model? I almost laughed but I didn't; I had to think it over.

"Don't I need like a interview and other things?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, we'll do that would you like to set up an interview?"

I bit my lip, "Sure"

We discussed my meeting with her and her boss and I had to take some profile photos, I was so nervous.

After I hung up I walked to my bedroom and picked up my little girls and started changing them.

"Don't cry sweetie, we'll go out to the park in a few minutes" I smiled.

After I ate and fed my twins I got the stroller and walked out of the apartment; on my way to the park I saw two figures walking towards us, it was Alex and Jack.

"Well this is a suprise" I whispered.

"Hey babe" Jack grinned.

I smiled, "Hey, what are you guys doing here?"

"Tour remember silly" Jack winked.

I shook my head, "I have so much to tell you,"

"Oh?"

"I'll tell you later, so when did you get here that you didn't tell me?"

Jack laughed, "A few hours ago actually, I was just erm doing some stuff"

Alex bent down and smiled at Savannah and Sydney, Jack seemed a little jumpy and I wondered what was going on with him.

"Jack are you okay?"

He nodded, "Yeah, you want to go for a walk?"

"I was doing that silly,"

He chuckled, "Let's go, ya coming Alex?"

Alex cleared his throat, "Yeah,"

We were all walking together; Alex wanted to push the double stroller so I let him and Jack had his arms around my waist.

"You're really hot did you know that?" Jack whispered in my ear.

I giggled, "I think you've mentioned it a couple of times"

"Its true, ooh swings"

I laughed, "You wanna go swing? Fine let's go. Alex you mind staying with the twins for a bit?"

Jack grabbed my hand and took me to the swings and sat down and started swinging, I smiled and joined him.

"We're going to LA tomorrow," Jack said all of the sudden.

"But you just got here," I said sadly.

His face soften, "Yeah, but we've got some unfinished business, you know meetings and interviews, but before we leave I wanted to ask you something"

I gave him a weird look, "Um.. okay"

Jack stopped swinging got up and stood in front of me, I was very confused by this, then he got down on his knee. My jaw dropped a little was he messing with me? Of course not Jack wouldn't do something like-- wait, yes he would.

He cleared his throat, "Ariana, you know that I love you very much and that you've had my heart since we first me and I know that you've been through a tough time but I want to make it better and I've been so honest with you and open. I have no secrets from you and I hope you don't have any from me, I want to make you happy. Will you marry me?" he opened a box and there was a silver ring with a red ruby heart in the middle.

First thing I did when he asked me was I put my hand over my mouth, I could not believe what was happening.

I jumped out of the swing and wrapped my arms around him, causing us both to fall on the ground.

"So is that a yes?" he chuckled.

I nodded, tears spilling out of my eyes, "Yes!"

I pressed my lips against his, as he tried to put my engagement ring on; I'll be honest I wasn't expecting this to happen so soon, but I was happy.

At times I kind of wish Alex would have been the one to propose but I know he was never interested in me. I don't know why I keep tormenting myself with that, but it ends here. I am going to be a happy woman.

Jack stood up grinning from ear to ear, and picked me up, "Did you eat already?"

I nodded, "Can I ask you something Jack?" I asked as we walked back to Alex.

"Sure"

Jack had me on his back, I pressed my ear against his shoulder, "Why do you love me?" I whisper.

I closed my eyes, I could feel Alex's prenscence there with our children, I could hear the stroller going.

"That's a silly question to ask" Jack chuckled.

I blinked, "What do you mean?"

"I love you because you're the sweetest girl in the world and you're very smart not the type of girl that rubs it in your face but you know what I mean. You have a big heart and you love making people smile, you're bubbly, and you got legs that go on for miles,"

I blushed, "Is that all?"

I looked at Alex who was looking forward with a frown on his face, I held Jack never wanting to let go.

"Haha, you're beautiful you know that silly, and you make me feel great, I would give up everything just to be with you"

I smiled, "Jack you could have anyone in the world I don't understand why you picked me,"

"I told you why, silly why do you keep bringing it up?"

I looked at the floor, "Because I felt so unloved for so long or I felt that the feelings I shared weren't returned"

I heard a loud sigh, of course it was Alex, I wasn't trying to make him feel guilty I was being honest.

"Listen Ariana, I'm always going to love you and make you happy just watch, just put the past behind you" Jack told me.

I gripped onto his shirt tighter how could he ask me to do that? It was really hard for me to even think about forgiving them.

I jumped from his back and walked, I played with my fingers as we walked, awkward silence Jack never asked why I got off his back.

"Ariana?"

"What?"

"You want to come to LA with us?" Jack asked.

"No," I replied, taking the stroller from Alex.

"Awe why not?"

"I have a lot to do here Jack and I'm a mother in case you forgot" I snapped.

He backed up, "Whoa, calm down. Did I do something to upset you?"

"No, but I'm sure I did something" Alex mumbled, "Just my presecence sickens her"

"Yeah because staring at you reminds me of all the terrible memories" I shouted, "Having to remember that you went behind my back to fuck my twin sister"

"Ariana!" Jack yelled, "Can't you see he's been trying to apologize for weeks and you just keep pushing him away! He's proven himself to be a better person and if she makes him happy you should just let it go! Let him be happy, stop tormenting him"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing Jack was taking his side, why was I not surprised, the oh so cliche saying that guys have, bros before hos was ringing in my head.

I balled my fists just when I thought I had regained a little piece of happiness it all comes crumbling down on me again.

"Jack you don't have to defend me" Alex mumbled, "If she wants to keep hating me and treating me like I'm a fucking ass then let her who am I to stop her"

"No, Alex you're my best friend and even she has to learn to respect you. You made a mistake and you regret--"

"Just shut up Jack shut the fuck up"I screamed, "If he regretted it, he wouldn't have done it. She wasn't a regret. I was just the other girl he went to when he got fucking bored. Everyone knew and you waited so fucking long to tell me" I started to cry.

All my feelings were eating me inside and I couldn't take it anymore, all this pain, the memories I just wanted it out of my life.

"Ariana I took you to show, I betrayed my friend's trust--"

"Jack shut up. JUST SHUT UP. You waited so long to tell me, I'm sure you knew for a long time. Figures, friends stick together. I've always been the outcast with you guys. I'll always be that person that's only there when you have no other entertainment"

"Ariana stop it right now" Alex yelled at me, "the only thing you're doing is hurting yourself and hurting Jack"

I took the ring off and hand it back to Jack, "Take it. Have your fucking friends. That's all that matters to you, I've always been alone. It's always gonna be that way."

Jack blinked, "Ariana... why are you doing this to me? I love you"

"Jack just let her go, she's being selfish" Alex snapped.

"Shut up! I was always there when you fucking needed me, I gave everything up for you, and Jack and your fucking band, I went to every fucking show that I could to support you. I just want to be fucking happy but I'm never gotta get that because look at me, I don't deserve happiness. I'm going to end up like my mother. Alone."

"Ariana. Face it, you don't want to be happy. Jack is fucking offering you everything. He's a great guy and he's loved you from the beginning and you're breaking his heart,"

"Just give me a chance, Ariana I really do love you"

I wiped my face, "Jack, I can't. You've seen me. I'm a fucking mess. Ever since I found out, I haven't been myself and I've been a bitch I don't want to hurt you more than I already have"

Jack grabbed my hands and slipped the ring back in my finger, he kissed my hands, "Don't give up on us, unless you really don't care about us. I know you do and I know you want to give us a try. I promise to make you happy."

I closed my eyes, "What about all this that's going through Alex, Meghan and me?"

Jack put my hands over his heart, "Forget about them right now, this is strictly about you and me"

I nodded, "I'm sorry"

He wiped my tears away, his face soften, "I know that it hurts and I know that its going to take time to heal, and I promise that I will make you happy and that I can make all the pain go away"

Jack kissed my forehead then pressed his lips against mine, I wrapped my arms around him.

I turned to Alex and I opened my mouth, "I really can't stand having all this negative shit in me Alex, I didn't think I could keep a grudge but I proved myself wrong. I just don't want to hold it anymore"

Alex had puzzled look on his face, "What does that mean?"

I walked over to him and I wrapped my arms around him, "That I forgive you. I hope you can forgive me for my shit mistakes"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is 2016 words long. I apologize.
Look lots of drama and love though right?
Weren't expecting that huh?
The ENDING. What happened? Yeah. She was fed up with herself so yeah that's what happened.
I hope you have enjoyed it. 4 more chapters. Sigh. I'm gonna cry. This is one of my favorite stories I have written with someone. XD