‹ Prequel: Twins.

The Road.

Chapter 4.

I breathe in and out rapidly as I stare across the street at the concert arena. I could hear the music but not quite figure out who it was.

“What’s the worst that can happen?” I ask myself as I cross the street and head to the doors, I hand over my ticket to one of the arena employees and walk in.

I find my seat in the darkness as I hear people groan from me blocking their view; I glare at them and sit down as I feel my hands go sweaty. I was nervous, I really wanted to see Alex, and I had a weird feeling that he wanted to see me too.

It was strange seeing them on stage; I had only heard their demos and a few times during practice. Seeing they live was a completely different feeling and energy, you could tell their heart was in it for the love of music and not for anything else.
_______________________Image
I wrap my arms around my body as the cold night air hits me, I look at all the people around me as I stand just outside the arena waiting for them to come out and greet the fans. Then I hear someone shriek causing me to turn in their direction, and then I saw four familiar figures.

All the people around me began to walk in their direction as they talked to their friends, and I could hear the excitement in their voice.

I took in a deep breath and followed the crowd; I still wasn’t too sure about what I was going to say. What if he didn’t want to see me? I shake the thought out of my mind and just take in a deep breath and exhale.

I make my way towards the front of the crowd and smile as I see Alex in front of me.

“Great show,” I say with a small smile

He takes my arm and pulls me away from the crowd making sure nobody would be able to hear us talk. “W-What are you doing here?” He asks in a low voice.

I shrug, why was I really here?

“I guess I just wanted to see you one last time.”

Alex gives me a small smile, “I’m glad.”

“What do you say to coffee after you’re done? I know this amazing bistro that’s open late.”

Alex looks back at the crowd and then back at me, “we can go now if you want.”

“What about all the people that are waiting to meet you?”

“The guys can handle it without me.”

I can’t help but to smile as Alex links his arm with mine.
_______________________Image
“So you’re living in New York?”

“Yeah, Ariana writes music for Broadway, and it’s closer to home than if I were in California.”

“That’s good; at least you’re able to go home for the holidays.”

“Why Paris for you?”

“My original plan was to come to Paris and go to school to peruse my drawing career, but once I got here I felt like it was my responsibility to run the modeling agency. It just didn’t feel right, my dad had invested so much of his time in this, he loved it and I didn’t want that to go to waste. Does that make sense?”

“Yeah, you know Meghan? You’re the most unselfish person I’ve met.”

“That’s not true,” I say shaking my head.

“You gave up your dreams just to finish your dad’s dreams… you let me go without punching me in the face.”

“I wanted to do more than just punching you in the face.” I laugh a bit, “besides that’s only two things, and everybody does unselfish things once in a while.”

Alex nods with a small smile and then takes a sip from his espresso.

“I was thinking that maybe we could meet up in New York and do this again,” I say in a low voice after a minute of silence.

“You’re going to New York?”

“For a while, the company is expanding and I have to make sure everything goes according to plan.”

“I think that’s a great idea, I miss talking to you.”

“Me too, I wish we had met up a long time ago.”

“I was tempted to call you, but I knew you wouldn’t answer. I thought you would never forgive me.”

“I wishing you happiness meant forgiving you, but then again it wasn’t a very clear message.”

“What matters now is that we’re talking again, just like old times.”

I nod wishing I could freeze this moment, after everything that had happened here we were drinking coffee as if we had done this so many times.

“Do you want come over to my place? We can drink some wine-”

“Yeah, I hope you have red wine.”
_______________________Image
I look at Alex as we lay down on the floor; the red wine had made us both a bit buzzed.

“Can I ask you something?”

“You already did.” Alex says with an amused smile.

I roll my eyes, “last night-”

“It meant nothing.” Alex says cutting me off.

“I didn’t say it did, I was just curious as to why you kissed me back.”

“I don’t know, I just couldn’t help it.”

“What do you mean?”

“I guess I wanted to know how it would feel if I kissed you, and I thought I wasn’t going to see you again so it wouldn’t be a big deal.”

“And you say I’m weird?”

“I guess you rubbed off on me.”

“How did it feel?”

“Adventurous, in a good way.”

I look at him with a raised eyebrow, he sighs and sits up, and I do the same.

“I felt like what I was doing was wrong but I felt good about it at the same time.”

“Hypothetically, if I were to kiss you again, would you kiss me back?”

“Why don’t you try it out?”

I stare at him blankly, was he actually being serious?

I grin and lean over pressing my lips against his, his lips react instantly and they begin to kiss me back with eagerness.

Alex pulls me closer to him as I feel his arms around my waist; I run my hands down his shirt letting him know that I wanted to do more than just make out, I pull off his shirt and he does the same with mine, and in a matter of seconds we were stripped down to our underwear.

“I can’t” Alex says as he pulls away.

“I’m sorry but I can’t do this.”

“You can’t? Or you don’t want to?” I ask with a raised eyebrow.

“Believe me, I want to.”

“She doesn’t have to know, it’ll be our little secret.” I say before I can stop myself.

“Meghan,” he sighs.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that.” I say looking down as I bite my lip.

Alex cups my face, and I can’t help but to look at him.

“No feelings, no emotions, no strings attached,” he tells me as he helps me up from the floor.

“No feeling, no emotions, no strings attached,” I repeat with a grin and close my eyes as Alex begins to kiss me roughly, and our last clothing items fall to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
:]
Thanks for reading.