‹ Prequel: Twins.

The Road.

Chapter 5.

I woke up with a banging hang over and it was killing me; I groaned and turned over and saw Charlie next to me, without any clothes on. Of course I screamed, I was terrified that I might have done something stupid. Then I watch Charlie, he fell to the floor, needless to say he wasn't very happy.

"Oh my God! Ariana what the hell?! You woke me up" he groaned.

"You're like naked!" I squealed.

He rolled his eyes, "I always sleep like this, what did you think we?--"

"NO! I mean.. what?"

This time he laughed, "Nothing happened, jeez, you did have one to many drinks, I'm gay sweetie, as beautiful as you may be I would never sleep with you, don't take it personally"

I sighed in relief, "Sorry Charlie, I got carried away I guess,"

He smiled, "It's fine go shower, you're a mess"

I gasped, "Gee, thanks Charlie,"

"I told you from the beginning I'm brutally honest!"

"Yeah, yeah" I said grabbing my towel and heading to the bathroom.

As I started the bath I started singing to Never Shout Never's Happy, he was one of my new favorite artists.

"I'm happy knowing that you are mine, the grass is greener on the other side, the more I think, the more I wish, that we could lay here for hour and reminisce" I sung.

"Oh my god, Ariana! You should do a singing career!"

I laughed, "Charlie please, I already have a career, my voice isn't that great"

"If you can sing to Christofer Drew you can sing to anything!" He replied, excitedly.

I smiled, and started undressing, "I don't know Charlie what kind of singing are you thinking about?"

He was behind the door I could hear him pacing, "Opera maybe? Since you want to stick to Broadway"

I rolled my eyes, "No, I don't have the voice for that, what are you crazy?"

After my clothes were on the floor I stepped in the tub and relaxed; I thought a lot about Alex and what he could be doing. I wondered if he missed me, Charlie we would say yes, but something told me that he didn't. It hurt and I know that I shouldn't be thinking like that but I had this feeling in my heart.

"Hands over my head thinking 'what else could go wrong?'
Would've stayed in bed, how can a day be so long?
Never believed that things happen for a reason
But how this turned out, you moved all my doubts, oh believe
That for you I'll do it all over again
Do it all over again
All I went through, led me to you
So I'd do it all over again
For you
" I sung.

"Oh my god, there you go again, singing! You really should or at least a small record contract?" Charlie whined.

I laughed, "I'll do a cover of this song, I love Bruno Mars, ya happy?"

"Fine, but I'll manage you okay?"

I giggled "Okay"

I missed the first train, stood out in the rain, all day
Little did I know
When I caught the next train, there you were to sweep me away
Guess that's what I've waited for
Never believed that things happened for a reason
But how this turned out, you moved all my doubts, So believe
That for you I'd do it all over again
Do it all over again
All I went through, led me to you
So I'd do it all over again


That song was stuck in my head; maybe Charlie was right I could always multi task, I'd be very busy, but so is Alex. He's always on the road and he knows I love him and I would never do anything to hurt him.

After my long bath, I rinsed out and cleaned myself up, I got out of the bathtub and dried off, Charlie wasn't there anymore, he said something about meeting a guy. I smiled, he deserved to be happy too.

Image

I quickly got dressed and tried to call Alex again, no answer, this had to be the fifteenth time I called and still no answer.

"Please, Alex pick up your phone, we need to talk," I sighed and pushed the end button.

What do you want?

It was a text from Alex, he was really upset, he never spoke to me that way or sent me messages like that. I sighed, I knew I had this coming.

To talk.

What about?

Meghan and me

I really don't want to hear it okay, Ariana she's already explained it to me, I don't understand why you didn't tell me.

I know, I'm sorry. But I've been busy with everything and I was planning on telling you but I forgot. I promise I did...

I sighed this was going to be a long day.

I don't know Ariana. I'm going to have to think about this.

Okay.

I put the phone down and I started crying, I don't know why but I could feel my heart breaking, again. I felt like I lost his trust, like he didn't trust me anymore, everyone always said I was so weak and I couldn't handle it.

I grabbed some tissues and wiped my tears away, my relationship with Alex had been great so far, but at times we'd get into arguments and sometimes he would say things he didn't mean and now I wonder if he actually meant them.

I remember this one night, we had argued about my relationship with others and how I kept in a lot of aggression and anger and that I should trust him more. Needless to say he said that he wishes I was more like Meghan, that hurt. I didn't talk to him for days over that and he eventually apologized saying he didn't mean that, that I was perfect the way I was. Somehow I didn't believe him anymore.

Image

"Alex" I whispered, sitting next to him.

"I know, what I said, Ariana, that I want to be with Meghan, but you have to believe me, I didn't mean that I don't know why I said that,"

I wiped some tears away from my face, "Do I make you happy?"

He turned to me, cupped my face, "Of course you do, more than anything,"

I smiled, "Then I believe you"

He smiled back, "Good, you're the only one for me and I'll never hurt you,"

I wrapped my arms around him, "Good, because I'm tired of being in pain,"

Alex's lips crashed against mine and we kissed for a minute or two before separating, he grinned and I giggled. It was perfect.


He was different now, I don't know but it seemed that way to me and I wish I could understand what was going on with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update! Hope you guys like it!
Oh! PLAYLIST
Check out Ariana's playlist, I get inspiration from all the songs I put on there. Song per chapter of mine. I guess. lol