‹ Prequel: Twins.

The Road.

Chapter 6.

I breathe in and out rapidly as I stare out the cab window; I was finally in New York, I thought so many times of coming back here when I was in Maryland, I thought this city was everything I would ever need, the place I belonged to, but in reality I still don’t know where I belong.

“We’re here,” the cab driver tells me as he parks in front of a very tall and fancy looking building.

I sigh and open my door, I get out and wait for the cab driver to get my bags from the trunk, I say thanks and hand him his money, telling him to keep the change.

“It can’t be little Miss Meghan Carlson!” I hear a familiar voice.

I turn around and smile widely as I see Frank, the doorman.

“I never thought I would see you again Frank, how have you been?”

“Great, you know just opening and closing doors.”

I give a small smile as he helps me bring all my bags inside the building.

“I’ll see you around,” I tell him and head towards the elevator.

This place was just as I remembered. The same chandelier hung high on the ceiling, and as always there were people hanging around the bar, while others were heading out to the pool, and tennis courts.

I hear a small bell which only meant the elevator had arrived, I groan as I look at all my bags. How was I going to possibly put all those bags in the elevator before the doors closed?

“Do you need help?”

I look up and see a tall guy with messy dark hair and green eyes, “that would be great,” I say trying not to blush, for some reason I felt very embarrassed.

“Thank you so much,” I say as he puts the last of my luggage into the elevator.

“It’s no problem,” he says with a big smile revealing his perfect white teeth.

“Which floor?” he asks a couple of seconds later.

“Top floor.”

He looks at me with a curiously and then presses the number 30 button.

“Are you renting out condo sixty?”

I look at him with a raised eyebrow, how did he know that was where I lived?

“I own the condo, well my parents did and after they passed … I inherited it.”

“Oh, so you’re my neighbor now,” he beams excitedly.

“You live in condo fifty nine?”

“Yeah, for about two years now, I’m Nathan by the way,” he tells me as he extends out his hand.

“Meghan,” I reply with a smile and shake his hand.

“If you ever need a cup of sugar, don’t hesitate to ask.”

“Same here,” I laugh, and then a bell rings as the elevator doors open.

“Thanks again for your help,” I tell Nathan as he puts my bags on my living room floor.

“If you want you can come over after you’ve settled down, and we can order some pizza and just pig out,”

“That sounds lovely.”

“I’ll see you later then Meghan,” Nathan says and walks out, I close my door and I realized I hadn’t stop smiling.

“He’s kind of cute,” I say to myself as I stare at the door.

I sigh as I turn to see the living room, my breathing hitches, for a moment it was as if I had gone back into the past. The same beige couches sat in their usual place facing the television. I walk past the living room and through the hall as I head to my old bedroom.

I smile as I see my old canopy bed, I walk over to it and lay on it and close my eyes. Nothing was ever going to be the same.
_________________________Image
I look at myself in the mirror; I was debating whether or not I should head over to Nathan’s place, I mean he seemed nice, but at the same time I really didn’t know anything about him, besides him being gorgeous, tall, and that he lived next door to me.

I sigh and decide on ‘no’. I walk over to my bed stand and pick up my cell phone, I dial Alex’s number making sure to block my number, just in case Ariana or anybody else was around, he could always say it was a wrong number.

“Hello?” Alex answers after the second ring.

“Hey, it’s me.”

“Hey, how was your flight?” he asks causing me to smile.

“Long, I just wanted it to be over,” I say laughing a bit.

“That’s the only bad thing about life; we always have to wait for things to come to an end, even if we don’t want them to end.”

“You are a lot more poetic than I remembered.”

“It comes with growing up and saying a lot of bullshit,” he says and we both laugh.

“I was wondering if you wanted to come over if you’re not busy.” I say after a couple of minutes.

“I can be there in an hour, there’s something I have to do first.”

“I’ll be waiting,” I say with a smile and hung up.

I walk over to my closet and take out a black mini dress, along with some black pumps. I really didn’t know why I was getting ready; I knew that as soon as Alex got here everything was going to come off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all the reader and subscribers,
hope you guys are loving this story as much as we are.
<3