Status: Complete

Sister of Syn

Permission?

"Today is the day!" Matt shouted, bursting into my bedroom.

I looked up from my cell. "What?"

"Sara, Kristy, and Mickie are coming back." Matt gave me a funny look. "Don't tell me you'd forgotten."

It was four days after Christmas. The girls had wanted to be back in time to celebrate New Year's with us. To be completely honest, I had forgotten they were flying in today.

"I've been a little distracted, in case you hadn't noticed," I replied.

Matt flopped down on my bed. "I can't believe you're banging my brother."

"Shut up!" I scolded, glancing towards the door.

"Your dad still doesn't know?"

I jumped up and shut my bedroom door. "No. He doesn't."

"The guys are going back on the road in three days," Matt reminded me.

"I know." I exhaled loudly. "I just can't get up the nerve to tell Dad. I'm his baby. I don't think he'll take it as well as Bri did."

"Maybe he'll surprise you," Matt said.

"I hope so." My cell buzzed with another text.

"Who are you talking to?" Matt queried curiously.

"Who do you think?" I returned, checking the message.

You need to model the lingerie Jeanie bought you, it said. I think I deserve a private show.

"Should I leave?" Matt asked, looking over my shoulder to try to read the message.

I snatched up my pillow and hit him in the face. "No."

You'll get one as soon as Dad knows about us, I sent back to Zacky.

An ultimatum? Zacky responded. Are you serious?

Yep, I confirmed. No show until Dad knows.

Then I'm telling him NOW! Zacky declared.

I laughed. You can't. I'll do it. Tonight.

Deal, Zacky agreed. And afterwards, I'll let you wear that lingerie for about three seconds before I tear it off of you.

"Eeew!" Matt cried, still reading over my shoulder. "That's gross!"

I hit him with my pillow again. He laughed and wrestled the pillow away from me.

"HEY!" Jimmy's voice rang out from downstairs. "GET DOWN HERE!"

Matt and I hurried to the first floor. The instant we reached the landing, I was tackled by two people, and Matt was leaped on.

There was a moment of confusion before I realized it was Kristy and Mickie hugging me. I squealed and hugged both of them back as best I could. Suddenly, someone else dove into the middle of our three-way hug.

"Jimmy!" Kristy giggled. "Get off!"

"I'm trying to," he shot back playfully. "Why else would I jump into the middle of three hot girls?"

"Hey!" Johnny protested. "I feel left out." Another body was added to the pile.

"Help!" I yelled. I was on the bottom of the pile.

"Oh my God!" Brian cried dramatically. "You guys are killing my sister!" He lifted Johnny easily and tossed him aside. Then, he seized Jimmy around the waist and hoisted him off of us. But Jimmy overbalanced him, and the two of them tumbled backwards.

"Get your hands off me!" Jimmy said indignantly. He rolled off Brian and got to his feet. "You have to buy me dinner first, mister."

Mickie, Johnny, Kristy, Brian, and I laughed. There were no sounds from Matt and Sara. I glanced over at them. They were liplocked and apparently had been throughout the entire reunion.

"Eeew!" I teased. "That's gross."

Matt raised one hand and gave me the finger.

"C'mon!" Jimmy grabbed Kristy's hand and dragged her towards the door. "We've gotta go let Zacky and Shads know you girls are back."

"Hey, Einstein," Brian said. "Why don't you just call them?"

Jimmy froze with his hand on the doorknob. "That is a good idea." He pulled out his cell phone and hit the number four on his speed dial.

"So," Mickie said, "Johnny tells me that Syn was okay with you and Zacky being together."

I nodded. "Yeah. Now we just have to tell my dad."

Kristy's eyes widened. "Oh, shit. That's gonna be fun."

I sighed. "I know. We plan to do it tonight."

"Good luck," Mickie said.

"SHADS!" Jimmy hollered into his phone. "YOU SUCK 'CAUSE YOU NEVER ANSWER YOUR FUCKING CELL! BUT I GUESS I'LL TELL YOU THE GOOD NEWS ANYWAY. THE GIRLS ARE BACK AND WE'RE THROWING A PARTY! BE HERE AT EIGHT!"

"God. DAMN!" Brian looked at Jimmy as if he were mentally slow. "Just because the man doesn't answer his phone doesn't mean he's deaf."

Jimmy stuck his tongue out at Brian and punched the number five on his speed dial. "Hey, Zacky! Your girlfriend just got me off with the aid of my girlfriend and Johnny's girlfriend. I thought you should know. Now, get your ass over to Syn's STAT!" He hung up. "Okay. It's taken care of."

"You're a very exuberant man, aren't you, Jimmy?" I said.

Jimmy leaned close to Kristy. "What does 'exuberant' mean?"

"You're like a Chihuahua," Brian interjected. "Excited all the time."

"A Chihuahua?" Jimmy echoed. He pouted. "Can't I be something cooler?"

Johnny frowned thoughtfully. "Are there any cool toy breeds?"

"A weenie dog!" I suggested. "That's perfect. They're all long and skinny, like you."

Jimmy smirked. "I'm long, but not skinny."

"Jimmy," Brian warned.

"Oh, come on!" Jimmy said. "She's fucking Zacky, and I get in trouble for making dirty comments around her? That makes sense."

There was a knock on the front door. Jimmy, who was closest, yanked it open. Zacky walked in.

"Hey," he said to Kristy and Mickie as he passed them on his way to me. He wrapped his arms around me and brushed his lips across mine. "Hi."

"Hi," I murmured.

"Awww!" Mickie and Kristy exclaimed.

"Matty." Zacky noticed his brother, still sucking face with Sara. "Dude, let her breathe."

Matt flipped him off.

"Sorry I'm late!" Jeanie breezed through the door.

Mickie and Kristy jumped on her much the way they had me, only she didn't fall to the floor.

"Move, bitches." Brian tugged Mickie and Kristy away from Jeanie, then drew her into his arms and gave her a long, passionate kiss.

Jimmy faked a gag. Kristy elbowed him in the ribs.

"So," Johnny said once Brian and Jeanie finally came up for air. "What are we doing today?"

*****

Jimmy had been telling the truth. They did decide to throw a party in honor of the girls' return, despite the fact that we were going to be partying hardcore the next day because it was New Year's Eve.

Shads showed up at eight o'clock. Without a word, he smacked Jimmy across the back of the head. "That's for damaging my ears!"

Everyone laughed. We all went outside, where Dad and Brent were grilling. They were introduced to Mickie, Kristy, and Sara.

I tried to enjoy myself, but I couldn't relax. I was so nervous about telling Dad that Zacky and I were together. I was sitting on one of the picnic tables on the far side of the patio, away from everyone else, dreading the moment when I'd have to admit what had been going on. Zacky kept glancing at me, and I knew he'd let me decide when the time was right.

Brian came over and situated himself next to me. "You okay?"

"I'm scared," I admitted. "I don't think Dad's gonna take it as well as you did."

"He won't," Brian stated. "But you've got to understand how he's going to view it. You're his baby. He just wants to protect you. And he knows the things that Zacky has done in the past. He knows because he's a guy, too, and because he's known Zacky for so long."

"He's not gonna let me go back with you guys, is he?" I inquired.

Brian shrugged. "I don't know. All you can do is tell him and hope it works out."

I sighed. "I wish I didn't have to tell him."

"I know," Brian said. "But if you don't, and he finds out some other way, you're going to be in even worse trouble."

"I hate it when you're right," I grumbled.

Brian put an arm around my shoulders and gave me a little squeeze. "Do it soon," he advised. "You're going to make yourself sick if you don't get it over with."

I was feeling mildly nauseous. "Okay." I stood up. "I'm gonna do it now."

I crossed the patio and approached Dad. "Umm, Daddy, can I talk to you?"

"Sure thing, sweetheart. What is it?"

"Let's go inside."

Dad looked a little worried. "Brent, don't burn the food." He led the way to the sliding glass doors and we went into the kitchen. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," I assured him. "Everything is great. I just need to tell you something."

He waited expectantly.

I took a deep breath. "I'm dating Zacky," I blurted before I could chicken out.

He didn't say anything. I hesitantly raised my eyes to his face. He was staring at me, and his expression gave nothing away. I held my breath.

"I can't say I'm surprised," he said finally. "I always knew you had a thing for him, and I figured he would eventually view you that way, too."

I kept my mouth shut. This was going better than I'd expected. I wasn't going to say anything to screw it up.

"I can't say I totally approve," he went on. "Zacky is eight years older than you, and he's a rockstar in every sense of the word. Still…if he makes you happy, I guess I can't deny you that."

I smiled. "So…can I go back on the road with the boys?"

"I don't know. Let's ask your brother."

"What?" I looked at him in surprise. "But he told me to ask you."

"C'mon." Dad strode out of the house.

I followed him. Zacky shot me a questioning glance.

"Brian." Dad beckoned to Brian.

Puzzled, Brian came to us. "Yeah, Dad?"

"Can Melia go back on the road with you guys?" Dad asked him.

"What?" Brian said blankly.

"Well, you're the one who's gonna have to be around them," Dad pointed out. "Are you comfortable with the idea of being on a tour bus with your little sister and her boyfriend, who just so happens to be your best friend?"

Brian's eyes flicked to me.

"Wait!" Dad held up a hand and faced me. "You're giving him the look."

"What look?" I said innocently.

"That look that your brother taught you," Dad replied. "The one that you're so much better at than him because you're a girl. The one that no one can resist. Don't look at him," he ordered.

I rolled my eyes and turned my back to Brian.

"Now." Dad focused his attention on Brian. "Are you okay with taking care of her out on the road and dealing with her and your best friend dating?"

Zacky was staring intently at Brian. I crossed my fingers, heart pounding. Mickie, Kristy, Jeanie, Sara, Matt, Jimmy, and Johnny were looking hopeful. Shads was sulking. Brent didn't look completely happy about Dad giving Brian the choice. I knew Brent didn't approve of me being with Zacky at all, and he thought Dad should keep me home.

"Yeah," Brian said after what felt like an eternity. "I'm fine with it. If she wants to come back on the road with us, it's okay with me."

"Then she can go," Dad said.

"OH MY GOD!" I squeaked. "Thank you, Daddy!" I threw my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"Don't thank me," he said, laughing. "Thank your brother."

I leaped into Brian's arms. "Thank you, Bri. I love you."

"I love you, too," he responded. He put his mouth against my ear and whispered, "Don't make me regret this."

"I won't," I promised, freeing myself from his arms.

Frowning slightly, he watched me hurry over to Zacky and kiss him the way I'd been dying to since the party started.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read, comment, and subscribe!