Status: Complete

Sister of Syn

An Even Better Surprise

"Blasphemer!" Zacky yelled, jumping out of my car.

"For real," Matt said. "You're going to hell, Melia!"

"So are you," I retorted. "You'll be in a lower level than me."

"Not after what you just did," Zacky muttered.

"What did Baby Gates do?" a voice asked.

Zacky, Matt, Brian, and I looked up. A7X drummer Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan was standing on my front porch.

"Sully!" I ran to him and jumped on him, forcing him to catch me. He lifted me, holding me like a little kid.

"Hi, Baby Gates," he said, kissing me on the cheek.

"She—" Zacky pointed at me accusingly. "—turned off the Misfits to play Justin Timberlake."

"My ears are still bleeding," Brian grumbled.

"That was evil of you, Baby Gates," Jimmy stated, eyes shining with amusement.

I grinned. "I know."

"I taught you well," Jimmy said.

A7X frontman M. Shadows, whom I called Shadsy, emerged from the house with bassist Johnny Christ.

"Jimmy, pass the baby," Shadsy instructed, holding out his hands.

Jimmy handed me to Shadsy, who also held me on his hip like a baby. "Hello, Doll," Shadsy greeted.

"I'm not a baby," I said.

"I know," he replied. "But I've known you since you were two, and it's hard to view you as an adult."

"That's true," Jimmy agreed. "And if it makes you feel any better, we still view Baby Baker as a kid, too." Matt flipped Jimmy off.

"So let's go inside and tell the kids the good news," Brian said.

We all filed inside, to the living room. My dad, who was known to everyone as Papa Gates, was sitting in his recliner. He grinned when he saw Shadsy carrying me. "She never grows up, does she?" he remarked to Shadsy.

"No, sir," Shadsy responded, setting me down.

"Melia!" a girl squealed suddenly.

I looked up. Jeanie, Brian's girlfriend, was descending the stairs. She hurried to me and grabbed me in a tight hug.

"Alright." Matt flopped down on the sofa. "What's the good news?"

"You two are coming on tour with us," Brian announced.

My jaw dropped. "Are you serious?"

"Bullshit!" Matt exclaimed. "Mom will never let me go—"

"Mom already said yes," Zacky interrupted.

I glanced over at my dad. He gave a slight nod. "They're serious."

"Oh my God!" I leapt into Brian's arms. "That is so awesome!"

"Just imagine the trouble we can get in together on the road," Jeanie said to me, smirking mischievously.

Brian gave her a warning glare. "Just imagine the trouble you girls will not be getting into on the road."

Jeanie widened her eyes innocently. "I was just kidding." As soon as Brian turned away from us, Jeanie mouthed, "Not!"

I giggled.

"When do we leave?" Matt questioned.

"Friday," Johnny answered.

I was literally bouncing with excitement. Dad had never let me go on tour with the guys before. I couldn't wait!!!!

*****

"Baby Gates, is all of this yours?" Shadsy asked when he got on the bus Friday morning. I looked up from where I was stretched out on the couch. Shadsy gestured at a pile of luggage, all of which belonged to me.

"Yep," I confirmed. "That's mine."

"Shit." Chuckling, Shadsy shook his head. "You and Syn need a separate bus. You two have so much stuff."

"At least my stuff is important," Brian said defensively, plopping down next to me on the couch. "All her stuff is clothes and makeup."

"Bullshit," Jimmy scoffed. "Baby Gates doesn't care how she looks."

I shot a dirty glare in his direction. "What exactly are you trying to imply, James?"

"Just that you're not vain enough to put an emphasis on your appearance," he replied. "Besides, it's not like you have to work at looking good. You're always beautiful."

I blushed. "Thank you, Sully."

Shadsy and Brian were both staring at Jimmy. "What?" Jimmy said.

"Pathetic!" Brian muttered.

"What?" Jimmy said again.

"My little sister has you wrapped around her finger," Brian returned, amused.

I feigned modesty. "I'm just that good."

"At what?" Zacky queried suggestively, climbing on the bus with Matt and Johnny.

I opened my mouth, but Brian quickly covered it with his hand. "Man, ZV, you know better than to get her started."

Zacky grinned. "My bad." He swatted at my feet. "Move, bitch. I wanna sit down."

"Sit on the floor," I retorted.

"No," Zacky refused. "Move your ass!"

"Make me," I challenged.

Zacky dropped onto my legs with his full weight.

"FUCK!" I yelled, trying to shove him off of me.

Brian, Jimmy, Shadsy, Johnny, and Matt all laughed. Zacky stood and I grudgingly pulled my legs up so he could fit on the couch.

"Thank you, Baby Gates," he said sarcastically.

"Fuck you, ZV," I responded sweetly.

Jeanie suddenly bounded onto the bus. "It is about time!" Zacky remarked.

"Fuck you, Zacky," Jeanie snapped, taking her usual position on Brian's lap.

"Damn." Zacky looked at Jeanie and me. "Are you girls raggin' or something?"

Jeanie and I both flipped him off.

"It's creepy when they do that," Johnny observed, referring to Jeanie's and my simultaneous movements and similar choice of words.

"Tell me about it," Brian, Zacky, and Matt all muttered.

Shadsy raised his eyebrows at Johnny. "And you think the girls are creepy..."

"So," I said after there was a moment of silence. "Where are we off to first?"

"Viva Las Vegas!" Jimmy crowed. "Where else?"
♠ ♠ ♠
To avoid confusion, M. Shadows will be referred to as "Shadsy" or "Shads" throughout the story, since there are two Matts present.