Status: Complete

Sister of Syn

These Lies Are Tearing Us Apart

After Jimmy found Kristy, he led the way back to the hotel.

"Melia, are you okay?" Kristy asked while we walked, immediately picking up on my bad mood.

"I'm fine," I lied, faking a smile. I wasn't sure why Jimmy had told Jeanie about Brian's continued drug use instead of me; but since he obviously thought I shouldn't know, I wasn't going to reveal the fact that Jeanie had passed on the secret to me. I figured Jimmy was just trying to protect me, the way Brian had tried to shield me from ever discovering his addiction.

"So, what are we doing?" Kristy queried curiously as we filed onto the elevator.

"Heroin." Jimmy punched the button for the third floor.

Kristy's brow furrowed. "You dragged me away from Texas Hold 'Em to watch you and Zack shoot up?"

"Baby Gates is curious," Jimmy explained. "I thought she'd feel better with you there." His eyes locked with hers and they had a moment of silent communication.

The elevator came to a halt. We walked to Jimmy and Kristy's room. Jimmy unlocked the door and we stepped inside. I was suddenly nervous and a little scared. I grabbed Zacky's hand. He gave me a reassuring smile, but it didn't quite reach his eyes.

Jimmy opened his duffel bag and retrieved two needles. I was slightly shocked that he already had some prepared. I wondered if he always had some ready. How had I been so oblivious? How had I not noticed that my brother and one of my closest friends were addicted?

Jimmy offered me a needle. I hesitated. "What?" he wanted to know. "Are you having second thoughts?"

"No. It's just, um...I'm scared of needles."

"Seriously?"

I nodded.

"Then heroin is definitely the drug for you," Jimmy said sarcastically. He held the needle out to Zacky. "You're up, man. Stick your girlfriend."

"No." Zacky shook his head. "I'm not doing it."

Jimmy stared at him for several seconds, then shifted his gaze to me. "Give me your arm."

I extended my arm. Jimmy pulled it straight and placed the needle to my skin. I flinched.

"Melia!" he scolded. "I haven't even done it yet."

"Sorry!" My cell rang. Jimmy made an exasperated sound as I freed my arm and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey, Doll," Jeanie said. "Listen, I need you to make a promise."

"What?"

"Promise you won't confront your brother about the drugs. He doesn't want you to know."

"Of course he doesn't," I muttered bitterly.

"Melia, please."

"Okay, okay. I promise."

"Thanks." There was a long pause. "I love you, Doll."

"I love you, too." I frowned, worried. "Jeanie...what's going on?"

"Nothing. I'll talk to you later." She hung up.

I snapped my cell shut.

Zacky touched my shoulder. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Jeanie just wanted to let me know she and Bri weren't coming back to the casino so I wouldn't worry."

Jimmy and Kristy exchanged a quick glance. Apparently, Kristy also knew Brian had never quit using. Why hadn't she told Jeanie and me?

Shaking my head to clear it of thoughts of betrayal, I held out my arm again. "Alright. Let's do this." I had to look away when the needle got close.

"Zacky, distract her," Jimmy ordered.

Zacky cupped my face in his hands and kissed me--an intense, moaning, tonsil-sucking kind of kiss. I didn't even feel the needle penetrate my skin.

I drew back from Zacky as the drug worked its way through my veins. Zacky, Jimmy, and Kristy watched me, waiting for my reaction. I smiled. "I think I like heroin."

*****

Stretching, I rolled over to face Zacky. But it wasn't Zacky curled around me; it was Kristy. She gave me a sleepy smile. "Good morning."

I stifled a yawn. "Morning. Where are the boys?"

We heard the shower come on. Seconds later, Jimmy joined us in bed. "Zack is in the shower. That gives us about ten minutes. What do you ladies say we..." He wiggled his eyebrows.

Kristy and I both rolled our eyes and swatted at him simultaneously. Laughing, he shielded his head with his arms. "Sorry! I had to try. I wouldn't be me if I didn't."

"That's true," Kristy agreed.

Jimmy looked at me. "How do you feel this morning, Baby Gates?"

"Great!" I responded. "I see why--" I broke off, remembering just in time that I wasn't supposed to know about Brian's continued drug use.

"Well, I'll share with you whenever you want," Jimmy said. "You're cute when you're messed up."

I kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks, Jim Jam."

"You're welcome. Hey, we've still got about eight minutes. Are you girls sure you don't want to--"

Kristy and I both smacked him again. Zacky strolled out of the bathroom with only a towel around his waist. Jimmy and Kristy catcalled. Zacky grinned and shook his head.

"What's under the towel is even better," I said suggestively. "In fact..." I got up and went to where Zacky was digging through his bag for clothes.

"Baby Gates, don't distract him!" Jimmy chastised. "We have to leave soon."

I tugged Zacky towards the bathroom. "This won't take too very long." Zacky smirked, eyes fixed on me.

"Let's go!" Shads barked, banging on the door.

"DAMN!" Zacky and I swore loudly.

"Hey, there's a back room on the bus," Kristy pointed out as I let go of Zacky's towel and he returned to his bag.

"Unless Matt and Sara are locked in there again," Zacky muttered.

"You've got a bunk," Jimmy said.

"We can't use the bunk," I argued.

"Why?" Jimmy asked.

"Bri might hear us."

Jimmy raised an eyebrow. "And? You've heard him and Jeanie."

I lifted a shoulder. "It would just feel weird."

Zacky pulled a shirt and jeans out of his bag. "I brought clothes for you, too."

I looked in his bag. My outfit was a Vengeance University tee and a miniskirt. Jimmy, Kristy, Zacky, and I changed.

Zacky whispered what he wanted to do to me while we made our way down to the bus. I couldn't wait to get my hands on him by the time we were halfway across the hotel lobby. We clambered onto the bus, and everyone was gathered in the front area. Everyone except Brian and Jeanie.

"Melia." Mickie stopped me before I could drag Zacky to the back room. "Jeanie is gone, and Brian's not talking to anyone."

"Where is he?" I demanded. She pointed to the bunk area.

"Sorry," I mouthed to Zacky. I walked to Brian's bunk. "Bri?"

"Yeah, tiddlywink?"

I crawled into his bunk with him. "Where's Jeanie?"

"Her grandmother is sick. She had to go home."

"Oh. Um, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"You're back here all alone and you're not talking."

Brian smiled, but it looked strained. "I'm fine, tiddlywink. You worry about me too much. Go be with your boyfriend."

Reluctantly, I nodded. "Okay." I hugged him and climbed out of the bunk. I headed into the back room, shut the door, and used my cell to call Jeanie.

"I knew you'd call," she said on the first ring.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?"

"You would've convinced me to stay, and I can't be there anymore."

"Did you break up with Bri?"

"No. We just needed some space."

"You needed space!"

"He lied to me about doing drugs, Melia. We've never had a problem so serious. I freaked out. I couldn't deal with it."

"So you left me here to deal with it."

Silence.

"And I suppose you still want me to keep my mouth shut and not confront him?" I said angrily.

"Yes. I'm sorry, Doll. He's being taken care of. Kristy and Jimmy are keeping an eye on him. He'll be alright for now."

"For now?" I repeated.

"Until we confront him. I want us to do it together, when I come back."

"When are you coming back?"

"I'm not sure."

"Do Jimmy and Kristy know that I know?" I inquired.

"Jimmy made us swear not to tell you."

"Oh my God! I am so fucking sick of being lied to!"

"I know, Doll, but no one wants to be the person who causes you pain."

"Being lied to is hurting me worse than if everyone would just tell me the truth. I can handle it."

"I'm sorry," Jeanie said again, and she sounded sincere.

I sighed. "I guess I can't blame you for leaving for awhile. I'd probably need time to calm down if it was Zacky lying to me."

"Thanks, Doll. Listen, my phone is going to be off so the others will buy Brian's story. But I'll call you as soon as I figure out when I'm coming back and how we're going to deal with your brother."

"Okay."

"I love you, Doll."

"I love you, too." I closed my cell and dissolved into tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know this chapter is short, but there was no other way to divide up events. The next chapter is a MAJOR chapter, so everyone make sure you're caught up. The story is coming to its end and you're going to love it, I promise.

Read and enjoy, comment and subscribe. Thank you to all my loyal readers, especially Heather and Kalei.