Status: Complete

Sister of Syn

Things Are Looking Up...Maybe

The issues I'd had with Shads at the beginning of the tour were a cake walk compared to what was going on now. At least back then I knew I could turn to Brian if I needed him. The lies he'd told had created the current situation and made it impossible to seek him out for comfort. The worst part was that I needed him now more than ever.

Life had never been so hard. I was suspicious of every word Brian spoke, and I wanted to confront him so badly. I hated Kristy and Jimmy for keeping Brian's secret. I hated Shads and Johnny for not being more concerned about Brian's drug use. I refused every time Jimmy offered me heroin.

I stayed in Zacky's bunk as much as I could without arousing concern. I don't know how Zacky put up with me. I was depressed and irritable and never in the mood for sex. Yet Zacky climbed in the bunk with me for hours at a time and just held me. He knew the real reason Jeanie had left. He knew that I was faking it every time I smiled at Brian. I couldn't have made it without his support.

Two weeks passed with no word from Jeanie. Then, the day before the show in Vegas, my cell rang. We were at a gas station, and the guys were arguing over which junk food to buy: Zebra Cakes or Cosmic Brownies. I glanced at my cell. Seeing Jeanie's number on the caller ID, I hurried outside. "Jeanie? Oh my God! It's about time."

"I'm sorry, Doll. I've been busy. I've been checking out rehab centers."

"Oh. So...you're coming back?"

"Not immediately. I'm going to meet up with you guys in Long Beach."

My heart leaped. The Long Beach show was only two days away.

"The guys have some time off after Long Beach," Jeanie said. "We're all gonna go back to Huntington Beach, relax, and have a good, old-fashioned intervention. If your brother won't listen to me and you, we're bringing in Papa."

I slumped against the side of the tour bus, weak with relief. This nightmare could be over in as little as two or three days.

"I'll see you soon," Jeanie said. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I shoved my cell in my pocket just as Zacky stepped out of the gas station. He paused, his eyes scanning the parking lot for me. I watched him for a second, thinking how lucky I was to have him. Then I realized that I had two weeks of bitchiness to make up for. I dashed across the parking lot and threw myself into his arms.

"I assume it was a good phone call?" he commented.

I kissed him long and hard, savoring the taste of him.

"I assume it was a very good phone call."

I grabbed his hand and led him to the bus. "I love very good phone calls," he declared when I pulled him to the back room. Giggling, I shut and locked the door.

*****

"I don't think I can do the show tonight," Zacky said during sound check the next day.

"Why?" Brian asked while Johnny, Jimmy, and Shads looked at Zacky worriedly.

Zacky smirked. "Dude, your sister can't keep her hands off me! I'm worn out!"

Johnny, Jimmy, and Shads laughed. Brian shook his head.

"I'm serious," Zacky insisted. "Eight times last night, and six times this morning, not counting the quickie on the way here."

"TMI!" Brian yelled, covering his ears.

"Melia!" Johnny scolded playfully. "You need to leave our rhythm guitarist some energy!"

I widened my eyes innocently. "I can't help it. He's just so cute." I gave Zacky a quick kiss and joined the other girls backstage. I noticed instantly that Matt and Sara were missing. I was willing to bet they were at the hotel breaking Zacky's and my record.

Kristy, Mickie, and I spent the afternoon together, ignoring the guys. We mostly talked about sex. Our giggles drew the guys' attention and they kept trying to eavesdrop. Matt and Sara showed up around 5:30 with food. By the time we all finished eating, the guys had to get ready for the show. I was persuaded to do Brian's and Zacky's makeup.

The show was flawless. My performance was much better than it had been for the last two weeks, and Zacky strutted around the stage with the cocky attitude of the well-laid. The six of us were leaving the stage after our encore, the crowd cheering deafeningly, when Zacky did something unexpected. He caught me by the arm, spun me to face him, and kissed me so graphically that we were literally swapping spit.

There was a moment of shocked silence from the crowd, then every single fan in the venue erupted. The majority of the noise was positive, but there were also several boos and I got called some explicit names. I couldn't resist groping Zacky a little to piss off the haters. Zacky didn't mind. In fact, his body loved it.

We made it backstage, and I was sure Zacky was going to ravage me in the nearest dark, empty room. However, Jimmy stopped that plan. "Baby Gates, I need to borrow your boyfriend for a minute."

I reluctantly disentangled myself from Zacky's arms and he followed Jimmy to the dressing room.

"You're officially the most hated girl in Vegas right now," Matt stated, moving to stand beside me.

I grinned. "I know. And I don't care."

"I think Mom will be happy with you as her daughter-in-law," Matt remarked. "She loves you to death. She's hated all of Zack's other girlfriends."

"Daughter-in-law?" I echoed. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Zacky came back right then, interrupting Matt before he could explain what he was on about. Vowing to myself that I would get an answer out of Matt, I smiled at Zacky. "Ready to spend another night in?"

"Of course. Listen, why don't you go ahead to the hotel and put on my favorite lingerie. I'll be there in thirty minutes."

I nodded, brushed a kiss across his lips, and went out to a waiting limo with Mickie, Johnny, and Jimmy.

*****

I took a shower and changed into the lingerie Jeanie had given me for Christmas. I applied a hint of eyeliner and some crimson lipgloss. I put on Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar and waited.

Zacky walked in as track six--"Cryptorchid"--was starting. I was lying on the bed with only a single lamp illuminating the room. Zacky saw me and licked his lips.

"Hi," I purred.

He approached the bed. "Damn, Baby Gates."

I giggled and sat up on my knees. "Do you like?"

"I love." He kissed me, climbing onto the bed with me. "I got us something," he murmured.

"What?" I questioned between kisses.

He dug two needles out of his pocket. "I figured we had cause to celebrate since Jeanie's phone call."

I hesitated. Was it fair for me to shoot up when I wanted Brian to quit so badly? Then I looked Zacky full in the face and decided what the hell. If Brian agreed to go to rehab, I'd never use again, either.

"Deformography" floated out of the stereo, and Zacky gave me the smile that made things lower than my stomach tighten. He happily stripped me of the barely-there lingerie, singing, "I lift you up like the sweetest angel. I'll tear you down like a whore."

I slid a hand down to his crotch and squeezed him gently. He inhaled sharply. I bit my lip, unzipping his jeans. "You're such a dirty, dirty rock star."

He grabbed my arm and placed one of the needles against my skin. I let out a little gasp as he injected me with the heroin. He kissed the tiny prick, tossed aside the needle, and uncapped the second needle. He was inches away from injecting himself when I eased his cock out of his jeans and took him in my mouth. Groaning, his head fell back and his eyes slid closed. He dropped the needle and wound his fingers in my hair...

*****

I jerked awake, drenched with icy cold sweat. Pain was washing over my body in waves, and my veins were burning as if they were on fire. A whimper escaped me and I reached for Zacky. My hand met cold, empty sheets. Zacky was gone. I was alone.

I knew I had to get someone, but my body wouldn't cooperate. I was shivering so violently I could barely function. I was weak and the blankets seemed to hold me down. My heart was racing. My breathing was labored. Tears sprang to my eyes as my body spasmed with a fresh wave of pain. I opened my mouth to scream, and the scream was swallowed in the bile that rushed up from my throat. Vomit spilled from my mouth and splattered on the floor.

The vomit tasted like blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated because Kalei asked me to. lol. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Thanks to all who have subscribed. There are only two parts left and I know you wanna know how this ends. =)