Status: Complete

Sister of Syn

Favors

When we reached Vegas, the boys had to go straight to the venue to begin rehearsal. Matt and I set up an X-Box in one of the back rooms and began playing Halo 3.

"Owned!" I crowed triumphantly for about the thirtieth time in two hours. "Why do you even try, Baker? You'll never beat me."

Matt looked at me thoughtfully. "You sounded so much like your brother right then. He says that to Zack all the time."

"What do I say to Zack all the time?" Brian questioned, entering the room.

"That he'll never beat you at anything," Matt answered.

"Well, it's true." Brian pointed at the television. "Is that your corpse, Baby Baker?"

"Yeah," Matt muttered, bristling at the use of that nickname.

"Why do you even try?" Brian said. "You know Melia is the queen of Halo 3."

Matt shrugged. "She enjoys it, so I play with her."

"Whoa!" Jimmy froze in the doorway. "I came in at the wrong part of this conversation."

I giggled as Matt blushed. Brian rolled his eyes. "He meant he plays video games with her, you fucking perv."

"Is that what the kids are calling it these days?" Jimmy joked. Brian punched him on the shoulder playfully.

"Why are you back here?" I asked Brian. "Aren't you guys rehearsing?"

"I thought I'd check and see what all the yelling was about," he said.

Jimmy started to say something. "Shut up!" Brian, Matt, and I cut him off.

"Fine," Jimmy pouted.

"Baby Gates!" Shadsy called suddenly.

"Oh, yeah," Jimmy said. "Shads wants you."

I walked out of the backstage area. Brian, Matt, and Jimmy followed.

"C'mere." Shadsy opened his arms. I went to him and he picked me up.

"Why are you so obsessed with carrying my sister around?" Brian wanted to know.

"Because I've missed her and because I have to enjoy it while I can," Shadsy returned. "One day she'll get a man and I won't be allowed to do this."

"Yeah, you will," Johnny argued. "Whoever dates Baby Gates is gonna have to realize that we come first in her life."

"Uh, no!" I said. "You guys are taking a backseat to the man I fall in love with."

"Well, duh, if it's the man who has your heart," Johnny said. "But the guys that you just date or fuck come second to us."

"Johnny, please," Brian protested. "I don't want to think about my little sister fucking anybody."

"Besides," Zacky added, "Baby Gates doesn't 'just fuck.' One night stands aren't her thing."

"Too bad you can't make that claim, ZV," Jimmy cracked.

"For real," Shadsy agreed. "You're a ho, Zack."

Zacky shook his head. "Whatever."

I looked at Matt. "Fuck this. Are you ready to get your ass kicked again at Halo 3?"

"One more time," he said. "Then we're playing Guitar Hero 2."

"Okay. I'll kick your ass at that, too." I shifted my gaze to Shadsy. "You can put me down now."

Shadsy frowned. "You have to rehearse with us. Didn't Jimmy tell you?"

"Oh, yeah," Jimmy said. "You're singing tonight."

I stared at him. "I'm what?"

"We need you for 'A Little Piece of Heaven,'" Shadsy explained.

"Why can't Jeanie do it?" I queried.

"Stage fright," Brian replied.

"Please, Baby Gates." Shadsy gave me a begging-puppy look I couldn't say no to.

"Fine," I relented.

"As soon as we eat lunch, we'll show you what we want you to do tonight," Shadsy said.

"Where is our lunch?" Johnny wondered aloud. "Shouldn't Jeanie be back by now?"

The words had barely left his mouth when Jeanie strode in, hands full of take-out bags. "Who wants Chinese?"

"You know," Shadsy remarked as everyone found what they had ordered and began eating, "Jimmy's getting senile at an early age."

"I'm not senile!" Jimmy flung part of an eggroll at Shadsy.

"Yes, you are!" Shadsy declared, laughing. "You forgot to tell Baby Gates that I wanted to see her, and you forgot to tell her we needed her to sing. Those two facts exited your brain in the two seconds it took you to walk to the dressing rooms. You're senile."

"No, I'm not," Jimmy insisted. "I didn't forget those two facts. They were shocked from my brain when I heard Baby Baker talking about playing with Baby Gates."

Shadsy, Johnny, and Zacky all three choked on their mouthfuls of food. Jeanie glanced at me with a sly grin. Matt and Brian both glared at Jimmy.

"My brother was talking about doing what with her?" Zacky demanded once he could breathe again.

"Jimmy so took the comment out of context," I said. "Matt was talking about playing video games with me, not playing with me in a sexual nature."

"Yeah," Matt said with another dirty look at Jimmy.

Jimmy held up his hands in a gesture of surrender. "Okay, okay. I'm just repeating what I heard. Calm down, kids."

"If the kids ever did start playing with each other, I think it would be cute," Jeanie stated.

Brian nodded, studying Matt and me. "Yep. They would be adorable."

I glowered at Jeanie and Brian. Matt made a face. "NO WAY!" we both exclaimed.

"Let's take a vote," Jeanie said. "Who thinks they would be adorable?"

Brian, Shadsy, Jimmy, Johnny, and Jeanie all raised their hands.

"Who thinks they wouldn't be adorable?" Jeanie said.

Matt and I both raised our hands.

Jeanie turned to Zacky. "Umm, hello? You didn't vote."

"That's because I don't care," he shot back.

"None of you should care," I said. "It's never going to happen. The end."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! I'm shocked I even have 14 subscribers. That kinda made my day. Let's go for 20-25 with this chapter. =)

Please comment and let me know what you think. Isn't Jimmy adorable in this story? I had a lot of fun writing him.

Oh, yeah. Happy New Year! I know it's a bit late, but still....