Status: Complete

Sister of Syn

A Little Flirting Never Hurt Anyone

We left the club at three a.m. Jeanie was helping Brian walk; Shadsy was supporting a stumbling Jimmy, and Johnny was being kept upright by Matt. We somehow made it to the bus without anyone falling or losing consciousness. However, Johnny passed out right after climbing the steps. Matt had to catch him to keep him from tumbling back through the door.

"Night, you guys!" Jeanie said as Brian started tugging her towards the bunk area. Matt followed them with Johnny.

"This has been the night of my life," Kristy declared, flopping down on the couch. Mickie situated herself on Kristy's lap.

Jimmy sat beside Kristy. "Really? Then how would you like to do it all again tomorrow night in Phoenix?"

Kristy and Mickie shared an excited glance. "Seriously?" Mickie asked, looking at Shadsy and Zacky.

Shadsy shrugged. "What the hell? We need more girls on this bus so people don't think we're all banging Baby Gates."

Jimmy slung an arm around Kristy's shoulders. "Now it'll just be you and Zack bangin' Baby Gates."

"You forgot Johnny," Shadsy said.

"No, I didn't," Jimmy returned. "The gnome wants to play with Mickie."

Mickie blushed. "You're just saying that."

"No, he's not," I informed her. "Johnny has a crush on you. Could you not tell?"

Mickie smiled, eyes bright with happiness. Kristy was basking in the attention from Jimmy. Shadsy looked so alone. I don't know why it bothered me that Shadsy didn't have a girl. Zacky didn't have a girl, either, and I didn't care. But Shadsy...

I went over to Shadsy and wrapped my arms around his middle. He returned the embrace.

Matt finally emerged from the bunk area. He was in his pajamas. "So, where's everyone sleeping?"

"Kristy can sleep with me," Jimmy offered.

Shadsy, Zacky, Matt, and I all looked at him.

He widened his eyes innocently. "What? I just meant--"

"We know what you meant," Shadsy cut in.

"Why don't Kristy and Mickie take the back lounge?" I suggested.

"Where will you sleep?" Shadsy said.

"She can have the couch in here," Matt piped up.

"And you're going to sleep on the floor?" Shadsy guessed.

"No." Matt looked at Zacky. "I could sleep with you."

"Or not," Zacky said. "I know you're my brother and all, but I'd rather share that tiny space with a tiny person who doesn't take up much room."

"Are you okay with that?" Shadsy queried of me.

I lifted a shoulder. "Sure."

"Alright then." Shadsy kissed me on the cheek, let me go, and waved to the others. "Goodnight." He disappeared into the bunk area.

I took Kristy and Mickie to the back lounge, giving them all the blankets and pillows that Matt wasn't using.

"Sweet dreams," I said once they were comfortable.

"Melia." Kristy stopped me as I was leaving. "Thank you."

"Yeah," Mickie added. "Thanks."

"You are both very welcome." I went into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and washed my face. Then I put on a HIM tanktop and a pair of boxers. Yawning, I climbed into Zacky's bunk.

"Hi," he said softly.

"Hi," I echoed, feeling a flutter in my stomach. I had never revealed to anyone that I had a crush on Zacky. Usually I wasn't nervous around him, but being alone with him in this extremely small space was giving me a few butterflies.

"Having a good time?" he questioned.

"Of course," I murmured. "I always have fun with you guys."

There was a long pause. "Baby Gates," he said finally.

"Yeah, ZV?" I inquired.

He leaned over and kissed me on the forehead. "I'm glad you're here."

*****

I woke to find Zacky snuggled against me, an arm loosely wrapped around my waist. I moved a little closer to him, enjoying the sensation of his body against mine.

"Melia!" Brian's voice rang out.

I almost fell trying to get out of Zacky's bunk. It wasn't that Brian would be upset about Zacky and me sleeping in the same bed. But he probably wouldn't like the way we were laying.

"Melia!" Brian called again.

"What?" I snapped.

"Dad wants to talk to you," he told me.

I walked to the front of the bus and Brian handed me his cell.

"Hi, Daddy!" I said brightly.

"Hey, sweetheart," he returned, tone warm with love. "How are you?"

"Good," I said. "I kinda need a shower, though."

"I'll say," Brian quipped. "DAMN!" Jeanie smacked him on the back of the head.

"Are you boys treating you alright?" Dad asked.

"Yep. They're treating me just like they always did." I watched Zacky trudge out of the bunk area and sit at the table.

"Okay," Dad said. "I love you, baby. Give the phone back to your brother."

I dropped the cell into Brian's palm and sat down across from Zacky. He studied me consideringly for a minute. "You know, Baby Gates, you would look really good with snakebites."

"Umm....thanks?" I mumbled.

"You should get that done today," he commented.

"She should get what done today?" Shadsy questioned, coming in with Jimmy, Kristy, and Mickie trailing him.

"Snakebites," Zacky replied.

"And mess up that lovely face!" Shadsy feigned horror. "No way, Vengeance."

There was a loud grunt when Jimmy jumped on the couch. A second passed, during which Jimmy looked very confused. Then he remembered that Matt had slept on the couch. "Wakey, wakey, Baby Baker!" he singsonged.

"Fuck you," Matt grumbled from under his blanket.

"C'mon, Baby Gates." Zacky was focused on me, ignoring the commotion around us. "Snakebites would be sexy on you."

Both Jeanie and Brian shot Zacky unreadable looks.

"I think she needs a tongue ring," Jimmy said.

"I think you need to get your fat ass off of me," Matt muttered.

Jimmy situated himself more comfortably on Matt. "I hate you," came Matt's muffled voice.

"Hey, Matt!" Zacky said. "Don't you agree that Melia needs snakebites?"

"At this exact instant, I don't give a fuck!" Matt responded. "But I'll get back to you when Jimmy moves his fat ass."

"I think Melia would look cute with snakebites," Mickie piped up.

Jimmy shook his head. "Tongue ring."

"Nose ring," Jeanie proposed.

Jimmy made a face. "Lame!"

Jeanie and Brian, who both had the left side of their noses pierced, flipped Jimmy off.

"Zack, man, a little support?" Brian said.

"I didn't say septum piercings were lame," Jimmy pointed out. "I said nose rings were."

Brian and Jeanie flipped him off again.

"So--" Zacky turned back to me, "--are you gonna get pierced?"

I nodded.

"Snakebites, right?" Zacky guessed triumphantly.

"Nope," I answered. "Bellybutton."

Everyone laughed at the blank expression Zacky gave me. "How in the hell did you decide on that?" he demanded. "No one suggested that."

"Because she didn't want to ruin her beautiful face," Shadsy said.

Zacky pouted. "Fine. Hey, where's Johnny?"

"He's still passed out," Kristy said with a giggle. "I think he drank more than the rest of us combined."

"That sounds like him," Shadsy remarked. And, forgetting that Matt was still on the couch, Shadsy collapsed next to Jimmy, causing Matt to let out a yelp of pain.