Status: Comments = Updates :)

A Little Piece of Heaven

Ch. 4 - Tiring

~~~~ Next Day – Dec. 14th. 2009 ~~~~

I was pacing my living room or what I could of it waiting for the child services person to get here. I was extremely nervous for my interview. Brian and Matt were going to be doing theirs later today after mine. I was scared for my house was a hot mess right now. But it was an organized mess as Kaydence put it.

The doorbell rang and I headed for it and opened it to find a well-dressed older woman there.

“Mr. Sullivan?”

“Yes”

“Hello I am Ms. McNeil from child protection services”

“Yes please do come in”

“Thank you”

I stood back to let her in and shut the door behind her.

“You’ll have to excuse the slight mess. I’m still organizing everything that I bought yesterday for my son”

“Alright. Well how about we start by showing me the room you are planning on putting your son and where it is compared to your room”

“Okay this way please”

I led her upstairs and into his room. Everything was in the center of the room and plastic sheets were covering the floor for we were painting the room later.

“We’re painting the room later today.”

“I see. So is this the crib here in the center”

“Yes and I tested it out to make sure it was sturdy enough.”

“Good.”

“And here is his dresser and the changing table and the rocker I bought. The rocker will go by the window and I’m planning on putting the crib here against this wall, because my room is on the other side and his monitor can attach right here. His changing table and dresser will go on the opposite wall and I’m installing some shelving and such in his closet over here in the next day or so.”

I looked at her nervously.

I hope I’m doing this right

She was merely writing something down on the clipboard she had with her.

“You said your room was right on the other side of this wall?”

“Yes”

“May I see it?”

“Um…sure…it’s not really cleaned right now”

“That’s fine”

I led her next door into my room. There were clothes everywhere and things were everywhere. Sheet music was all over the floor and so were rolled up paper balls from when I think of lyrics in my room.

“You weren’t kidding”

I rubbed the back of my neck.

“Yeah well I haven’t really had a lot of time lately to clean it but I promise you it will be spotless when I bring my son home”

She just nodded and continued scribbling things down.

“Where is everything else for your son?”

“In the living room and the spare room for right now until after we paint and can arrange his room and put everything in there.”

I showed her the room where everything was organized in piles.

She just scribbled more things down.

I led her back to the living room where she perused the piles and checked off things. Then she walked into my kitchen and took a look around.

“You’ll need to baby proof these cabinets’ and drawers”

“Okay”

“And make sure there are no bottles out or dished left out too long.”

“Of course”

“Mr. Sullivan to be honest I am a little concerned.”

I felt my heart sink.

“About what?”

“The state of the house and your reputation with the band you are in”

“The band is my source of income and I can’t do much about the house right now until the room is painted.”

“Lead free paint?”

“Of course I’m not stupid”

“I wasn’t saying you were Mr. Sullivan”

“Okay”

“This house is a mess. Your room is messy, there are things everywhere, and the amount of empty alcoholic beverage bottles in this kitchen concern me”

“Everything will be cleaned out soon”

“I’m just concerned for the well-being of your son”

“He’ll be fine”

“I’m not so sure Mr. Sullivan”

I was starting to get mad. This lady obviously didn’t understand everything that had happened to me in the past few days.

“Listen lady I just found out like two, three days ago that my son was mine for sure and I had to go through a thousand papers and books and everything the next day and I just got to shopping yesterday. I spent hours picking things out and getting it all back here. I spent hours figuring out how to put that crib and everything else together. My friends were over helping me organize everything I had bought and organizing it all. I was just surprised with this so I haven’t gotten much cleaning done, because I’ve been focused on getting everything I need to get for my son. So excuse me if my house is a little disorganized right now. You try making time to clean when you can’t even put everything away until you paint the room and get it all together. I can’t clean until his room is all set up!”

Ms. McNeil just looked at me before walking past me.

“We’ll be in touch Mr. Sullivan”

I let her out and once she was gone and let out a loud groan and went and collapsed onto my bed.

What did I just do?

~~~~ That Night ~~~~

“Come on Jimmy everything will be okay”

I just looked over at Brian then back down at my beer.

“Come on Jimmy Matt and I told her how amazing and affectionate you are.”

“I told her off”

“You were provoked”

“She didn’t see to find it that way”

“Calm down Jimbo. They’ll give you him”

“I hope so”

“I know so”

I just looked over at Brian once again then stood up downing the rest of my beer.

“Let’s go do the second coat now”

“Man we’re supposed to wait an entire day”

“I want my son home with me soon Brian. It’s been like 6 hours.”

“Alright”

Brian stood up finishing his beer up and we headed back up to my son’s room and did the second coat.

I was praying that they would let me have my son after what had just gone down earlier today.

I was praying so hard.

~~~~ Two Days Later – Dec. 16th, 2009 ~~~~

I sat in my living room staring up at the ceiling. Brian, Matt, Johnny, and Zacky were all here with me. We were waiting for my lawyer and the child protection services woman to come. They were doing a follow up and she would make her decision if I was fit to take my son. I had gone and cleaned my entire house…or rather we called in the girls and they spent the day cleaning and screaming out, “WHAT THE HELL IS THIS JIMMY!?”

What can I say I lived like a rock star lives. But that was all changing right about now.

The doorbell rang and all of us jumped up and out of our seats and headed for the door.

I opened the door to see my lawyer, Mr. Smith and Ms. McNeils the lady from child protection services.

“Hello James”

“Hello Mr. Smith, Ms. McNeils”

“Hello Mr. Sullivan”

“Please come in”

I stepped back running into Matt who quickly jumped back causing him to knock into Johnny who fell onto his ass. I had to keep from bursting out laughing at that.

I started the tour of my house again.

It was spotless.

Remind me to thank the girls big time

I showed her into the kitchen where she approved on all the baby proofing things we had bought that we would put into place a few days before my son came home. She looked around the living room and at the couple toys sitting out waiting for him. Then we headed up to his room that was all painted and set up. The girls helped me put all of the clothes and toys away. Kaydence even helped me put the sheets and blankets onto his crib. Everything was all set up.

All that was missing was him.

My son.

~~~~~~~~~

A little while later we all sat down at the dining room table.

“Well Mr. Sullivan it seems that you have proved me wrong”

My head snapped up at this.

“I…what?”

“I honestly didn’t like the situation that was present the last time I was here. But you seem to have proved me wrong. You really do want to raise your son”

“I really do. It’s my son. He belongs with me if he can’t be with his mother”

“I agree”

“So…does this mean that I get to bring my son home with me?”

“Yes it does”

I had to keep from jumping up right then in joy.

“When can I go and get him?”

“Well he’s finishing up some more tests to make sure that everything is still going okay with your son. They’re just making sure that nothing is going to go wrong and that everything is still good.”

“Okay”

“But soon Mr. Sullivan. Soon”

“Okay”

“We’ll be in touch”

“Thank you”

“You’re welcome. It was a pleasure to see you again”

“Same”

With that both Mr. Smith and her left. Once they were gone I started dancing around and jumping up and down.

I was officially going to be picking up my son and bringing him home soon.

I was getting my son.

My son…
♠ ♠ ♠
here's the update. hope you all enjoy. i'm like half awake right now and probably heading to bed. love to all my subscribers! and my commentors! this update was kinda eh, more of a filler but it's not that bad i don't think. trust me it'll pick up soon.

three comments and i'll update again. love you all!!!!!

subscribe and comment ^_^