Status: Comments = Updates :)

A Little Piece of Heaven

Ch. 6 - Road Trip

~~~~ Dec. 21st, 2009 ~~~~

~~~~ 2 p.m. ~~~~

“JAMES OWEN SULLIVAN IF YOU DON’T STOP THIS DAMN CAR NOW I AM GOING TO PEE ALL OVER THIS SEAT!!!!”

“WOMAN YOU HOLD YOUR PEE! IF YOU GO IN MY CAR I WILL KILL YOU!!!!”

“JUST STOP ALREADY AND LET HER GO PEE!!!!”

“TWO AGAINST ONE! NOT RIGHT!”

“JAMES OWEN SULLIVAN!!!”

“I’M STOPPING! I’M STOPPING!”

I pulled off at the first rest area and found the closest spot I could. I had just pulled into a spot and put the car in park and Kaydence was out of the car and running for the rest area. Brian and I just sat there watching as she disappeared into the rest area screaming for everyone to move.

“I…I didn’t know she could move that fast…”

“I…yeah I didn’t either”

I looked back at Brian who just looked away really quickly.

“Yeah I don’t need to know about your sex life”

“I didn’t say anything”

“Good”

I turned the car off and Brian and I got out stretching our legs. We donned our hats and sunglasses and headed into the rest area to go to the bathroom ourselves. We made it through the hordes of people there traveling to loved ones houses for the holidays and to the men’s room. We were in and out quickly but there was no sign of Kaydence.

So we headed back to the car while Brian texted Kaydence to let her know that we would be waiting in the car. His response came back seconds later. Brian busted out laughing at her answer and held out his phone for me to read.

Yeah yeah yeah PEOPLE NEED TO PEE FASTER!!!

I started laughing and we both just got into the car and jammed to some music. Brian was now in the front seat and he had put Kaydence’s purse and bag into the back so that she would have what she needed in the back seat.

After a few minutes Brian turned around in his seat and leaned over into the back seat and started rummaging through Kaydence’s bag.

“Dude what are you doing?”

“I’m looking for something”

“Don’t go through your girls bag! That’s not cool”

“Relax I’m going through for something she said she had”

“Which is?”

“I had left my newest guitar magazines at her place the other night and I asked her if she could grab them so that I would have something to read in the car.”

“You left your blessed guitar magazines at her place?”

“Yeah. I figured I’d be back there the next day but I wasn’t. I was on the hunt for decorations”

“How much of your crap is at her place?”

“I don’t know I don’t keep track”

“How much of her crap is at your place?”

“I don’t know I don’t keep track of that either”

“You don’t know where any of your crap is do you?”

“No I do. If it’s not in my house it’s at Kay’s apartment.”

“What about Kaydence?”

“What about her?”

“Does she know where her crap is?”

“If it’s not at her place it’s at mine. But she has like a second set of all the important stuff at my place in case she stays over and she wasn’t planning on it.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah…AH HA!!!”

Brian came back over the seat with his mound of guitar magazines. He riffled through them to make sure they were all there.

“I fucking love that girl”

“Well I would hope so if you’re leaving you’re crap at her place.”

Brian just looked over at me. Suddenly he pulled out a magazine.

“Holy shit!”

“What?”

I looked over at the magazine Brian was holding up.

“You remember that magazine that interviewed me?”

“Yeah”

“Well they said I would be in the January issue and this is it. But it’s not supposed to hit stands until after Christmas. How the hell did she get it?”

“I don’t know”

“I fucking love that girl”

“You’ve already said that”

“Well I really mean it now. She still finds ways to amaze me.

Brian started riffling through his newest magazine and I grabbed one of the other ones to help pass the time.

A few minutes later we saw Kaydence leaving the rest area carrying a couple bags.

“Well we know why she was gone so long”

“Apparently”

Kaydence reached the car and walked to the passenger seat where she saw Brian sitting. Her eyes narrowed at him and she gave him a death glare. He just simply smiled at her.

So Kaydence reached into a bag, pulled out a bottle of his favorite soda, reached her hand in and dropped the soda into his lap. It all happened so fast that Brian had no time to prepare and he was soon doubled over cussing Kaydence out. While I was doubled over with laughter.

Kaydence climbed into the back seat, shut the door, and set all the bags next to her.

“Okay Jimmy I picked up some food and drinks for us so that we can keep on trucking.”

“I love you Kaydence”

“Fucking hate you Kaydence”

“Oh hold the soda on it you big baby”

“I hate you”

“Yeah yeah yeah keep telling yourself that love”

I started the car and we pulled out once everyone was buckled. Brian was still double over cussing Kaydence out, Kaydence was smiling like mad and digging into her burger, while I drove and started drinking the soda Kaydence had handed me.

A little while later Brian was sitting up and ignoring Kaydence. I was chewing on my burger and cussing out drivers, while Kaydence was looking in her bag for something.

“OH SHIT!!!”

“What what’s wrong?”

“Oh look who’s talking to me now!”

“Kay”

“I SWORE I put your guitar magazines in my bag! I like TRIPPLE checked everything last night AND this morning!”

“Relax Kay I have them up here. While we were waiting forever for you I went in your bag and grabbed them.”

I watched Kaydence in the rearview mirror as she looked up at Brian her eyes on fire.

“You went through my bag?”

“There wasn’t anything THAT private in there”

“Still. You went through my bag!”

“Kaydence we’ve been together for almost two years now. You go through my crap all the damn time.”

“Did you go through my purse?”

I saw a slight look of horror on her face, which made me wonder what she kept in that purse.

“No purse is always off limits”

“Okay good”

Relief washed over her face and she went back to her bag and pulled out a book.

“Hey babe”

“Don’t call me babe”

“Angel”

“Yes”

“How did you get this magazine so early?”

Kaydence looked up from her book and at the magazine Brian was holding up.

“I just took photographs of some concerts for that magazine and I was handing them in and remembered this was the magazine who interviewed you and I asked when it was coming out. And they said after Christmas but they had a few made a head of time to make sure everything was how they wanted it. And it was and since they loved my photos I asked for a copy and they gladly handed one over. I didn’t even have to pull the girlfriend card”

“You’re amazing Angel”

“So are you hun”

Brian leaned into the back seat and kissed Kaydence. They continued kissing until I “accidently” swerved the car causing Brian to lose his balance and fall. He turned and glared at me.

“Sorry”

Brian pecked Kaydence’s lips before returning to his seat to read said magazine. Kaydence just smiled and returned to her book.

“Oh your beloved custom black pin stripe guitar is at my place”

“That’s where it is”

“Yeah it’s at my place”

“Well awesome I know where it is now”

“Yeah. Stop leaving your guitars at my place”

“Oh you hush back there”

~~~~ 4:30 pm ~~~~

“Brian are you okay?”

“I kinda…have to go”

“Oh come on Brian we haven’t been back on the road for 3 hours.”

“Brian we aren’t stopping again for a couple hours. We have a time crunch here”

“I have to seriously go to the bathroom”

“You shouldn’t have drank all that soda in like an hour”

“Kaydence please”

“Well you heard Jimmy. We’re on a mission and we all agreed to stop as little as possible so that we could make good time”

“We stopped for you not that long ago!”

“She’s a girl she can’t go pee in the car!”

“Jimmy you are a genius!”

“I am?”

“I need an empty bottle quick!”

“Oh God no way in hell Syn!”

“Kaydence we aren’t stopping anytime soon! I really need to go!”

“No Syn just no! I don’t need to see you peeing!”

“Because you haven’t already seen it before!”

“OH I DON’T NEED TO KNOW THIS!!!!”

“Bottle! Sorry Kaydence!”

Kaydence covered her eyes while Brian managed to pee into a bottle while I was going about 80 miles per hour on some desolate highway.

When he was all done he put the bottle into the middle cup holder while he zipped up his pants.

Kaydence opened her eyes and started to gag.

“Oh God. GET RID OF IT!!!”

“Kaydence you’ve seen me pee before!”

“Not in a moving car!”

“Not a drop was spilled! I am awesome!”

“You are gross!”

“You two need to shut up!”

I received a look from both Brian and Kaydence but they stop fighting. Kaydence avoided looking at the bottle as much as she could. While Brian and I went on and on about how cool it was that he managed to pee in a bottle while in a moving car and NOT spill even a little droplet. We knew we were getting to Kaydence when she put in her ear buds and turned up her iPod really loud.

At around 6pm Brian took over driving after we did a stop to pee and grab some more grub. And after Kaydence made Brian throw out his bottle of disgusting as she started to call it. While Brian was driving Kaydence sat in the front passenger seat and I stretched out in the back and slept for a little bit. At around 9pm I woke up and looked to the front seats to see Brian and Kaydence holding hands. They were listening to a cd softly and talking quietly. But the fact that they weren’t arguing once and were just holding hands was a surprise to me.

You would rarely see Brian and Kaydence not having some sort or argument of sorts. It was just their nature. They butted heads a lot but it was the moments that they were alone or thought that they were alone that you saw them for who they really were.

In Love.

~~~~ 10 pm ~~~~

I was woken up by Brian slamming on the breaks and both Brian and Kaydence screaming at someone. I shot up and looked around. Brian was flipping off the car in front of us and Kaydence was screaming at that car too.

“What the hell just happened?”

“This fucking car just cut us off!!!!”

“Well that sucks”

“Yeah it does.”

“I think I should drive again I’m wide awake now.”

“Oh thank God, because I was starting to fall asleep and we all know how much we don’t want Kaydence driving”

“HEY!”

“Kaydence we all know how crazy of a driver you can be at times”

“Hey!”

“Kaydence let it go. Besides you’re going to crash soon”

“I am....mmmm tired”

“See”

“Shut up”

We pulled over to go to the bathroom again and I took over driving again with Brian in the front seat. Kaydence stretched out and soon fell asleep. Sometime around 1am Brian put his seat all the way back and within minutes he was fast asleep. Sometime during the night they were both asleep Brian turned sideways in his seat and his and Kaydence’s hand found each other. Until Kaydence woke up at 6am and took over driving their hands never left each other.

Kaydence drove the rest of the way to Dallas, Texas that morning. She was a surprisingly good driver. Brian slept most of the time and I was in and out of it. But one time I was awake I asked Kaydence if she had any gum and she said in her purse and while at first I didn’t want to go into her purse for who knew what I would find or what would attack me I looked through it. I found the gum but along the way I found a bridal magazine.

“Now I know”

“Know what?”

“Nothing Kaydence”

“Jimmy what?”

I sat back in my seat and popped the piece of gum in my mouth.

“Is Syn out?”

“Yeah why?”

“Why do you have a bridal magazine in your purse?”

I saw Kaydence’s face pale in the rearview mirror.

“Oh…”

“Yeah now I know why you freaked out when Brian went through your bag. You thought he might have found that”

“…Don’t tell Brian…please”

“Why you two are practically married anyway”

“I don’t want to rush him. He’s….he’s Synyster fucking gates.”

“Yeah and he’s also head over heels for you. He wouldn’t leave his guitar magazines at anyone’s place, even his parents. And he wouldn’t DARE leave his guitar just anywhere either. And that fact that he lets you keep personal important stuff at his place says a lot. My best friend loves you.”

“I know he does Jimmy”

“Then why hide the magazine”

“Because I don’t want him to think I want to get married”

“Do you?”

“I wouldn’t mind it. But I’m not gonna rush into anything. I just got it, because it was pretty and I like looking at wedding stuff. I’m a girl what more do you want?”

“Okay”

“Wake Brian up”

“Why?”

“Because we just passed into Dallas and he has the rest of the directions on his phone”

I reached forward and smacked Brian on the head. He jerked awake and looked around franticly.

“Phone Brian”

“Why?”

“We’re in Dallas now”

“We are”

“Yes sleepy bum now hand over your phone so we can go meet Jimmy’s son!”

“Kay..calm down”

“I am surprisingly calm”

“Good”

“Yes…yes it i…WELL FUCK YOU TOO ASSHOLE!!!!!”

“Maybe one of us should drive”

“Good idea Brian”

“You two are evil”

“We know”

We pulled over to go to the bathroom real quick and then continued on our way to the hospital where my son was.

At exactly 24 hours after we left Huntington Beach we arrived at the hospital in Dallas, Texas.

I stepped out of the car and looked up at it.

“I’m here”
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah it's long i know. but i just wanted to get to them getting to Dallas. Some insight on Brian and Kaydence here. any thoughts on what's going to happen there? hehe

much love to all my subscribers! only had one class today due to snow. Hope you all enjoy update. annndddddd that's all i got to say right now. loves you all! can i get 3 comment before updating again? please!

love you all! foREVer