Status: Updating soon. Comments are appreciated.

More Than Words

Coletta Grace Hetfield was brought into this world in one of the most uncommon ways possible.

Grace Brolin was at one of Metallica's shows in Italy one night. She had the lucky opportunity of meeting the band after the show.

James and her hit it off rather well as they made their way back to his bands empty tour bus. Their sex was unprotected on the count of Grace telling him that she wasn't ovulating.

Nine months later Grace gave birth to her beautiful daughter Coletta Grace Hetfield. She thought it was only right to give Coletta her father's last name. Her first name, however, came from Italy, where Coletta had been conceived.

Grace and Coletta lived on the outskirts of West Chester, Pennsylvania. Coletta grew up there. Making many life long friends, including one by the name of Brandon Margera, who they called Bam for short. Her high school years consisted of two boyfriends and many random people asking her if she was related to Metallica's lead singer and rhythm guitarist, James Hetfield. She obviously denied because her mother never told her about her father. She knew that she was somehow related to James Hetfield but she never worried about it.

After Coletta's mother was diagnosed with breast cancer she realized she had not much longer to live. She'd have to tell her seventeen year old daughter that her father was a famous guitarist.

A few days before the passing of Grace, Coletta was sneaking around her mother's things in the basement. She came across a box that was filled with all of her childhood toys and memories.

After digging around, she found her birth certificate. Curiosity took over her and her eyes scanned the birth certificate for the father's name. Her heart started pounding as she saw 'James Hetfield' above the words 'Father's Name.'

Coletta didn't want to truly believe that her father was the lead singer of one of her favorite bands.

Although many girls her age might have been upset at their mother's for keeping such a secret from her, Coletta understood. She knew that if her mother told James that they had conceived a child that might have ruined his career.

Grace had a feeling in her gut, a few days later, that she should tell James that they had a daughter. She told him of Coletta and how she didn't have much longer to live. James was shocked and scared to know he had a daughter who was almost a women. He was even more scared to tell his wife of almost ten years, Francesca and his three kids Cali, Castor and Marcella that he had another daughter.

James did agree to take Coletta in if Grace didn't make it through her final stages of chemo.

The night that she had called James was the night that she had passed away. Coletta stayed by her mother's side until her last breath was taken.

Coletta never really thought she would lose her mother. The doctors had promised her that she would survive but when the cancer took a turn for the worst, it took her mother's life.

Coletta is now twenty two, living in Long Beach, California. Her father had bought her a house when she graduated from University of Southern California as a Ultrasound Technician.

She had an amazing relationship with her father. They bonded easily. Coletta also got along great with her three half siblings Cali, Castor and Marcella. Even though they were so much younger then her. Francesca, her step mother, has treated her as one of her own children and it helped Coletta out after losing the most important person in her life.

The one thing about Coletta is that she had never been in love. Not once in her life. Of course, she loved her father and siblings and family. But she had never been in true love. When you feel those butterflies in your stomach and your hearts pounds every time you see them. That is, until she met a drummer. A drummer by the name of James Owen Sullivan.

Disclaimer:I do not own Avenged Sevenfold or Metallica. Although, I wish I owned both. I do own Coletta, her mother Grace and my plot. Also, I do not own any other famous people in this story. So don't have a shit fit over it.

[c]BrittsyVengenz