Status: Updating soon. Comments are appreciated.

More Than Words

Chapter One

Coletta hastily got up from her restless night of sleep. Nightmares filled her whole night, leaving her with horrible thoughts.

She scanned her closet for something comfortable to wear to work. She had finally decided on a pair of jeans and a lose fitting v neck. She didn't have an exact dress code because she was wearing a doctor's coat most of the time.

She brushed her teeth and comb through her hair, before applying a small amount of eyeliner to her eyes. After she was satisfied with how she looked, she grabbed her phone of the night stand and stuff it in her back pocket. She walked downstairs, glancing at everything she had. She was very lucky. A few years ago she expected to go to a community college and get her bachelors degree. She never once thought she would be an Ultrasound Technician, living in a two story house, on the beach. But look at her now, she was living her dream. Thanks to her dad.

She sipped her coffee as she looked over the newspaper. She never liked reading, but there was always something that caught her eye about all the death and destruction in the world.

She set down her coffee as she felt her phone start vibrating in her back pocket. She saw the caller i.d., and immediately smile. "Hey Megan." She said cheerfully as she answered her best friends call.

Megan Anderson was the girl that she met when she was finishing up high school in Los Angeles. Megan was the answer to all her problems. If Coletta was ever feeling down, Megan was the one to call.

Coletta was asked all the time if she was Megan's girl friend because of how much they hung out. Yes, Megan was a lesbian but Coletta and her believe that's why they are so close. She was basically a guy in a girl form. And Coletta had always been known to get along better with guys. But Megan was still a girl, so she understood everything she might be going through. Unlike a guy would.

"Hey Letta. What are you doing after work?" She asked in a kid voice.

"Probably go to my dads or just hang out in my boring house, all alone. With no one to talk to." Coletta dragged on her sentence in a playful manner.

"You're really not going to do anything on New Year's Eve?" Megan scoffed. "It's a new year, you need to go and get drunk. Have a one night stand. Come on."

Coletta held in her laugh at the last statement Megan had made. "My dad is going to some club in LA with his band mates. He said I could come but I don't want to go with all those old farts. Come with me?" She pleaded.

"Hmm, a club with rockstars? I don't know." She paused for a few moments, tapping her chin. "Yes! Of course I will!"

Coletta chuckled. "Alright, I'll pick you up at eight."

"Alright, love you!"

"Love you too!" Coletta told Megan just before she hung up her phone. She took a look at her clock, then grabbed her bag heading for the door.

The new year was just around the corner. What was in store for Coletta?
♠ ♠ ♠
Coletta
First chapter and really short |:
Just wanted to get it up before the night was over.
Tell me your thoughts!
Five comments for the second chapter(: