Status: Updating soon. Comments are appreciated.

More Than Words

Chapter Two

Coletta's day at work happened to go by fast. She didn't have many people coming in to get their sonograms done like they had scheduled. She thought the holiday must be the reason why.

Once she got home, Megan called. Asking immediately what she was going to wear. Coletta had no idea what she was going to wear. So Megan came over and helped her out.

"No, I like that black one. You know, that goes half way up your thigh." Megan told Coletta after trying on what she felt like was the hundredth dress.

"Ugh, you're so picky." Coletta complained. "Why can't I just go in a tee shirt and jeans?"

"Because. You may meet mister right, there." She pointed out, wiggling her eyebrows at Coletta.

Coletta rolled her eyes. "Yeah, because I really want to spend the rest of my life with a rock star." She walked back into her walk in closet and pulled the black dress off the hanger and showed it to Megan. "This one, Megs?" She asked.

"Yeah! Go put it on."

Coletta slipped off her current blue dress and pulled on the black one that Megan had picked out. She starred at herself in the mirror. Coletta never thought much of her looks. She had everything. Great curves, perfect hips, long legs. She could easily be a model but she loved eating.

She admired how she look in the black dress. It seemed to fit her perfectly. It clung to every bit of her skin, making all of her curves alive and noticeable. "Damn, if you weren't my best friend I think I'd be into you." Megan said from the bed. Coletta shook her head as a reply. "Do you know anybody that's going to be there?" She asked, straightening out her shirt.

"Well, dad's band. I think he said something about Papa Roach and Disturbed being there. I'm not sure on anybody else." Coletta spoke, finding some shoes that might go good with the dress.

"Awesome. It'd be my one and only dream if Avenged Sevenfold was there. I swear, those guys could make me go straight." Megan gushed, now fantasizing about them.

"They are hot but Jacoby Shaddix, come on. He's fucking hot."

"He's married." Megan pointed out. "And he's like forty and has kids!"

"Thanks for ruining my dreams!" Coletta shouted to her, earning a laugh. "I bet most of the Avenged Sevenfold guys are married."

"Ah ha. No. Zacky isn't. Neither is Johnny. And I'm pretty sure that the drummer has gone single over the past few months."

"So the hottest ones in the band are married?" Coletta looked at Megan and waited for her expression.

"Well, no, but, yeah. They are." She faked cried while Coletta zipped up a pair of boots that she found in her closet.

"Boots? Yes, no?" Coletta showed her and she put up two thumbs up, signaling that it was a good match.

The rest of the afternoon, Megan and Coletta got ready for the party.

Megan was simple. She went with a short red dress, paired with black heels. She put very little make up on, only applying eyeliner. She straightened her long blond hair, parting it down the side.

After Megan was ready she helped Coletta. Coletta had showered and she dressed in the black dress again. She blew dried her red hair, straightening it out after it was dry. She did her eyeshadow, making a smokey look before applying eyeliner and mascara. She went over all her make up, making sure it looked decent enough for anyone she ran into tonight. She didn't want to admit it to Megan but she was hoping to meet someone that she could have a good time with. She loved Megan, but she couldn't just have one person there for her.

Coletta placed her favorite rings on her fingers, taking her bracelets she wore constantly and also put them on. She placed her mothers cross necklace around her neck, touching gently. She missed her mother terrible. It's been four years but not a day went by that she didn't think of her beautiful smile. She was the one who raised her. Who taught her right from wrong. The one Coletta would come crying to when she had gotten hurt. Whether it was a boy or a scrap on the knee, her mother was there. Coletta has to deal with knowing that her mother won't be there when she gets married, or when she has her first baby. It hurt her to think that but she had to live with it. And she knew her mother was watching over her, keeping a close eye on her.

"Are you ready?" Megan asked at the doorway.

Coletta nodded and slipped on her boots, zipping both sides up. She grabbed her purse, placing her Blackberry in it and she headed downstairs with Megan.

That arrived at The Gig, which was a popular nightclub for new bands but tonight it was completely reserved. No one got in unless their name was on the list.

"Coletta Hetfield." Coletta told the bouncer. He smirked at her before unhooking the rope and letting Megan and her past. Coletta was used to people acting flirty around her. Once they hear her last name they instantly try to get close.

"Coletta!" Coletta turned around and saw her father and a few of his friends around him. Coletta and Megan made there way over. Coletta hugged her dad and stayed by his side as he spoke.

"Matt, this is the one that you saw four years ago." James explained to the young fellow that was standing next to him. He had his arm around a blond girl about the same age as him.

"Oh right. You sure do look different. You had brown hair last time I saw you." He pointed out, but smiled letting her know it was a good thing.

Coletta slightly remembered him. It was the summer after her mother died. She had just finished high school and decided to go on the road with her dad, see what the rockstar life was like.

"Yeah, you were bald last time I saw you." Coletta joked. Megan tapped her shoulder. "What?" She asked, piercing her lips together.

"That's M.Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold." She whispered into Coletta's ear.

"I know, Megan." She said, pulling Megan up in front of her. "Matt, this is Megan. She's a huge fan." Coletta said to Matt. Megan looked at her with daggers.

"Nice to meet you, Megan." He said, shaking her hand.

"You too." She smiled.

"All the guys are here." Coletta's father spoke. Megan practically melted right then and there.

"Letta!" Coletta immediately turned around with a smile on her face.

"Bam! What are you doing here?" She exclaimed while engulfing him in a hug.

"Filming. Jackass three-point-five should be out soon." He explained.

"Awesome. Where's Missy?"

"She's at the bar." He told her. She hugged him again.

"I'm so happy you're here." She said. She introduced Megan and Bam to each other.

It was ten minutes till the new year. Coletta sat at the bar, chatting with David from Disturbed as he talked about last summers tour with Avenged Sevenfold and Stone Sour.

Megan was chatting with some people across the room, keeping her eye out for any of the other members of Avenged Sevenfold.

"Coletta Grace Hetfield." Megan called as she sat down next to her. David had gone off to find his wife so they could share a new years kiss. "Why didn't you tell me that you were friends with all of these people?"

"I'm not really friends with all of them. My dad is." She pointed out, sipping her beer slowly.

Coletta smiled at her as Megan glared. Coletta's attention was drawn to a man in the corner of the room. He was tall, skinny, tattoo filled. He was Coletta's type but she soon snapped out of it noticing it was someone who last saw her with acne and a stupid sense of style.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom before the new year. My last two thousand and ten pee." She chuckled slightly as she spoke. Megan laughed at her and told her to go handle her business.

Coletta came out of the bathroom, pulling her short dress down a bit and staring down at her shoes. She loved those boots so much. She fell back a bit as she ran into to someone. "I am so sorry." She looked up at the man. Shit, she thought.

He had a smile on his face. "No, my fault. I wasn't watching where I was going." He told her, still having that smile on his face."I'm Jimmy Sullivan, by the way." He said, holding out his hand.

She took it gently and shook it. "Coletta Hetfield." She told him, a small smile on her face.

"Oh yeah. You were on the tour a few years back, with your dad, right?" He asked, slightly confused.

She nodded slightly. "Your the drummer from Avenged Sevenfold, right?"

"Correct." He answered proudly. She couldn't help but smile around him. He just made her want to smile. She looked up into his eyes and saw how crystal blue they were. She instantly got lost in them. "Want to go get a drink?" He suddenly asked, making her fall from her current gaze.

"Yeah." She said simply and they made it over to the bar, ordering a two Heineken's.

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one! Happy New Year!" Everyone yelled. Coletta and Jimmy clinked beers and took a swig. She stared up at him with a smile and he suddenly leaned down, touching his lips with hers gently. Coletta didn't mind at all. She kissed him back, blushing slightly as he pulled away.

"Happy New Year, Coletta." Jimmy said with a smirk on his face. He walked away, looking back at her as he did so. Coletta bite down on her lip, stopping her current smirk from growing anymore, knowing she really enjoyed that kiss.

"Oh my, God. You just totally kissed The Rev." Megan exclaimed with a huge smile on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Coletta
Megan
Keep subscribing!<33