Status: Updating soon. Comments are appreciated.

More Than Words

Chapter Four

Coletta just finished putting the finishing touches on her ensemble for the night. She didn't tell Jimmy that she would come but she was going to go. There was no way that she was going to pass up on the opportunity of going out with someone like Jimmy.

Sure, she didn't know him well but the few months that he brushed her shoulder was enough to tell her that he was somehow worth her time.

The only pitfall, she had never been in love. She didn't know what it felt like, but she had feelings for Jimmy. Ever since he kissed her on New Years.

"Hey whore," Megan mumbled, walking into Coletta's room, laying on her bed.

"Bitch." Coletta said back with a smirk.

"Ha ha. Why are you getting all dolled up?" Megan asked, texting someone on her phone.

"Uh, I have a date."

"What?! What the fuck, why didn't you tell me?" Megan said, sitting straight up on the bed.

"It's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal? You haven't had a date in like a year. Everyone who asks you out you turn down." Megan sighed heavily. "Who asked you out anyways?"

"A guy." Coletta trailed off, walking into the bathroom.

"What guy?" Megan asked, walking in the bathroom behind her.

Megan looked at her in the eyes and Coletta tried looking everywhere but. "Okay, I have a date with Jimmy."

"Jimmy Sullivan? The drummer for Avenged Sevenfold?"

Coletta took in a deep breath and nodded.

"You lucky bastard. He's hot."

"I know." Coletta smirked.

Image

Jimmy had pulled up at the restaurant a few minutes before seven. He stood outside the door to wait for Coletta. "Getting stood up too, huh?" The man beside him asked. He looked to be the same age as him.

Jimmy looked at him strangely. He let out a soft chuckle and shook his head. "No, I'm just waiting for my date."

"I see. Who's your date?" The guy asked. Jimmy stared at him and blinked a few times. Why the hell does he want to know who my date is?, Jimmy thought to himself.

"Coletta Hetfield." Jimmy said, hesitantly.

"James Hetfield's daughter huh? She's a hot one." The guy said, smirking to himself.

"Yeah," Jimmy said, ignoring the guy completely.

Jimmy's heartbeat picked up when he saw the familiar purple Challenger pull up to the restaurant. Jimmy started smiling when he saw Coletta exit the vehicle, handing her keys to the valet driver. "Aren't you a sight for sore eyes." Jimmy told her with a small smirk laid upon his lips.

"You too." She said smiling, looking up and down his body at the suit he had on. Coletta was never for guys in suits but Jimmy looked absolutely divine in one.

Jimmy smiled back at her, lifting his elbow out to the side. "Shall we?" He asked.

"We shall." She said, wrapping her arm around his.

They continued to walk to the check in. "James, it's lovely to see you again." The waitress said with a small smile.

"You too." He said returning the smile.

"Is it just the two of you?" She asked, taking out a couple of menus from the rack. He nodded and she proceeded to walk them to a table in the back. "I'll be back in a couple minutes to take your order." She said smiling, handing them their menus.

Coletta looked around the restaurant in amazement. She heard of the place but she had never been here, because of the prices.

The waitress had come back and taken their orders like she said she would. Coletta stuck with the Caesar salad because of how expensive everything else had been. Jimmy, on the other hand, ordered Colorado lamb which was one of the most expensive dishes on the menu.

"You know I don't mind you ordering something else." Jimmy said, and Coletta said she was fine with what she got. She knew it was going to be the best salad she had ever had.

"So, Jimmy, what made you want to ask me out?" She asked, placing her head in her hands.

Jimmy smiled at her. "Just going with my gut instinct." He replied.

"Gut instinct?"

"Something told me not to let you pass me by without getting to know you." He said, taking a sip of his beer.

Coletta just smiled in return. What she wanted to do was squeal like a little girl but she wanted to act as if she was playing hard to get. But Jimmy already had her, he may not have known it but he did.

The ate their dinner, continuing to make small talk with each other. "I hate to bother you, but you're The Rev, right?" A girl asked, with what they assumed was her boyfriend beside her.

Jimmy looked at Coletta, somehow asking permission to talk to the couple. Coletta chuckled and nodded her head lightly. Jimmy looked up from Coletta's face and smiled. "Sure am."

"Can I get your autograph?" She asked with a wide smile on her face. Jimmy nodded and signed her napkin and gave it back to her. Jimmy gladly took a picture with the couple, also.

"Hey, you're Coletta Hetfield." The girls boyfriend said, smiling at her.

"Yeah." Coletta nodded with a smile.

"We love your dads music." The guy said, wrapping his arm around the girls waist.

"Thank you. I'll pass that along to him." Coletta said.

"It was great meeting the both of you." The girl said. They said their goodbyes to the couple and then left.

"Sorry. I really didn't think I'd get noticed." Jimmy admitted to Coletta.

"It's alright. I understand. I lived with my dad for four years. I know what it's like." Coletta said.

Image

Jimmy and Coletta walked the beach for a little while after their dinner. "I had a nice time tonight." Coletta told Jimmy with a smile.

"Me too. We'll have to do it again sometime." He suggested.

"Maybe." She said, smirking up towards him. Jimmy took the chance of her looking up at him and locked his lips with hers. What was a regular kiss, turned into a more passionate kiss. Jimmy's arms slicked around her waist, securing them tightly. While Coletta's arms wrapped around his neck. Coletta may have been tall and in heels, but she still had to stand on her tip toes to keep the kiss going with Jimmy's six foot three frame.

Their lips continued to move in synchronization, until someone shined their flashlight on them. "Beach is closed." The man said to the two of them.

Coletta chuckled a bit, looking down at her shoes to hide her blush that was creeping up her face. Jimmy nodded towards the guy and escorted Coletta off the beach.

Coletta looked at her car then back at Jimmy. "I'll see you later, Jimmy." She said, opening her door.

"Maybe tomorrow?" Jimmy asked with a smirk.

Coletta smiled, "Maybe." She said, handing him her phone number.

Jimmy smirked down at the piece of paper. "I'm taking that as a yes." He said before she got in her car and closed her door. She smiled and started up her car, pulling out of the beach's parking lot. I've got her hooked, Jimmy thought to himself with a smile. And little did he know, she had him hooked too.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS ARE WELCOME(: