Sequel: Second Go

Turning Back

Chapter One of One.

I stand here in this white dress waiting for the music to start, cuing me to begin to walk toward my husband to be, Michael Money. My father stood beside me, ready to give me away. All the brides maids and best men have already walked ahead. Thoughts are racing my head asking me if I'm ready to do this. Flashbacks are coming to my mind of the past, of me and his brother.

I screamed as he chased me through Wal-Mart. I ran towards the customer service area and quickly made my way into the girls bathroom. He was chasing me with silly strings from the kids toy section, I wondered what color it was and sprayed him with it.
He followed me into the biggest stall that's made for people that are in wheel chairs and etc.

"You seriously think I care that I'm in a girls restroom?" He asked.
"M-Monte! Look, I didn't mean to! I-it was a mistake! I thought the thing was pointed elsewhere!" I told him.
"Monte?" he raised an eye-brow, "You are serious."
I usually call him by his middle name, Bryan.
"See! I-I told you!" I was scared half to death. That stuff stinks and I worked really hard on my hair, back then I was known as a 'scene kid'. My hair was BIG.
"Well, if you say so." He had a half-smile.
I loosened up and relaxed, "Thank G-"
I was cut off by silly string getting shot into my face.


The music began cutting me out of thought. The door slowly open, and I looked ahead and saw everyone turn their heads towards my father and I. The flower girl, Leila my best friend Craig's daughter began to walk ahead doing what she practiced a month to do. She twirled around in the white and red dress she picked out for herself. I took the first step and felt light headed. I looked up to my father and he looked down at me smiling. I looked back ahead making sure not to fall.

I looked into Michael's eye's. He smiled and I smiled back. I looked behind him to see his best man, Bryan. He was nowhere to be found. I felt everything in my stomach drop.
"Where's Bryan?" I whispered to my dad.
"He said he couldn't do it." He whispered back.
I sighed.

I swung my hands around and took the can from him and stuck it in his face and began to spray him with the silly string. I laughed as he fell back on his butt and began to squirm around. I literally jumped on top on him so I was now sitting in his lap facing him.

By now I was standing right by Michael and my father had already given me away. The minister began to speak.

"Dear family and friends, on behalf of Emily Rogers and Michael Money I welcome all of you for this marriage celebration. We are here today to encourage, celebrate and support the covenant these two people Emily and Michael, beloved to us, now make and to share in the joy that Emily and Michael are feeling as they pledge their love and commitment to each other. We rejoice and celebrate in the ways life has led them to each other and got them to the place where they now stand." The minister smiled.

I continued to spray Bryan in the face. He was covered with the blue gooey silly string. He squirmed under me as I pulled on the opening of his shirt. Spraying the last bit on the silly string inside of it. I dropped the can and crossed my arms over my chest and pouted. Bryan looked into my eyes differently than anyway he has before.
"Emily, I love you" He told me.


Michael looked into my eyes the same way Bryan did three years ago in the Wal-Mart bathroom.

I looked into Bryan's eyes searching for words to say.

"Do you, Michael Money, take Emily Rogers as you wife?" The minister asked.
Michael smiled, "I do."
The minister smiled back.


"I love you too." I told Bryan.
"I mean... More than a-a fr-friend." He choked on his words and looked down.


"Do you, Emily Rogers, take Michael Money as your husband?" The minister asked me.
The room began to spin as I started to have second thoughts, "I-I I'm s-sorry. I c-can't" I said as tears began to fall and I turned around and began to walk out of the church. Everyone gasped while I was taking my red and white heals off along the way and I began to run.

I opened the door and the sun hit my face; and I began to blink whipping my tears away. I sat on the steps and started to sob.

"One day, you'll be mine. I promise." Bryan told me. Him being 19 and I being 17 didn't help at all it would be illegal for us to be in a relationship, "You won't be seventeen forever."

I wipe more tears away watching cars go by. I take off the engagement ring Michael proposed to me with on my twentieth birthday four months ago. I set it down beside me while I start to take my veil off.

*Monte's P.O.V*
I walk around the church one more time waiting to watch the happy married couple to come out. I could not go in and watch the girl I love marry my brother. I walk towards the front of the church playing with my red tie the matched the theme of the wedding I heard someone crying. It sounded like Emily, but I'm not sure. I turned my head to look and I see the most beautiful girl sitting on the porch of the church crying her eyes out taking her veil off. I run up to her and kneel down in front of her.
"Emily, what's wrong?" I asked taking her face into my hands making sure she'll look at me.
"I-I " She began to hic-cup.
I looked at her and said, "Baby, breath please."
She in hailed deeply, "I got up there, and the church guy was all "Do you, Emily Rogers take Michael Money as your husband?" and I said I couldn't. I am such a fuck up! I always make the worst decisions!"
"So you do want to marry Michael?' I asked confused letting go of her face.
"No!" She cried more, "That was my worst decision! Going out with him because he was there when I was eight teen and you were on tour! I went out with him for no reason. And I thought some kind of spark would eventually appear and nothing did." She put her head into her hands.

*Emily's P.O.V again.*
I put my face into my hands trying to control my breathing. Bryan put his index finger under my chin forcing me to lift my head. I looked into my eyes and say the same eyes I saw ten minutes ago when Michael said "I do". He wiped a stray tear away from my cheek and leaned forward to kiss me, I met him half way. The kiss was soft and short; but long enough for me to feel angle like.
"I told him I couldn't because I've loved you all along." I admitted out loud.
"I've always loved you." He stated, kissing my lips lightly one more time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count - 1263
I don't know if that's right... I used www.wordcounttool.com
xD

The first thing the minister says is from;
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/wedding-ceremony-script.html
The rest seems like gibberish to me. Way too long. I've never been to a wedding, I think it should've went that way.

Emily's and Leila's dresses and stuff::
http://www.polyvore.com/emily_wedding/set?id=26526116

Mmm. Monte would look so fuckin' hot in a tux with a red tie.{: ♥♥