Status: Active!

The Little Things Give You Away

Nate's POV - Chapter 23

At lunch me and the gang were chilling in our usual hanging place on the field. No one bothers us there and that’s one of the reasons why we like it. It’s not as if there’s any sun or anything for us to be soaking up there, it’s just good territory. A field looks a lot more impressive than the fences that you see some people leaning against and climbing up in attempt to show off. Those guys try too hard.

“Right,” I sighed to the guys. “Just run this through one more time.”

“You call him, he turns up, you play around a bit, then you kick his faggot ass out of there,” Brad told me, making the rest of the group laugh. “And you need to prove you did it,” he added.

“Yeah,” Joey snorted. “Come in with like a massive hickey from him or something.”

“Genius!” Brad laughed before the pair high fived.

“Wonder what the guy’ll look like,” I heard someone say.

Oh come on. Why would you care about what he looked like?

“Watch it,” I laughed. “Starting to sound a little gay there.”

“Yeah...but, I haven’t met a male hooker before, have I? How’d I know what one looks like?”

“Why’d you want to?” Brad spat.

“Probably dresses like girls.”

“Tranny alert!” a few of the guys said at once before laughing at themselves.

To me, all of this wasn't funny. It was just a dare that I wanted to get over with.

“I’ll do it, but I ain’t gonna like it,” I told them, completely sure of myself. I don’t want some guy touching me but in that situation, what could I do to stop him? Yes, I’d probably be able to beat the guy up, but I'm pretty sure it’d somehow get back to me and I don’t want to get in trouble for this. In fact, I’d prefer it if it’s only the people around me right now that ever find out (even that’s pushing it a bit).

“If he tries anything I’ll kill him,” I threatened.

“Yeah... ‘cause murder will solve it all,” Matt said bitterly, rolling his eyes.

It was strange that he was being so quiet but I decided to just leave him to it. Things got really awkward Friday night and I don’t want to mess with him at the moment. He seriously freaked at Brad, and then later on when he found Riley drunk... God. I'm surprised he didn't punch one of us.

“But he’s a hooker, right?” Brad blurted out after a pause. It was like he’d been thinking it for a bit but not voiced it yet.

“Obviously,” I snapped. “Most male hookers are hookers.” Some people really are thick.

“No dumbass. I mean he’s a hooker, he gets paid to try it on with you.”

I scowled him with a death glare at that.

“Shut up,” I muttered.

“It brings up a good point though; are you actually going to pay him?”

For a second I thought about it. There’s no chance I'm paying him for actually doing something, because that’s not happening, but I would be wasting his time... You know what? Oh well. I don’t care about some gay whore. He’s not getting one penny from me.

“He’ll be lucky to get anything.”

“Feisty,” Jacey winked.

I didn't even know she was there.

“Damn right babes,” I said jokingly.

We all mess with her. Sometimes we lead her on, knowing she’s willing to give us whatever we need (if you know what I mean). She’s just so easy . I genuinely think that there’s not one guy in this group who hasn’t done anything with her. Matt had her first and then she was just passed around the group and decided to stick with us.

“Don't you have a girlfriend?” Matt hissed quietly.

I just about managed to hear him.

What’s his problem? He knows I was messing. I love Torrie. Jacey’s just the toy we use if we want something that the girls we’re actually into aren’t ready to offer up.

Matt’s sat on the floor with the rest of us, but he’s not joining in that much. All he’s really contributed are snide remarks at me. I’ve said sorry though, it’s now my fault if he’s too uptight to accept it.

He’s not even looking at us. He’s either staring down at the floor, picking at the grass or just looking over at the school building. It’s as if he doesn’t find us interesting anymore.

“How’s your boyfriend?” Jacey asked him with a devious smirk on her face.

All of the other conversations that were going on between everyone else stopped when she said that and I could feel the awkwardness surround the group.

Matt tensed when she said that but he kept his gaze on the grass. I couldn’t help noticing how he was ripping it from the ground with a lot more force than a few seconds ago.

He isn't gay. I know that. I also know that that Riley has to be. This is just our way of showing Matt he needs to stop spending time with him. We call him gay as a joke, but if other people starting thinking Matt were gay, he’d have it a lot worse than he does now. I guess this is our way of giving him a bit of a warning.

“Why are you ignoring my question?” Jacey pressured him.

He looked up at her and glared.

“He’s not gay,” he said firmly, locking eyes with Jace.

I can tell this is really pissing him off now. Maybe we should just drop it.

“Are you though?” she smirked and wiggled her eye brows a little.

“He’s not gay Jace,” I interrupted, shaking my head and trying to work out why she even needed to ask that.

“Yeah, Matt likes boobs too much,” Brad added, successfully lifting some of the tension but Matt still looked really uncomfortable. We’re his friends though. He shouldn’t feel like that when he’s around us. I know that.

“Matt’s as straight as my toothbrush,” Joey chucked. I gave him an odd look then. Who compares sexuality to toothbrushes? “I bent it last night,” he said before erupting into laughter.

There were a few ‘Oh’s’ and sniggers when he said that.

I glared at him to hard when he said that. Believe it or not Matt’s my best friend and they’re pushing it too far now.

“I'm leaving,” Matt whispered to no one in particular before grabbing his bag and storming off back towards school.

I watched after him before turning back to the group.

“See what you did?” I snapped. “Don't you know when you’re crossing the line?!”

“Just joking,” Joey smiled innocently.

“Really? Oh well it was hilarious then,” I said sarcastically before drifting into my own thoughts for a while.

Matt can’t be gay. He’s just not the type. I'm his best friend, I think iwould’ve noticed by now if he was. Then again, he is taking all of this stuff really personally. If the gang started calling me gay, I just punch them and make them take it back. Matt’s not doing that though. He’s taking it all to heart.

I'm hoping that since this dare was his idea, when I get it done everything will go back to normal and me and him will be back to how we always were. Today, if it wasn't for everyone else, could’ve been a really good day for us. It’s like the good old days before Riley started at the school. Everything was better before he started interfering with our friendship.

***

Instead of making the call from my house, I went over to our other one, after totally asking for permission to borrow the keys and all that. (Yeah right.) I knew no one was renting it at the moment, luckily, so I wasn't bothered when I went inside and plopped myself down on the sofa.

I took a few deep breaths and tried to calm my nerves. Yes, I'm nervous. It’s not like I’ve done anything like this before.

Here goes nothing...

I took my mobile out of my pocket and dialed the number that I found earlier.

“Hellooo,” a rather drunk sounding woman slurred.

...not what I was expecting.

“Uh, hi,” I said awkwardly.

The conversation got a little bit easier after the initial greeting. I told her what I wanted; a male hooker basically. Then I gave her the address and everything and she told me he’d be over later. It was all just as simple as that. Too easy if you ask me.

Once I’d made the call I went and freshened up a little. It wasn't that I wanted to look super amazing for him or anything, but I needed to make sure he knew I was better than him. I needed to seem better than him in every way.

When I heard the doorbell my heart rate quickened. I had no idea what to expect.

Breathe.

With that being my last thought, I opened the front door, freezing at the sight of the person in front of me.

“W-what?” I stuttered out of shock.

I knew it! I knew he was gay! Oh my God.

He didn't say anything. As soon as he saw my there he just glared down at the floor. Riley’s a prostitute. He sells himself for sex! If people found out about this there’s no chance he’d hang around with us anymore. In fact, Matt probably wouldn't want to associate with some gay hooker either.

“Riley,” I suddenly smirked, knowing that I now know his biggest secret. I so have this over him. He’s mine now. “You coming in then?”

He slowly looked up at me, trying to keep his calm I was guessing. It took him a while to properly answer me, but he eventually nodded and stepped into the house.

“I had no idea you were some whore,” I told him when we sat down on one of the couches in the living room.

This is too perfect to be true. I can’t believe it!

“I'm not,” he said quietly.

He knows he’s been caught. He’s usually not that talkative but he’s ridiculously quiet now.

“It makes sense now,” I laughed. “You weren’t in school today because you were ‘working’,” I chuckled.

It’s not fair when you think about it. I had to go school, but he was allowed to stay off so he could have sex. I’d choose sex over school any day. Me and Torrie... That would be nice.

“I wasn't off ‘cause of that,” he hissed. “It’s not your business what I do anyway.”

“The customer’s always right, remember?” I smiled. “And this customer thinks you’re a whore who skives off to get a little man love with random strangers.”

“You know nothing,” he snapped before standing up and heading towards the door.

“Did I say you could leave?” I shouted, rushing after him and grabbing his arm before he could do anything. I shoved his body against the wall and then spat right in his face, making sure he knew what I thought of people like him. “You’re disgusting,”

“What’s that make you?” he sniffed. “You wanted some man to come over and-”

“It was a dare,” I told him smugly. “I have no interest with faggots.”

“Great vocab,” he mumbled, rolling his eyes.

If he’s trying to mock me I’ll have no choice but to blow his secret. Oh dear. We wouldn't want that.

“I'm making sure the whole school knows about you,” I warned him. He might as well know his fate. “I’m going to out you to them about being gay, then I’ll let everyone know that you’re some cheap prozza.”

“I'm not gay,” I just about heard him whispered.

That made me laugh. Of course he’s gay! And I'm certain that this isn't a misunderstanding now. If it was he would’ve made sure I didn't think he was a hooker. Riley’s not denying that though.

“As if,” I chuckled. “Oh and do you know who I'm telling first?” I asked, watching his face closely. I was still holding him against the wall so it wasn't that hard to see his reactions. His face was right in front of me and I could actually feel his heart racing. He’s scared of me. “I’m telling Matt.” I smirked as he bit down on his lip and turned to look away from me.

“D-don’t,” he sniffed.

I bet he’s going to cry again. That’s another thing that proves he’s gay. Riley’s weak.

“You fancy Matt,” I teased him. “I can tell. He won’t go near you again when he finds out about all this. You already know that though, don’t you?”

“You can’t tell anymore,” he whispered shakily. The guy was even shaking! “Look...I’ll do anything.”

I let go of him when he said that. Anything?

“Maybe...Maybe we could make a deal,” I offered kindly.

“Yeah,” he smiled. “Whatever.”

“Great. I’ll keep my mouth shut, and you’ll stay away from Matt.” His face fell he heard the arrangements for our little agreement. “Deal?”

He seemed hesitant, but I knew he’d agree in the end. He’d be an idiot not to.

“D-deal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh sorry for the wait
My fast updates came to an end when i decided being lazy was more fun haha

It was kinda predictable what was going to happen in this, but i sort of needed it so yeah.

HOLY POOP!
I just scared myself so much! Seriously! OMG! ...I need to calm down lol
I jumped out of my skin.

Okay. I'm sort of over it now...
Basically, i blinked without realizing i was blinking and everything went black. Scared me so much haha

Thanks to my lovely commenters :P
hehe i called you guys lovely,.
watson. Laura's awesome! :) I've already told you how she came about kinda... Wonder if you remember. AND OMG! 8days 21hours 32mins 33secs until i'll possibly be seeing the blackout! :D AWESOMES!!!!!!!!! XD
Kade Holloway. Yey! Another person likes Laura. I was worried that some people might find it annoying for some reason. And i've sorta forgot why i wanted Riley off school. Oops/. I was probably meant to have a scene at the school that needed Ry not to be there... Too late now
call me by your name YOU HAVE SO MANY OF THEM! Love the one bellow. I had it so they had no heads a second ago...It was weird. I WANT STONEWALL! I'm not going to be annoying and pester them about it though haha. I STILL HAVEN'T READ LIKE GRAVITY! must do soon!
(●̮̮̃•̃) (●̮̮̃•̃)
/█\♥/█\
x.MrsAlexGaskarth.x haha Katie, do you wanna come along and slap 'em all? mwhahaha And yey you caught up! :D

POTATOES ARE RELEVANT ;) (the winky face means i'm lying)