Status: Active!

The Little Things Give You Away

Matt’s POV - Chapter 27

I burst through the doors to the canteen with Riley nervously tagging along behind me. I was in the zone. I knew exactly what I was doing. I was so determined that I completely tuned out all the sounds of protest from Riley. I'm fixing this; I'm fixing everything.

I stormed straight up to my usual table and stood right in front of Nate. He’s obviously the biggest problem in here. He picked a fight with Riley before he even knew him.

“What’s your problem?” I shouted at him, drawing attention from around the room.

Everyone at the table looked at me, shocked at how I was finally speaking out about all this. I usually let them say what they like because I'm the only one that can hear, but if it’s bothering Riley as well as me, I have to do something to put a stop to it. I'm not letting them get to Ry as well. It’s not fair.

“No one has a problem here, mate,” Joey spat before glaring at Riley.

“Don't look at him like that,” I shouted at him.

I was about to lash out but Nate grabbed hold of my arm, stopping me.

“You’re making a scene,” Nate told me quietly. “What’s wrong?”

I pulled my arm away from him and frowned. I was furious. Are they seriously going to play dumb about all of this? They all know they’ve been giving Ry a hard time. They all know that I know as well. There’s no point pretending that nothing happened because everyone already knows.

“There’s nothing wrong with me!” I shouted. “Seriously?! This all you.”

“We have no idea what you’re on about Matt,” Nate said, brushing me off as if it was nothing.

If he’s trying to defuse all of this then he’s going about it the wrong way. Nate doesn't want a scene but he’s sure as hell going to get one.

“What’s your problem with Riley?” I hissed at them.

The question was addressed to the whole table, but the main person I was glaring at was Nate. He’s my best friend. Nate should understand. He should care about me.

“Matt,” Nate sighed, ignoring Ry’s presence behind me. I didn't turn to check on him because I already knew he’d be bright red due to the increasing attention we were getting from around the room. “Riley’s gay,” he said firmly. “You know we don’t like faggots around here.”

I backed away when he said that. I couldn’t believe those words came out of my best friend’s mouth. I knew he didn't like the other guys around school that were gay, but I told him how awesome Ry was. He’s different.

I'm different...

“You’re so ignorant,” I snapped at him. “What’s wrong with being gay exactly?” I shouted at him, applying as much pressure as possible.

“It’s disgusting,” Brad said, helping Nate out. “Men should be with girls. Simple as.”

I shook my head at him.

“Gay guys are weak little pussy’s, Matt,” Nate told me harshly. “I don’t like weaklings or seeing guys act like little girls. It’s wrong.”

“So all gay guys are weak and girly now?” I hissed at him. “That’s a dumb stereotype, Nate. You know nothing!”

“Well, Ry’s weak so...he’s kinda right,” Brad mumbled. I only just caught it.

“I'm not weak though,” I said quietly. “I'm not girly.”

I felt Riley grab my arm and try to pull me back.

“Don't,” I heard him say out of desperation.

“Sorry,” I said as I turned and faced him for a few seconds.

I took his hand and held onto it proudly before glaring at Nate.

“I'm gay too,” I said quietly, knowing only the guys on our table could hear.

“Shut up now Matt,” Nate hissed as he forced my hand out of Riley’s. “You’re dead if anyone actually believes this crap. Just sit down and stop acting so...so.”

“So what? So gay?” I laughed. To annoy Nate further I stood up on the table. All attention was on me now, I could feel it. “Screw you, Nate,” I hissed. “I'm gay and I'm proud of it. If anyone, anyone has a problem with it, feel free to come to me and get your ass kicked. Happy?” I smirked, looking back at Nate.

He dropped his head into his hands, looking embarrassed for me. I was too high on adrenaline to care about what I’d just said though.

“You’re an idiot Matt,” he mumbled before I walked off, taking Riley’s hand in mine once more as we walked out of the room.

I could hear the whispers and gasps as well as the odd insults being shouted at us while we left. I didn't care though. I can be with Ry as much as I like without questions being asked now. Everything’s perfect.

“You’re so stupid Matt,” Ry sighed as he tucked himself in closer to my side.

I rested my head against his, stopping him in the middle of the corridor and just holding him in my embrace.

“Maybe you need to educate me then,” I suggested, planting a kiss to his forehead.

“Everyone’s going to talk about us, you know,” he told me.

I rolled my eyes.

“Stop being so negative. Maybe they’ll do some gay pride thing and celebrate us coming out.”

“No chance,” he mumbled.

I frowned at him.

“We’ll be fine, Ry. I promise.”

He shook his head but he decided now would be the perfect moment to kiss me, even if we were disagreeing over what I just did.

I smiled softly into it as our lips melted together. This will never get old.

“Fags,” I heard someone cough as they walked past us.

We separated for a few seconds to look at the idiot who’d caught us.

Nate.

“Thanks for supporting me,” I mumbled before turning back to Riley’s lips.

As soon as they connected, Nate pulled me away from him and punched me right in the face. I staggered back a little, not expecting that blow at all.

“I told you this would happen,” he snapped at me. “I told you he’d take you down with him.”

I shook my head at him.

“I don’t care. Ry’s a better friend then you could ever be,” I told him, looking him right in the eyes.

Nate shifted his gaze away from me and faced Riley, who looked absolutely terrified.

“You’re a dead man,” he hissed before mouthing the word ‘whore’ to him.

No one calls Riley that.

I grabbed Nate and returned the punch he gave me before.

Nate glared at me but he didn't hit me back.

“You've started hitting like a girl,” he smirked before walking back into the hall.

I glared in the direction he walked off in. I hate him so much now. We were best friends and now... God it’s weird how things change.

I was snapped out of my murderous thinking when Riley hands wrapped around my waist. I looked down at him and smiled.

“We’re gonna be fine,” he promised me then lightly pecked my lips.

“I know,” I whispered.

“I think we should get out of here though,” he told me. “The whole school wants us dead. If we leave, it’ll be for our own safety.”

“They won’t hurt you Ry,” I told him, “not if I'm here.”

He nodded.

“I don’t want you getting in trouble though.”

His logic didn't make complete sense. If I did end up in fight, I’d get in trouble, but if I skip the rest of the day I’ll probably be in trouble for that too. Oh well. It would be nice to have some alone time away from this place.

“Let’s go,” I smirked.

***

We wound up going to a park. I wasn't too sure what park it was, but it was on Riley estate so I assumed it was rather rough. I didn't tell him that I’d rather go to the clean, more well looked after parks closer to my house because I didn't want to upset him, plus there’s a chance that Caron would be at home so I can’t go there in case she caught me skiving.

“I like it when it’s just me and you,” he told me shyly.

“Same.” I smirked.

I couldn’t be the same with Ry when I was with my friends and before he moved here we’d usually spend our time alone together anyway. It’s surprising that nothing happened between us back then really. Ry and I were so close. You’d think something would’ve happened sooner. In a way I wish it would’ve.

“Can we go on the swings?” he asked me as we approached the run down park.

There was glass all over the place and everything was covered in graffiti. The worst part had to be the smell though. When I looked at Riley he didn't seem bothered about the battered surroundings though. Overall, I don’t care about where we are either. It’s who you’re with that matters, and I love being with Riley.

“To the swings!” I smirked as I raced him over to them.

I was hesitant to get on them, but they seemed strong enough to hold me. They were metal so I knew they should hold me, but it’s hard to tell whether or not they’ve been messed with sometimes. I think I'm being slightly paranoid.

Ry sat on the swing next to me and we gently swung back and two, our hands connected in the middle as we swung. It was really nice doing this. I have no idea if we did do it as kids, but I can imagine a younger me and him doing something like this as well.

“What you thinking about?” he asked me after a while.

I looked over at him and shrugged. What am I thinking about?

“I'm thinking about you,” I told him with a cheesy smirk.

He blushed when I said that. Adorable.

“What are you thinking about?” I asked him.

“Food,” he mumbled before laughing.

“Nice to know food comes before me,” I teased.

“I can eat food, I can’t eat...” He stopped himself and blushed when he realized what he was saying.

“You can eat me if you really want to.” I laughed.

He smirked at me before shaking his head.

“I'm good, thanks.”

“Aww,” I sighed, winking at him.

We carried on swinging for a bit until I decided it would be a good idea to jump off. It wasn't. I landed on my feet, but straight after that I dropped down onto the glass covered fall. I didn't get any in me, but it still hurt. Everyone keeps saying I'm stupid... I think they’re right.

“Think you can catch me?” Riley asked once I was on my feet again. I laughed when I realized he didn't ask if I was alright or anything. I suppose he knows I'm build like steel.

“Look at me.” I smirked as I took my school blazer off and put it down on the dirty floor, flexing my muscles for him.

He laughed at me.

“Ready?” he asked, taking a few big swings. “Three... Two... One!”

I put my arms up and grabbed hold of his body as it flung off the swing. He didn't really fall at a high enough angle for me to catch him properly, but I had my arms around him and he wasn't hurt so it was a win all round really.

“Am I your savior?” I asked him stupidly.

“In your dreams maybe,” he teased before jumping up and wrapping his legs around me. I blushed as he did this.

“This is definitely like my dreams.” I smirked. “We’re usually both naked though...and in my room...by my bed.”

“Pervert.” He chuckled as he kissed me.

I nodded and kissed him back, pulling him against me.

You’d think it’d be weird kissing your best friend, but it’s not. It’s coming so naturally to us. I think it’s because we both want this so much.

It was so easy to forget about the world when I was with him. I was so distracted by his touch and the feel of his lips on mine, that I didn't hear the sound of the gate opening. I didn't realize we weren’t alone. I only saw them when it was too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm actually scared to update this because I have no idea when the next chapters going to be up :S

Ahhhhh

And I left it on a cliffhanger! I'll try and start the chapter soon but I have no time at the moment :(

Thanks to
Xpathetic_punkX Outcasts FTW! :D And I think my cute scenes are actually working! :O omg!
Kade Holloway. I love Matt xD He's all 'I'll fix it' but he doesn't think before he fixes it haha Ry can be the brain of the relationship
x.MrsAlexGaskarth.x Wow! I forgot I made Torrie pregnant...Well I didn't make her pregnant... You know what i mean :P
Sarcastically Blunt Here's the more you wanted! mwhahahhahaa! And you probably wanted to kill Nate in this chapter too xD Is it weird that I don't hate him that much? I don't like him but I feel like I should hate him more than I actually do
For commenting!

:DDD