Love Is a ***

Prologue

The sun reflected off the water making the river sparkle; the mid-mourning sun was bright and a few clouds passed over head. I turn my attention to the group, all of them were already high. Mark had been laughing non-stop with roll in between is fingers; he seemed so amused by a stick.

I chuckled to myself and took of dragged of the cancer stick. Mark was playing with the stick and pretending it was an air plane, “Mark, you forgot the luggage.” I teased.

“Oh my god! Your right! I can’t turn around to get it because they need to go to Wonderland.” he explain blue, raven locks falling over his honey, brown eyes.

I laughed, “Maybe if you give them some weed they’ll forgive you.” I place the filter between my front teeth.

“Your right! They’ll want to fly again with me!” he took his lighter and grabbed another roll before lighting it up and holding it in front of the stick, “Instead of drinks, we have weed.”

I laughed at the thought of airlines giving weeds. I felt a hand being place over my left shoulder. I wince, flashbacks of the previous day flood my head and I shook them away.

“Sorry, I’m late.” Ryan explain taking a seat on the ground next to me, leaving his hand on my shoulder.

The rest of the group didn’t even turn around to notice Ryan was here, they were all too lost in their minds. Mark was too focus on his stick drowning in the river, and I was worried as to what Ryan had plan for later. My care-free moment was gone, and once again I didn’t use it to my fullness.

*************************

Afternoon TV was never really that great, and its on a weekday making it so much worst. The only thing that seem to be on was re-runs of Man Vs. Food. It’s shocking how this man could eat so much.

“Mac!” I heard my voice being called, it was never a good thing. A beating coming and I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t run, because Ryan would be more pissed. Footsteps enter the room and he walked over un-plugging the TV. “I saw what you were trying to do today?”

“What was that?” I ask trying to stall.

“Do fucking play stupid with me. “ he took a step closure to me. He grabbed my hair and threw me onto the floor.

My palms were flat against the carpet, and I began getting on my hands and knees. He gripped my hair again and pulled me backwards,

“This stays between you and me. You got it?” he smacked his hand hard across my jaw behind throwing me back on the floor, kicking me hard on my rib cage; before leaving the room and going upstairs.

I laid there quietly in anger mixed with sadness, “Fuck you.” I cursed silently under my breathe. I curled into a ball and laid on the ground till I closed my eyes from reality and hope to get away from it all in my dreams.