Love Is a ***

Chapter Twelve

Laughter filled hit my eardrums, as I walked closer to group. This house was huge, compare to the houses I’ve been in. The group came into sight, and I grinned. I flopped down on a couch next to Mark, who had drool leaking down his chin, as he became memorized into the TV.

“Mark?” he made a noise telling me he was listening, but he didn’t want to. “Do you like flies? Cause I’m pretty sure they’ll like you, if you don’t close your mouth.”

He turned his attention over to me, and wiped his mouth with his sleeve, “Hey, I can’t remember anything when I’m watching TV.”

“You can’t remember anything when your stoned either.” I mocked.

“Hey! Well… that might be true… but you can’t remember anything when… you’re sleeping! Yea. Yea. How do you like that?” he narrowed his eyes at me, a huge smirk creeping over his lips.

I couldn’t help, but giggle at what he said, “Mark, when I’m sleeping. I’m in a different world.”

“Well I beat you, cause I’m always in a different world!” he pushed his index finger into his chest, grinning wide.

“Mark, shut up your getting annoying.” Katie said.

“Your face annoys me.” he jeered. She groaned and turned her attention back to the TV.

“You’re mature.” I said.

He flashed his white, yellowing teeth, “Well why act your age? I could be going to school to become a doctor like my dad wanted me to. However, I didn’t. I could be working. However, I don’t. I could be in the army. But I didn’t want to.”

“You becoming a doctor scares me. So is working, and being in the army. I picture you working at amusement park. If you were in the army, I would hide, because you have weapons.” I explained.

“Then be a good boy.” he clapped his hands together.

I shook my head, “The one time you went hunting you shot your brother instead of the deer. I think we’ll keep you away from weapons.”

“Hey! He was in the way of my prey.” he argued.

“Yes, but see Mark. If someone in the way, you move, or tell him to move.” I explained.

He turned his attention to the games that were in the room, “Dude, look! Games!” the guy gets easily distracted.

“Games?” Ryan stared over at me.

I heard a console being turned on, and I stared over to see the spot next to me was free. I looked over at Mark who found himself a Mario game. I chuckled. The rest of the group soon crowded around the area, of different games, and screens.

I sat down on the plastic car seat, and placed my fingers around the wheel. I pushed a button, and I started racing seven other cars. My brain went into game mode, and I was having the time of my life, just racing the computer, and trying to get first place. It had be a while since I had played video games.

I played about five rounds, before Ryan tapped me on the shoulder, and bend over; pressing her lips on my ear, “Come with me.”

I got up from my place, and followed Ryan out of the room, and we walked over to what looked like a closet. He gripped his hand around the doorknob, and motioned me inside first. I took a step inside, and Ryan soon followed. He flickered on the light, my hands started to feel sweaty.

“What happen with Edna?” he cut straight to the chase.

I sighed, “She asked me what happen, and I said we were playing hard. She said you need to take better care of me more, um… I told her I was on the hockey team, and I never wear protected gear during practice, and my teammates are rough.” I summarized.

He nodded, “Did she notice anything?”

“Well I was bruised up almost everywhere, and I have welts and cuts too.” I said.

He grabbed my hoodie and pulled me closer, “Listen.” he hissed, “You know why you get this, and you are not to tell anyone. I don’t care who it is, it is between you and me. That nurse may of not been to bright, but you were lucky there. If this happens again, you are to act like you didn’t get what you deserved. That was too close Mac. You know I don’t like that. Next time suck it up or I’ll punish you.”

I nodded, my face was turning pale, and my stomach tighten. Ryan had a point, and I need to listen to him. He controlled me, not me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please subscribe, and comment. Valentines Day is coming up, I want to see all your love about me, and my buddy Murderous Mayhem; on our lovely story!