Love Is a ***

Chapter Thirteen

Cancer? The horrid deadly disease. I felt my heart break and I buried my head in my hands shutting my eyes tightly. A tear threatened to spill but I willed it to go away. I needed to be strong for him, for August.

"I'm sorry December." Edna said as she rubbed my shoulder in a soothing fashion. I sniffled once and looked up, trying to keep my face from showing any emotion. "What kind?" I asked.

"The doctors don't know for sure yet. You're parents already scheduled to get as many test as they can done today." She spoke. I nodded my head. "How's he dealing with this?" I wondered and looked at her. She smiled sadly, "He's scared, but you know him, willing to do what ever it takes to get over something." She laughed a bit and I smiled.

That's August for you, going forward to overcome and obstacle he can. "His exact words were 'Well then, let's get this over with. The sooner the better. I wanna be around for December's birthday this Christmas'." Edna grinned at me and I chuckled.

Oh how I loved that boy. He's the best little brother in the world.

"Now, you go out there and chill with your friends, I'll tell you if they notify me more on his condition, okay?" Edna said a I followed her out the room and towards the door that led to the hall way. "Yeah, yeah." I answered and grabbed the doorknob.

"Oh and December, can you give this to Mac? He left it here." She said as she handed me a golden necklace."Okay." I said and reached out for the necklace. "And December," Edna said her voice stern, I looked up at her, "keep a close eye on those two boys, Mac and Ryan. I don't trust Ryan, somethings fishy about him." I nodded my head and took the accessory from her then headed over to television room. I walked through the door only to be greeted with everyone at different games in the arcade area.

I noticed both male twins playing DDR and I leaned against the side of the game box, able to see their faces. One had his tongue poking out from his lips as he skillfully moved his feet to the selected arrows and matched them on the platform.

The other twin held a frustrated expression on his face as his feet randomly stomped random arrows and missing the ones on the screen. His look alike giggled as he huffed. "Shut up Emerald." He growled. Emerald laughed and jumped backwards so he was facing away from the screen, still hitting the arrows perfectly then switched back and faced the right direction.

I felt and arm wrap around my shoulder and looked over at the familiar red head, "Stop being a sore loser Chartreuse." Mark called out and punched the annoyed twins shoulder. Chartreuse tripped over his feet and fell onto Emerald, landing them both on the floor.

Mark yanked me onto the games platform and we both automatically starting playing, showing each other aside, trying to mess up the others score. The twins both grumbled at us but laughed when I shoved Mark off the plat form.

"Success!" I yelled when the game ended and the winner was me. Emerald yelled in appreciation and gave me a hug when he realized I was playing on his side. Mark and Chartreuse just shook their heads.

The rest of the gang just laughed at us and the second girl attached her lips to Emerald's. I shook my head at the two and faced the group. Mac and Ryan stood there next to Katie as the two other unnamed boys helped Chartreuse and Mark get up.

"Oh, here. You forgot this." I said as I reached into my pocket and held out the golden necklace to Mac.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you guys go. :]
Thank you for commenting:
Pjhazard
nightrunner96
dancergirl9305

Really appreciat it.
Only 29 Subscribers, nice :D
The rest of you should really
Comment and Subscribe