Love Is a ***

Chapter Twenty-One

"Wow." I said, taking in the view. Mark and the gang had invited me to hang in there usual spot, a clearing in the forest. The trees surrounding us formed a perfect circle but then running through the middle of it was a river. They had placed rocks in a line to get across easily and had moved a log and boulders around to form seats.

I grinned in amazement and Katie dragged John and Bert across the stream. I watched as she pulled something out of her pocket. She smiled and poured the powder onto one of the flat boulders. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"Honestly! Can you two just like lay off for at least five minutes?!" I heard Chartreuse groaned, coming through the trees with Emerald and Sammy. Emerald's arm was placed around her waist and Sammy rested her head on his shoulder, her facial expression annoyed. Emerald shook his head at his twin.

"I mean seriously! Emerald, you don't need to be fucking sucking of Sammy's face all the time! It gets gross watching you two kiss." Chartreuse continued to complain. Emerald growled and pushed his twin roughly, causing him to fall into the stream. Chartreuse yelped when he made contact with water and looked up at his look-alike with a death glare.

Emerald just huffed and sat down where he was standing, placing his partner in his lap. I felt and arm hook through mine and was thankful for the distraction to look away. Mark stood beside me and gestured across the river to a giggling Katie. ht

"Care to try?" He asked. I just stared at the three. John who was sprawled out on the floor staring at a blade of grass. Bert had his eyes on Katie, trying to keep in his laughter as she held a twig in her hands and moved it from side to side.

I felt fear pool into my stomach, "Um I'll pass." Mark nodded his head and hopped across the river, joining the group of three teens.

I sighed and sat down, a drenched Chartreuse making his way over to me. Chartreuse threw himself onto the floor and groaned. "I hate Emerald." He hissed. I chuckled at him and patted his hair. He whined in response.

"I mean seriously! What does he have that I don't? We're fucking identical in every way!" He growled. Chartreuse sat up beside me and starred at me. "I use to like Sammy too, you know? In fact Emerald had no interest in her in the beginning, but when I told him my feelings for her, he threw himself at her." Chartreuse sighed and I patted his shoulder. "So he basically stole her from you?" I asked. He nodded his head.

"Growing up Emerald has always tried to out shine me. In everything. I got straight A's he got an award. I taught my dog all basic commands, he taught his how to get him a soda from the fridge and bring it him. Sure he may seem innocent and like a nice guy but in reality he's really a douche bag.I just wish that one day a girl I'm dating will notice that and not leave me for him." Chartreuse frowned and stared at the ground. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and was about to speak but my voice was interrupted.

"Hey guys, sorry we're late!" Ryan yelled coming through the tress with a very unhappy Mac by his side. My eyes immediately glued to the cast holding Mac's arm then up to his face. Mac stared at the ground but displayed in his eyes.

How did he break his arm?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment<3