Love Is a ***

Chapter Four

The once colorful sky turned black, the moon was a crescent that evening and stars twinkled around it. The river current was slow, but sounded like water pouring into a glass. The air was still, and sometimes it gave off a chilly blow.

My eyes flickered over to the group, they had been making small conversions about work, and family. I turned my attention to the dirt ground in front of me, I noticed a phone just arm reach away from me, about twenty feet away from the group. I reach forward to grab it and flipped it open, and I could tell it was Marks’ phone.

“Um… Mark!” I called out. He turn his attention and crawl over to me and flung his arms around me.

“I thought she was never going to stop talking.”

I knitted my brows together, “About?”

“Some boy. God just cause you like someone, but can’t seem to ask them out. Maybe you should shut up about it. You know?” he took a drag.

“That is annoying, but I found your phone.” I held it up in front of his face.

He giggled, “There it is! I’ve been looking for you all day.”

I shook my head and chuckled, “Your insane.” I place the phone in his lap and starred at him, “Hey come over here I want to show you something.”

I stood up, wiping the dirt off my body before he followed me over to the river. I stood at the edge before searching for a few rocks, and I carefully placed one foot on it; my arms stretch out like eagle wings. I crossed more rocks, before making it to the other side. I motion him to follow me. He studied the river before walked straight across and smirk.

“Afraid of a little cold water?”

I nodded, “That and these are my favorite jeans.”

“Your such a girl.” he mocked.

“Hey! I may act weird, but there’s nothing growing out of my chest. I think I win here.”

He laughed, “So you’re a saying you would be a girl on the top and a boy at the bottom. Sounds interesting. I might be a little jealous of Ryan.”

I tensed at his name, “Well I do have a nice ass.”

I walked a few feet, Mark by my side. My foot caught on a rock, and I threw my arms in front of me to catch my balance. Arms wrapped around my waist, a sigh escaped my lips.

“Only if that was on video.” he chuckled pulling me upward.

“Mark!” a far too familiar voice called behind us.

He quickly let me go, I straighten my shirt before looking over at the shadow figure.

“Ryan! What’s up.” Mark greeted.

Ryan pushed him aside, “Mac, lets go.”
I nodded before Ryan grabbed my hand and dragged me in a different direction. I turned my head to see Mark was going back the way we came.

“What’s wrong with you?” he growled, “What does Mark have that I don’t have?”

I sighed, “He’s a friend Ryan, but at least he doesn’t beat me.”

He turned around as fast has a hawk, “What did you say?”

I narrowed my eyes at him, “You heard me.”

He yanked my wrist and began picking up the pace. I saw the small black car come into view, he pulled the keys out of his pocket and unlocked it. He opened the door for me before pushing me inside into the passenger seat, and getting into the drivers seat.

***************

“Get the fuck out of the car Mac!” he ordered, his face turned into a devils red, and his fist were white. I shook my head, and he yanked the door open, and grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and throwing me onto the garage floor. I winced at the slight pain.

“Relax--” he picked me up and dragged me inside before throwing me against the wall.

“You wanna go off with other guys, fucking disobey me, and being a motherfucking smart ass.” he spat in my face; he grabbed my arm and twisted it behind my back as hard he could.

“Ryan! Please!” I pleaded.

“Oh look, now he wants my forgiveness.” he jeered. I felt a hard blow to my head.

“Stop!” I choked on sob from the pain. I stared up at the brown eyes full of nothing, but hate, and rage.

“Shut the fuck up!” he kicked me has hard as he could in the stomach, and grabbed my neck and pulled me up against the wall, “Your such a fuck up! Why am I with you?!”

He slammed a fist against my cheek bone, I felt something warm go down my cheek. He threw me hard against the door, my head hitting the door, making a loud thump echo through the room. I placed a hand behind my skull and felt that warm sticky liquid, a foot flew into my jaw; more liquid escaping my body.

I felt numbness coming over me. Ryan threw a fist into my temple before my mind went limp.

************************************************

My eyes flutter open, being greeted by the darkness of the room. My body ached from the hard surface of the floor. I moved my arm feeling a jolt of pain travel through my veins, a moan escaped my lips. I slowly got up making my way to the downstairs bathroom. Everything from a few hours ago flooded back into m mind.

I closed the door behind me and flick the light switch. I stripped my shirt off, reveling a bruise torso. I gasp at sight; my fingers ghosted over the bruises that lined all over. The bruises were a deep dark purple, and black.

My jaw was lined with cuts, and surround my bruises, my lips had a trail of blood on it split open, my cheek, and left eye were an ugly purple, and blue.

“Ryan why?” I ask the mirror, before shaking my head, “Only if your love come reopen once again, and life was normal.” I almost laughed at the last word, before I flick the light off and headed to the living room to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, and subscribe.