Incolore Lumière - Colorless Light

Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Unspoken words
That night the cold winds kept beckoning for me to stay awake as I watched the snow turn into frost on the crevasses of the window pane. I could not sleep my heart would not allow it. Will I be planted here for the rest of my life like a flower which is loved but then so easily forgotten as time went on? How could my sister so easily forget our mother’s spirit as if she drifted away with the wind, even father does not smile as often. This curse may never be lifted.

I then get out of the comfort of my bed and went to my closet to find a fine coat which was a light cream color adorned with white plush fur around its collar and a golden bow to tie it together. I put the knot out of my hair and the strands let loose as if a weight has been left off my shoulders. I put on my slippers and set out to my mother’s grave. “Taking risks...” I whisper to myself.

I walked down the grand hallway in a light rush. I can hear the echo of my heels as they gently tapped the tiled floor. I had to get out of this mansion. Earlier I took Emily’s key to the double doors that led beside the botanical garden. I started to walk faster my heart skipping every other beat. I was just at the door when I felt someone’s presents behind me on the grand stairs. I turned quickly behind me but it was too dark to make out a shadow. It was no time for second thoughts I made my escape.
“…” Cecil watched.

I began to race to her grave. I did not understand this feeling it’s as if she’s waiting for me to return I know that she’s there. The grave yard is located on a hill where the church where my mother and our family use to attend but ever since her death we stop going because it reminded my father of her frequently.

I could see the church and the graveyard and a silhouette of a person. “MERE!” I ran up the hill and got to the top but then noticed I was teetering backwards I had stepped on my coat when going up the hill and it was pulling me backwards I looked forward and saw that she was rushing for me but she did not have green eyes. As well everything went black.
“Madame” his voice was so calm and strong. I slowly opened my eyes and he was holding me in his arms. His green eyes were so bright in the colorless weather he had long pure black hair which was put in a ponytail and skin which looked like a shield to block anything.
“Mere…she should be here…” I look around but there was no one behind him. Tears just came naturally that moment.

“You shouldn’t be here. It is too dangerous.” He picked me up bridal style and put his cloak around me.
“Mere…” I closed my eyes and just hope that I will see her once more.

* * *

“Mere why do people die so quickly?” I said. I was four years old we were the last ones to leave my grand-mere grave, she was 56 when she died. My mother gripped my hand ever so tightly at that time and just looked down at me with the faintest smile and said in a soft whisper.
“It’s because god misses them so much he sends the angels to bring them back home.”
“Even so, we miss them just as much!” I looked down at her grave and pouted.
“Yes my sweet and he knows that, that’s why when you sleep he sends them down for you to have sweet dreams. Have you ever had sweet dreams of your grand-mere?
“Why yes!” I beamed.

“As grandma sends you sweet dreams as will I” her tears were streaming down her face endlessly but in spite of it all she still gave off a warm glowing smile.
It seems like just yesterday….

I opened my eyes to realize I had never left the company of my bed. I looked to the grand clock on the wall and it tolled 12:00 at night. There were so many questions that referred to back towards my dream…why had my mere come visit me this night? Without any further thoughts I got up and walked to the kitchen for milk.

As I walked past my father’s corridors I could hear faint voices coming from inside his room. I recognized my fathers and Emily’s and someone else’s whom I could not have denied. Therefore it was Nathans.

I knew eavesdropping was prohibited but I must find out what they are discussing.
The first voice which came clear first was my father’s he seemed satisfied of some sort.
“Well, that will be all. I assume that you will tell my daughter Colette the news in the evening tomorrow Emily?

“Yes my lord” Emily said in a soft excited tone.
I looked through the key hole just in enough time to take a gaze at Nathan. His muscular features his enchanting green eyes his pure midnight looks to the fairness of his hair, for some reason my heart ached for him. I jump back and run to the corner of wall to hide from them as Emily and Nathan exit the room. I then quietly follow them to the servant chambers which were down stairs at the end of the back entrance.

“Is this your first time working with a family?” Emily says as she walks down the hallway with a candle stand to guide through the rooms.
“No, I’ve worked as a servant all of my life…serving to please others is how I was taught or you would be punished.”

“You should be glad to know that the members Bell family are very kind the one you have to look out for is Cecil is hard to handle at times but I will let you in on a secret when she is alone she is not that bad to think of it she did not start acting like this until her mother died.
“Where are your parents?” Emily asked innocently.

“There dead” Nathan replied in a flat tone. Emily stopped for a moment and then straightens herself up and turned to the last room at the end of the cold hallway.

“This is your room. Breakfast is at five in the morning and then after we eat we tend to the needs of the house and after the master wakes up at seven we set out their breakfast and then you tend to milady Colette while I tend to Milady Cecil if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Emily then smiles and sets the candle stand on his dresser and closes the door. I hide behind some old drapes and wait til she goes to her room.

I then look around to see if it’s clear and I quietly go to his room and look in the key hole he is sitting on his bed doing nothing at the moment but staring at the wall…Nathan what makes me so drawn to you?

I then push up against the door to get a better look and at that moment a loud screech come from the door it was not closed all the way. At the second without thinking I run as fast as I could not looking back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment And Subscribe! I hope you find it to your liking! :3

AHHH Im so sorry to my readers but I left out an important part in this chapter!