Status: In Progress

It's So Easy to Fall in Love

Its the Good Gone Girl (One)

Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate children. I just hate to be responsible for them; that of which I was when I ended up sucked into looking after my friend Marti's three children while she was away. It was one of those things I knew I just had to do- currently Marti is in the process of a divorce and unlike most rich women in Manhattan, she does not like to hire nannies. Whats the point of one anyway? To pay a stranger to raise your children? Eh, I guess wouldn't understand being I don't have any of my own. No kids, no husband, never been married, thats me. Oh, and you also might also know me as Bryce Todd, fashion designer extraordinaire. And of course my unforgettable oh-so fabulous press title, "That little bitch that broke Bruno Mars's heart". It actually used to be "That red-headed bitch", but now that I've dyed my hair blonde and have bangs no one seems to recognize me, to my relief. And I mean no one- even when I saw Pete last month with his new woman he didn't appear to notice me. Or was he just ignoring me maybe? But you know what? I don't give a shit, because maybe I am a bitch- thats just who I am, so get over it.

"Yoohooo! Taxii!". The loud pitch of my voice allowed me to easily flag down a cab. This was something I'd learned a few years ago when I'd first bought my apartment in Manhattan. When you live in a busy city such as New York, the only way to get what you want is to be like a tornado- be loud, bold, and knock down anything in your way. Not that I'm going around ramming into people like an obnoxious heffer of course, but Bryce Todd does not let anything stand in her way. Just ask my employees- I don't take any crap. Not from my employees, friends, or boyfriends...is that why I'm single? Honestly, I miss Peter, I really do. But what was I supposed to do? I was tired of not seeing him for months at a time and then when we did get together, it was usually for no less than a day. But I realize now how much he really meant to me...I can't handle being alone like this. Oh forget this damn sap, it makes me want to vomit. Let me just tell the story of where this all began. We have lots of time, don't worry. Surely this city traffic will make sure of that.

(Almost four years ago..)

"Come on Bryce! Can ya move a little faster?." The chick did her best to strut down the streets of Los Angeles as quick as her high heeled feet could carry her. Bryce's hefty suitcase didn't help matters, as well as the fact she stood no more than 5 foot five inches. Her friend Sofi began to get impatient. She'd grown up in Queens and walked like this? Lordy! Recently Bryce had received an offer for an internship at Stylehop, a fashion design company in LA and seeing as Sofi was looking for a roomate for her new place, offering Bryce the position was only natural. She'd recently finished graduate school at UCLA and even though she'd lived out in California for years, Sofi would feel more comfortable to have someone she knew well living with her than a total stranger. It wasn't just that; she really felt Bryce needed the move. Three years of working that piece of crap called a job at Coach weren't getting her anywhere and she had yet to realize it. And as hard as she worked, Bryce had struggled to get her own fashion designs to be recognized in New York. Los Angeles would be a new start for the little lady and with this internship, hey you never knew. With a little luck, maybe Bryce Todd would become the next Coco Chanel. "Gah! Come on slow poke." Sofi deciding taking her friend by the arm and pulling her was the only solution, causing Bryce to wince a bit. "Can't you be a little more gentle?", she said meekly. Sofi just sighed and rolled her eyes. "Gentle" had never really been in her vocabulary.

When she got a look at the new apartment, Bryce could see it was nothing to brag about; not that it was a complete dump, but the stained walls, smell of cigarettes and the faded whiff of a cat litter box elucidated to the girl of some of how the previous boarders must have been like. Not to mention the neighbor three doors down they'd run into a few minutes ago who'd pleasantly flashed his three teeth to the girls. Oh, everyone had to start somewhere, right? Bryce quietly took some time to unpack her things in the small bedroom Sofi had given her. She hadn't taken much; nothing more than the clothes she owned, one purse, toiletries and of course her beloved sewing machine. For Bryce, taking such little luggage was a cleansing process. It meant she had a chance to start over, to rejuvenate her life and maybe actually get somewhere with her dream of being a fashion designer. And maybe, this internship would do just that.

"Date tonight?", she called to Sofi, who ran around getting herself ready for some kind of event. "Nope!", she called back and added, "Club tonight. Wanna come?" "No ma'am. I have unpacking to do," Bryce replied. With a smirk on her face, Sofi said, "Well too bad 'cause your goin' whether you like it or not missy." In her opinion, friends didn't let friends spend their first night in LA alone and Sofi was Bryce's friend. "And why Sof? To get laid? Remember we're friends, but unlike you I have more things on my mind than just sex." The result of Bryce's joke was a shoe flying towards her head from Sofi's hands, ducking just in time so that it barely missed her. "And anyway I have a few pieces to finish for my presentation to Stylehop tomorrow." Ugh, Sofi would not stand for this anymore. She grabbed the redheads arm like she'd done a few hours earlier. "Hey! What the hell!" Bryce fought and struggled, but Sofi was bigger and stronger, so there was no chance. "Now where are we going?," Bryce asked. "To have fun!," Sofi exclaimed. "Something you don't like to do," she added with a smirk.

(All right its short but the chapters will get longer later on; I wanted to get something out.)