The Demon Princess and the Vampire Princes

Chapter IV

Chapter IV
Please Don’t Be Dead


I danced around in the club, seeking out my next prey. That’s when my phone rang. It was Tyrone. What could he want? “Hey, little bro.”

“DUDE!!! I’M FREAKING OUT!!!”

“What’s going on? Where’s Phoenix?”

“THAT’S WHY I’M FREAKING OUT!!!”

“What did you do?” I growl into the phone.

“I dunno! I just thought that she was bored. So I said, ‘You need to get outside, feel the sun on your face!’ Then I opened the door and pulled her out. Then she growled, snarled —”

“Wait, you took her out of the room? With the sun?!” I was already running toward the castle. “Why the hell would you do that?!”

“What do you mean? Why do you sound so pissed at me?”

“Because Phoenix can’t go out in sunlight!” I growl, popping up beside him. “Which way did she run?”

“Oh, dude, are you gonna kick my butt?”

“WHICH WAY DID SHE GO?!!!” I snarl furiously. Tyrone’s hand shook as it pointed down a hallway. I was definitely going to kick his ass after I get Phoenix out of the sunlight. I ran quickly with that — creepy to some, awesome to me — Vampire speed. There she was, sizzling and crackling like wood on fire. I pick her up. She was so cold.

“Dude! You found her!” Tyrone says, grinning that stupid grin of his.

“You, don’t go anywhere. I’m not done with you.”

“Is she okay?”

“I don’t know. But, I swear that if she’s dead, then I’ll be attending two funerals,” I growl, glaring at him.

“She’s got some blood in the drawer.”

“You never made sure that she drank it?!” I snarl at him.

“N-no. W-why?”

“Look, I think you’ve caused enough damage, Ty. Just go.” He left quickly without a second thought. I pull out the drawer, and was shocked at the amount of blood in there. “Phoenix, come on, wake up.” Not a sound. Nothing came out of those full red lips.

I sigh, lying down beside her. I wrap my arms around her, taking in the bittersweet, seductive smell of blood. It was like a perfume on her, daring me to try and seduce her. If she wakes up, then I’m buying her some soaps and shampoos.

ღ ☮ ♥ ♥ ☮ ღ

The next day came and went. Phoenix didn’t hardly move. She was breathing. Hopefully that meant she was alive. I tried not to leave the room, especially during the day. I didn’t want any sunlight getting on her.

I pull out the blood from the drawer. There was about eight bags in there. Is she sick? I didn’t know if Demons could even get sick. I’ll have to ask her about that.

I pick up a bag, wondering if the blood would help. Hopefully it would. I pop open the lid, putting it to her lips. I only let a few drops in her mouth so that she doesn’t just drown in it. I waited a few minutes, and I knew she swallowed it. A pour a little more in her mouth. This was good. I was getting a response out of her. She’ll be back to herself in no time.

“Phoenix, can you hear me?” I ask quietly. Nothing. She had even stopped drinking the blood.

Now that I thought about it, she had stopped breathing.

That is not a good sign.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who has commented! You’re truly awesome! Thank you so, so much!