The Demon Princess and the Vampire Princes

Chapter VII

Chapter VII
He Knows


Abel had been staying with me in secret. The poor child had no where else to go. As you could remember, I killed his father — and the only remaining parental figure in his life. I felt horrible, so I had decided to care for him. Blaze had agreed to help me since I couldn’t leave the room.

Well, as for right now, Blaze was going hunting. He left me with enough blood to last weeks — even though he’d only be gone for three days.

“Alright, now listen. Don’t open the door, don’t let anyone in, and stay out of the sun,” Blaze says, sounding too much like a stern father for my liking.

“Blaze, I am seventeen. I can take care of myself and Abel.”

“Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night, Pixie.” Blaze rolls his eyes. “And you, mister —” Abel looks up at him, “— don’t give Nix any trouble. Alright?” Abel nodded his head, grinning. “Good. See you in three days.”

“Whatever,” I say, rolling my eyes at him. Blaze leaves the room, and I waited till I couldn’t even faintly hear his footsteps before I grabbed my locket. I looked at Abel, smiling as I said, “Alright, lets go.”

ღ ☮ ♥ ♥ ☮ ღ

“Blaze isn’t going to be happy,” Abel says, frowning as I carry him quickly down the street.

“Blaze does not have to find out,” I say, smirking at him, “Alright? This is our day, Abel, so you need to just have fun.”

“Can we go to Chuck E. Cheese’s?” Abel looked so excited that I couldn’t say no. “It’s right over there!”

I nod, already walking toward it. “Now, remember, I am your foster sister taking you on a brother-sister day. Alright?” Abel nods his head excitedly, grinning as we walk in.

“Can I have some money?” I nod, digging in my pocket, and pulling out a small leather pouch.

“Buy whatever you want. I will be sitting over there, okay?”

Abel nods, grinning as he ran. I roll my eyes, sitting down in one of the small, stinky booths. I closed my eyes, taking deep and calming breaths to help me fight off the alluring scent of flesh. I hadn’t eaten anything since I had sheltered Abel, over a week ago. It was an honest miracle that I had been able to keep my sanity this long.

“Hellooo,” a deep male’s voice says, making me look up at him with irritation.

“Can I help you?” I ask, annoyed slightly as his eyes looked me over like most.

“No, but I’m pretty sure I could help you.” He smirks with that over-the-top confidence, pestering me even more.

“Sorry, but I am not in the mood.” I roll my eyes. “Go fuck some other girl.”

He glared at me, and I knew I hit his already-too-big ego. I smirk as he walks away, watching as Abel walks over to me worriedly. “Are you okay, Nix?”

“Fine. Go back and play.” I smile at him reassuringly, knowing what he really meant. Abel timidly nods, scurrying back to play with the other boys his age. It really brought a smile to my face to see him like that.

But that smile was quickly replaced as my phone buzzed in my pocket. Of course I bought a new phone. What if Tobias was calling to warn me of some yet-to-be-known danger? “Hello?”

“Princess Phoenix Seraphina, where are you?” Dad asks, obviously angry.

“The sun is out, father, I am hiding,” I lie with ease, trying to suppress my instinctive anger that flashed at hearing his growling voice.

“Oh, well as long as you are safe. Any information about the Vampire attack?”

“I am still doing research on it. It will probably take a few more days.”

“Alright.” My phone beeped, signaling that he had hung up.

I quietly groaned, throwing my head back as I squeezed my eyes shut. “Princess, huh?” Abel asks, smirking just like Blaze does. Those two spend too much time together. My eyes shot wide open as I stared at him as he rolled his eyes. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Abel, no one can know.”

“What about Blaze? He says that you two are friends.”

Especially not Blaze.”

“Why not?”

“Because, Abel, if anyone finds out, then I will be sucked back into Hell.”

“That’s not good.”

“Exactly. So, please, Abel! Do not tell anyone.”

“You’ll have to tell Blaze eventually, Nix.”

“No, I do not. I will not. I do not want Blaze to treat me any differently.”

“He’s a Prince, though. And you’re a Princess! It’s like … umm … what’s that movie where the girl lives with those tiny guys and sleeps?”

“Umm … I do not know.”

“Well, it’s just like one of those fairytales!”

I grimace, shaking my head. “Abel, my life is anything but a fairytale.”

“But-but … Nix! Haven’t you even tried?!

“Listen to me, Abel, I am not looking for love. If I were, then it would not be with Blaze. We are too different.”

“Opposites attract.”

I roll my eyes at him. There’s no getting through to this kid. “Fine, Abel, I will tell Blaze. But, I will do it when I am ready. Deal?”

“Deal.”

ღ ☮ ♥ ♥ ☮ ღ

“So, how were you two while I was gone?” Blaze asks, smirking as he walks in.

“In a minute. We are busy,” I say, concentrating on the book.

“How can you not know how to read, Nix, you’re seventeen!”

“Reading was never taught in Hell,” I say, rolling my eyes.

“Alright, well, you keep working on that,” Abel says sarcastically, grinning at Blaze. “I’m hungry.”

“Alright, little dude, what do you want?”

“A sandwich.”

“Pixie, you want anything?”

“No,” I say absentmindedly, flipping through the pages of the book.

“Pixie.” Blaze snatches the book out of my hands, smirking. “You smell like decaying flesh. Have you eaten anything in a week?”

“Don’t listen to him,” a voice in my head says. Great. I have officially gone insane. Never a good sign.

“Kill him.”

“Rip out his throat.”

“Tear him to shreds.”

“No, go after the boy!”


I squeeze my eyes shut, holding my breath. “Pixie? Are you okay?”

“Nix?” I could hear Abel coming closer. Like a flash of lightning I was pressed on the opposite side of the room, flat against the wall.

“Abel, stay back,” Blaze says, slowly walking toward me.

“Kill them both.”

“Do it now!”

“You know you want to …”


“No, I do not,” I yell, shaking my head.

“Is Nix okay?” Abel asks.

“I think she will be. Abel, go outside of the room. I’ll get you in a minute.” He nods, walking out of the room. I hiss at the light, withering away to the darkest corner I could find. “Pixie, come on, you’re alright.”

“Stay … away,” I growl, squeezing my eyes shut.

“Come on, Pixie, you’ll be fine.”

Go away!

“No.” He was right in front of me. The voices got louder, more demanding. I looked away from him. “What’s going on?”

I told you!” I whimper, my finger nails trying to claw their way through the floor.

“Look at me.” I shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut.

“Kill him!”

“He’ll never know.”

“No one will even suspect you.”

“Nobody even knows you’re here.”


“No,” I say, shaking my head to clear it.

“Look at me, Pixie.”

“He’s vulnerable!”

“Kill him!”

“Kill him!”

“Kill him!”

“Kill him!”

“Kill him!”


I ran as fast and far as I could away from them. I couldn’t kill them. No matter what, I knew that I couldn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠

^^^ I really thought it fit the story nicely. ^^^