Sequel: Rookie
Status: Complete!

Shooting Stars

If Only Life Was Always This Good

Jonathon Toews was the first player to walk through the door. Suiting, since he was the team captain. He walked straight up to me, all the while checking me out I may add.
“I’m Captain Jonathon Toews.”
“Sophie, it’s nice to meet you. Sign my jersey?” I asked with a marker already in hand. He agreed and then moved on to my family members and then the other group. Patrick Sharp entered the room with Patrick Kane and Jake Dowell on his tail. They too came to me first after giving me a look down. I smiled sweetly and asked each of them to sign my Sharp jersey. You could say that Sharpie was impressed I had his jersey. Eventually, the whole team swept through and I was the first one done with all the autographs. I decided my cousin/best friend would appreciate a Jonathon Toews autograph, so I went up to him.
“Excuse, me, Jonathon. Can I ask you to sign a piece of paper for my cousin? She absolutely loves you.” He smiled.
“Sure thing, Sophie.”
“You remembered my name?”
“I remember all the pretty girls’ names.”
“Thank you,” I replied, surely blushing.
“How old are you?”
“17,” I answered, faking a year.
“And your cousin, how old is she?”
“21, her name is Jackie.”
“What are the two of you doing tomorrow night?”
“We may have to work, why?”
“The guys and I are off tomorrow night. And they all came to the conclusion that they liked you and how nice and unfanlike you were. Meaning, you didn’t jump up and down or scream like most fans do.”
“Like my family practically did?” we laughed.
“If you and your cousin want to take a ride into the city and meet up with us, it would be a pleasure.”
“Where and when?” I asked knowing Jackie wasn’t going to turn this down one bit.
“There’s a steakhouse downtown off of Madison. It’s Lenny Char & Steak House. We are going to be there around seven or so.”
“Jon, tell her about the other part of the deal,” Sharpie said joining us.
“The team is willing to put the two of you up in a hotel in the city for tomorrow night, so you can hang out with us longer.”
“I’d like that, and my cousin would too.”
“Great, then we will see you there?”
“Only if we can get our dad’s to let us drive downtown by ourselves, they don’t trust two girls on the toll way at night.”
“Invite one of them along, if you have to.”
“Thank you.” I smiled. The rest of the guys joined us and I could tell my brother and little cousins were jealous that I was still talking to the guys when they were being ignored.
“Sophie, it’s time to go,” Joe came up and said to me about five minutes later.
I exchanged numbers with Jon and Sharpie before exiting the room and leaving through the locker room entrances.
“Sophie, what were you and the Hawks talking about?”
“Mostly Jake Dowell’s fight, Uncle Stan,” I answered as we got into the car.
“Did I hear them offer to go to dinner with you?”
“Not just me, Uncle Stan, but my cousin, Jackie, and one of our dad’s.”
“That was nice of them.”
“They liked how down to earth I was.”
“Good for you. Now let’s get out of here, Laura.”

“Jen, you, me, tomorrow night,” I said into the phone later that night.
“What are we doing tomorrow night? I have to work.”
“Get out of it. We are driving to the city and going to dinner.”
“With whose money?” she questioned.
“Not ours,” I smirked although she couldn’t see me.
“Whose?” she almost screamed.
“The Chicago Blackhawks! They invited us to go to dinner with them and then they are going to put us up in a hotel!”
“You are pulling my leg.”
“No, I’m not. Would I pull your leg by saying I got Jonathon Toews AND Patrick Sharp’s phone number?”
“Hell yeah,” she answered.
“Well, I’m not. The only way you can find out I’m not lying is to go with me tomorrow!”
“I don’t think our dads will like it very much. They hate us driving by ourselves for long distances. They think we will be ‘targeted’ or something.”
“Then we take one of them with. Most likely my dad? We can pick him up on the way down.”
“Okay. Call your Dad and I will call work to try and get out of it tomorrow night.”
“Call you back in a half hour?”
“Sure thing. Talk to you!”
I hung up with Jackie and dialed my dad.
“Hi, Daddy,” I started the conversation.
“Hi, sweetie, how was the game?”
“Amazing, we got meet the player passes and everything.”
“I don’t remember that being part of your gift?”
“Some guy just gave them to me, he said he couldn’t use them anymore.”
“Oh,” he paused. “And how did that go?”
“The Blackhawks want Jackie and me to go downtown tomorrow for dinner with them.”
“The afternoon or evening?”
“It’s dinner, Dad.”
“I don’t think your uncle will like you two going by yourselves.”
“Then come with us, Dad.”
“You already mentioned that to Jacks didn’t you?”
“Yeah, and the guys said they would book us a hotel room for the night too!”
“For the three of us?”
“Yeah, most likely it will be a two bedroom suite and Jacks will share a bed with me for the night.”
“I have to talk to my boss. I’m scheduled to work tomorrow night.”
“Get out of it, can’t you switch to the morning?”
“I can only try. If not I think you will have to bring your uncle.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think? This is all I wrote so far. I really want opinions. Oh, GO BLACKHAWKS!

Sophie's outfit here