Sequel: Rookie
Status: Complete!

Shooting Stars

The Best Days

“Jacks, did you get off?” I asked her at about midnight over the phone.
“Hell yeah I got off. I wasn’t going to miss that.”
“Good, my Dad is going to go with us too. We have to pick him up on the way down.”
“Want to share Tazer’s number with me?”
“He made me promise to not give it to anyone. I even asked if I could give it to you, he said not until after he had met you, I’m sorry,” I told her honestly.
“Fine, but if you are lying to me, I’ll kick your ass!” she said a bit too loud. My cousin’s dog, Bailey, started to bark at me. I started to laugh as the dog barked and twirled in a circle. “What are you laughing at?”
“Bailey is barking and running in a circle. She’s a hoot this dog. I love her.”
“Adorable, I tell you,” Jackie said over the phone. I said goodnight and hit the sack.

“Thank you so much, Uncle Stan & Aunt Laura. We had so much fun!” I said to my favorite Aunt& Uncle.
“We are glad you did. Drive home safely,” they said as Joe and I walked out their garage door. We had piled up our bags in my backseat. We got in and I turned up the heat as high as it would go. I drive a 2006 blue Chevy Impala. It doesn’t have leather seats, so no tush warmers. I waved before turning to back out of the drive.
“That was fun,” Joe said as I got on the highway to head back to our house.
“It sure was! I can’t believe I’m driving downtown tonight with Jacks and Dad to meet up with the guys, though. And you flipped out when they came in the room!” I joked with my brother.
“Shut up,” he muttered before turning the speakers up so loud it was ear splitting.
I turned it down to a reasonable level and played with my Chicago Bears hoodie strings. I hit the button to play my Alakrity playlist and sang along the rest of the hour drive home.
I pulled into my driveway to see it was full of snow. I told Joe to get out and shovel a path for my car to get into the garage. He did as told, not without putting up a fight, and I pulled in. I grabbed the extra shovel and got to work. We finished within five minutes, which is good for our driveway, and I went to take a shower.
I sang in the shower to my favorites like Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley before getting dressed in a cute dress and sweater mix. I added some leggings for warmth and then started on my makeup. I did a smoky eye shadow and then added a light red lip shine, better than lip stick. I put on my black boots that were also heels, my class ring, my zebra ring, my heart necklace and earring set, and finally my jacket. I grabbed my keys and some of my Blackhawks memorabilia for the guys to autograph along with my overnight bag before telling my brother I was leaving and I left to go pick up Jackie.
I drove through the light and fluffy snow to Jacks apartment on the college campus, picked her up after saying a quick hello and goodbye to her roommates, and we got back in my car to pick up my dad. I let Jacks DJ because I was driving. We basically had the same taste in music, so it was great! It took us an hour to reach my father’s work and a half hour for us to wait for him to get done with work. We threw his bag with mine and Jacks in the trunk. He took over on driving with Jacks in the passenger seat. I got thrown into the backseat of my own car!
“So, are we meeting them at the steakhouse or the hotel?” Jacks questioned when we were nearing the city limits and you could see the skyline glowing.
“Good question, I’ll text the guys to find out!” I texted Sharpie and Tazer to get the answer to my bestie’s question.
To: Sharpie  & Tazerrr ;)
Where are we meeting you guys?
From: Tazerrr ;)
The hotel. We are at the Hilton off of Madison. How long will you be?
To: Tazerrr ;)
About fifteen, twenty minutes depending on downtown traffic  !!
From: Sharpie 
It didn’t look bad traffic wise on our way here!
To: Sharpie 
Good thing. See you soon 
<3 Sophie!
“We are meeting Sharpie & Tazer at the Hilton at least. I don’t know about the rest of the team,” I said to the other car passengers. They just nodded and I gave my Dad directions to the Hilton from previous experiences downtown.
We were there within the fifteen minutes I said it would take. Toews was standing outside in the cold waiting for us. I waved him over. He grabbed my bag and Sharpie grabbed Jacks while Dad grabbed his own and handed my car keys over to the valet who gave me a number for the car.
“Don’t scratch it,” I warned the valet. He just smiled and we all headed inside.
“Jacks, this is Jon and Patrick. Guys, this is my cousin Jacks. The man with us is my Dad.”
“Nice to meet you sir, thank you for allowing the ladies to come down here.”
“Yes, thank you sir,” Sharpie said adding to Toews comment. Toews couldn’t take his eyes off of Jacks. And personally, I knew she couldn’t keep hers off him either. Sharpie was the one to take control of the situation. “We already checked you all in. We have one room that had been upgraded at no fee, so don’t feel bad about the room cost. Let’s take you all up there,” he said before leading us to the elevator. He still held my overnight bag.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sophie's dress outfit to meet the Hawks Hereee
Jackie's outfit Heree