Happy Ending

One day, you stop kissing me.

We deserve a happy ending.

Maybe you don’t see it, maybe you don’t want to see it, but we do. We deserve more than this, we deserve everything my heart and your heart desires. We deserve the moon and the trees, we deserve the underwater city of Atlantis that I swear on my life is real, but you laugh, kiss me, tell me that they’d have found it by now, but I’m so certain. So sure. It’s there, Jonghyun, I swear to God.

But no, you just kiss me to shut me up, chuckling all the while.

--

One day, you stop kissing me.

You try not to touch me, like I’m fragile, broken; you don’t want anything to do with me anymore. You can’t look at me. You want to, I can see it in your face when you blush all acrylic reds and force yourself not to. I find myself looking in the mirror more often than usual, wondering if maybe it’s something about the way I look.

I grow my hair out. Maybe you don’t like it, that’s it.

I put on more make-up. Hide my flaws. All for you, baby, all for you.

Just love me again.

--

You made love to me once, and I did the same to you right after.

We never mentioned it in words, only in simple glances and smiles that said more than anything spoken ever could. But you don’t do that anymore.

And I wonder why you don’t; I wonder what I did wrong.

Jonghyun, please look at me again.

--

You still love me, you say. You just can’t be with me. They’ve found out, you say, and they’re threatening to terminate the group if we don’t stop. We have to stop, you tell me, wiping away tears from your eyes. I love your eyes, Jonghyun, please stop crying, they’ll get all red, baby.

But you say you have to go, you need to be alone, you’re sorry.

You’re crying. I can hear you.

And I can’t do a thing.

--

We deserve a happy ending.

We, not you and I, separate, but we.

We need a happy ending.