Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 11

Image

Mind readers, they were a scary thought to be honest. They were gifted. The thing about The Otherworld was there are a few gifted people. Usually it had something to do with witches or prophecies, but sometimes they randomly appear for no real reason. I’d only met a few. Sometimes they were gifted in harmless things like cooking, writing, hunting other times they were gifted in fighting, mind reading, and other more terrifying things. The worst part is they look exactly the same as everyone else, but as I stared into Daniel’s shocked eyes I knew he was one.

He shook his head slightly, before turning back to Cole to continue their conversation. It was already a good sign that he didn’t give me away immediately. Maybe he would take pity on me. As I looked at King Edmund sitting next to me mesmerized by the outside world, I realized how unlikely that was. I was going to die. My heart ached as I began to realize my pack, my people, my friends, all of them were going to be enslaved.

“We’re here,” one of the security men informed us putting the car in park.

“Okay slave, ground rules. You stay with your Majesty the entire time. If I catch you running away, I will kill you. Got it? Don’t make me look foolish or you’ll regret it,” Cole snapped at me, before evacuating the car. I helped Edmund get out of his seat and out of the car.

We were out front of a gorgeous, fancy clothing store. It was similar to the ones near my home only bigger, much bigger. It was almost godly with the extraordinary gold designs. Even the door knob look hand-crafted. A guard stood out front looking weary of all who passed by. It was an odd location. In the middle of a street that looked run down and dying stood a grand building full of designer clothing. “Who are you lot?” the grumbled at us.

“King Edmund wishes to enter,” Cole hissed at the man. He looked like scum if you asked me. His eyes traveled to me. He grinned. It was intimidating considering his crimson red eyes. The color indicated he was hungry, very hungry.

I highly doubted he was looking at me like a meal though. Bloodsuckers usually find werewolf blood to be disgusting, so likely hood was he was staring me down in a more sexual manner. His lips curled up in a grin revealing jagged yellow teeth. I was disgusted. My wolf was howling in anger as it attempted to claw off my skin. It wasn’t in the least bit pleasurable having my inner wolf be trapped by it’s second skin. Shocks were exploding up and down my body as my wolf went on rampage. The collar was working on over drive. Finally after seconds of fighting myself the wolf submitted to the human.

Daniel stared at me with concern. He must have been able to hear my internal feud. Cole glared at the man openly, before shoving him up against the building roughly. People stopped and stared at the scene before them. Edmund buried his head in the side of my jeans. It always bothered him when he saw Cole and Corban angry.

“Don’t look at her again or you’ll lose your eyes,” he hissed in the man’s face, before shoving him down to the ground like a rag doll. “Everybody inside,” he muttered to us now back to his normal reserved self.

I grabbed hold of Edmund’s tiny hand and led him inside. Almost as soon as we were inside he darted off towards the children suits. It was evident he’d been there before. I followed close behind not wanting to lose him inside the massive amount of racks. As I watched Edmund tear through suit after suit looking for the perfect one I fiddled absent-mindedly with a loose strand of my golden brown hair. Amusement was evident in my eyes as I watched.

“Princess Gabriella, how on earth did you survive?” a deep husky voice whispered into my ear. Startled I jumped into a defensive position earning me a shock from my collar. Damn witches and there spells. This thing was just degrading.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I retorted anger woven into my words. This was not fair.

“Oh Gabby don’t worry I won’t tell anyone your secret. In fact I’m rather pleased to learn that your alive and plotting because as much as Corban would like to go back to the old ways, I disagree. In fact quite a few noble families disagree, mine included. Just know that I’m here if you need me. You are not alone,” Daniel explained in a hushed voice smiling lightly.

Surprise echoed through my body. How did this even happen? I gained an ally from a vampire of all people by just being alive. Edmund began fluttering about ripping through accessories and such. I glanced around for Cole making sure he wasn’t near by. He wouldn’t be happy to see King Edmund behaving like a child. He was an inconsiderate ass.

Daniel laughed beside me. Oops I’d forgotten he could read my thoughts. It was going to be something to get used to, to say the least. “Oh yes Gabby I can read your thoughts loud and clear,” he muttered while roaring with laughter.

“What is so funny?” I whined at him giggling myself. I’d never in my life felt so carefree while talking to a vampire. Even when speaking with Bennett I had remained pretty formal because he had no idea of my identity. It was hard to talk as equals with anyone when I myself was supposed to be a slave.

“It’s funny because Cole likes you a lot,” Daniel explained smirking at me. Wait, what? Where did that even come from.

“Your lying,” I accused.

He grinned at me. “Hardly. He’s never bothered spending time with your Majesty before. Won’t it be a shock when he finds out.” I stared at him horrified , mouth hanging wide open. He wasn’t serious!

“What the hell is going on here?” an angry voice said accusingly.

I turned my head to see Cole’s imposing figure standing a mere two feet away. It was almost like seeing him in a new light. There is no way that Cole, a stuck up spoiled brat, cared for me in anyway. I mean why would he? We had hardly held up a descent conversation sense we’d met. Plus that asshole ditched out on my birthday party with an apology note a few hours before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I would love it if someone made a banner. I'd even update a couple times in one day. Just saying.

Anyway I love my twenty-one subscribers and nine commenters! Subscribe and Comment if you dare! :)