Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 19

Image
This is a totally awesome amazing banner made by ZombieMageLove from Quizilla. I officially love her and I'm dedicating this chapter to her. :)

Chapter 19

“Gabby!” a voice called out in the dark.

My vision was blurry, not from blood loss, but from fear. I was so scared. My breaths were short and choppy. As much as I tried to get air I was failing. “Gabby,” the figure whispered walking closer to me from the dark. My mind was so far gone I could barely make out who it was.

“What happened to you?” it asked. Tears were cascading down my face.

Cole stepped out of the shadow fully revealing himself. He was wearing a loose pair of old black sweatpants and a random t-shirt. Was he going to hurt me for what I did to Gregory? How did I hurt Gregory? How did I break through the collar? It’s supposed to kill you if you transform. Maybe it’s defective.

My mind was lost. Cole lunged towards me. I flinched only to realize he’d wrapped his muscular arms around me in a hug. “Who did this to you?” he hissed venom lacing his words as his hand traced across my neck. Raw fury could be seen in his eyes.

“I…he- I don’t know…how did it…I’m scared,” my words were coming out in a rush and they didn’t make an ounce of sense. Cole ran his thumb under my eyes wiping away my tears. His skin was cold to the touch.

Another voice echoed in the hall. “Where the fuck are you slave? I’m going to kill you!” Gregory’s voice growled from the darkness. I clutched onto Cole for dear life. A small whimper escaped my lips.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered to Cole, “I’m so sorry.” When they saw Gregory’s face, they were going to kill me. I hadn’t meant to. I was just so scared. I just wanted him to stop.

Gregory approached us without a thought. “There you are bitch,” he muttered. One glance at him and I could see the bloody mess of three claw marks hat ran the length of his face.

“What did you do?” Cole bellowed at the man while take a step in front of him hiding me behind his back.

“I didn’t do anything!” he retorted angrily, “Look what that slave did to me.”

Cole eyed his face with surprise. He knew the wound well enough. His eyes were full of shock as pieced together the situation. “Don’t even look at her again, you hear me. I will kill you. I promise,” Cole demanded of Gregory.

“What? You aren’t going to do anything about this? I deserve compensation! I want every ounce of blood drained from her body.” The words coming out of Gregory’s mouth were terrifying. Even when I was branded I was never that scared. I knew I was going to live. I wasn’t sure of that anymore.

“I command you to leave her alone. If you do not follow that command you will be seen as disobeying the crown,” Cole announced turning away, before grasping my arm and dragging me off. We walked in silence until Cole led me into his room. I was still crying hysterically. How could this even happen?

He sat me down on the bed, before sauntering across the room and grabbing a chair. Then he placed it down in front of me, before taking a seat. “What the fuck did you do?” he hissed at me. Anger was evident in his features. I knew I’d officially screwed up. He was never going to protect me. He was going to tell Abigail or Corban. They were going to have me killed. Better yet they were going to slaughter me and serve me up to Gregory in apology.

My body convulsed violently at the mere thought of what the future held. I could feel the puke rising in my throat, but I pushed it back down. Upon seeing my state Cole’s features changed. “Gabby,” he whispered reaching out to me. I flinched ever so slightly. Was he going to kill me himself?

“Gabby, you’re going to be okay,” he explained wrapping me into a comforting hug, “I’m never going to let him touch you again. I could kill him for what he did.” Dried blood was still smeared across my neck.

My voice was shaking as I whispered, “They’re going to kill me.”

His grip tightened around my waist. He laid me down beside him across the bed. “I will never let them hurt you,” he retorted finally. I couldn’t help but wonder if we were both talking about the same them. I suppose it didn’t really matter. As I buried my face into his chest I inhaled his scent. It was comforting in every way.

“I don’t know how I did it. I needed to. He was biting me,” I whimpered quietly. Cole was staring down at me taking in the information. “I couldn’t help it. I just wanted him to stop.” My words were coming out in a rush. The gates had been open. “I was just so scared.”

Cole buried his face into my chest while grasping my slender frame closer. “I’m sorry this happened to you,” he responded earnestly.

We lay there in silence. It was comforting. My fear had began to dwindle at a rapid rate. Everything wasn’t perfect, but given the current circumstances it was as good as one could hope for. “Why do you do this for me? Why are you so nice me?” I questioned quietly.

The seconds felt like a life time, but finally he told me, “Because I care about you.”

“But you don’t know me,” I explained to him. If he really knew me he would kill me. If he knew who I was he would be disgusted by the mere thought of me. He was a royal. They wanted us dead.

Cole growled at me, “Of course I know you. You’re starting to sound like the blind seer.”

“No Cole. If you only knew,” I muttered lazily, before yawning. I didn’t wait for him to respond. I didn’t want to talk about it anymore. Because laying there wrapped in his arm was so nearly perfect. What I had done was unforgivable. As I laid there feeling ever so safe I had come to the realization that I, Princess Gabriella of Dark Moon Castle, had fallen the enemy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I officially love banners :)
They totally make my day.
Anyway I've been getting awesome feedback on this story.
Thanks guys I really appreciate it.