Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 34

Image
I would like to thank xmhmitsmex from Quizilla for this awesome banner! :)

Image
This totally sweet banner was made by ILOVEBILLK4EVER. Thank you I appreciate it.

Chapter 34

“That man over there is Sir Tucker, he runs the transactions between the Otherworld and the Human world,” Daniel explained as we sat in the corner of the dining room alone people watching.

“What do you mean transactions?” I asked curiously.

Daniel was happy to expand into detail, “He gets the electronic stuff they have and brings it back here to sell for a profit, but from what I’ve heard a black market has developed. They have been guarding the gates more so the wrong people won’t go in and out.”

“Interesting,” I mumbled. The werewolves never had any gates to the human world near us. We forced to use the vampire’s gates. Needless to say we didn’t get nearly as many cars, computers, and TVs. Glancing around I was enamored by the number of nobles that had appeared tonight. The stench of werewolves, vampires, and humans were all mixed together. Surprisingly it didn’t smell bad, just distinctive.

Daniel laughed loudly beside me. “What’s so funny?” I questioned him.

He could barely contain the amusement in his voice when he responded, “Cole is storming over here. He wants to know who I’m with. I was supposed to meet him earlier, but I stood him up.” Quickly I glanced around. Just s Daniel had informed me Cole was walking strait towards us adorning a sleek black tuxedo with a forest green under shirt. Anger was chiseled subtly into his features, but no so much that people around us wouldn’t notice.

“Where were you?” Cole hissed plopping down across from Daniel paying me zero attention.

Daniel gave him a mocking grin, before replying, “I had to pick up my lovely, gorgeous date of course. I’m not sure if you’ve met her before.” It was all one big joke to Daniel, but I didn’t find it amusing in the least. Cole’s pale blue eyes turned towards me. I watched as face transformed from angry to surprise to wonder.

“Gabby what are you doing here?” he asked quietly before looking back and forth between Daniel and I as if questioning our current relationship.

“Well I’ve got places to be people to see,” Daniel explained standing up and wandering off into the crowd much to my surprise. Wait this wasn’t part of the plan? My head snapped around wildly looking for an escape from the current awkward situation I’d been forced into.

Cole studied my face with calculating eyes. Sometimes it felt like he knew everything and I was just being played, but then I realize he can’t know all considering he is still speaking to me. “There are so many people here,” I whispered staring around all the masked figures who had taken up to talking in clusters of people talking.

“My good people! Please join us in feast,” Corban gregarious voice echoed through the hall as he stood at the head table. Instantly people found their places scattered across the dining hall.

Cole glanced down at me with a reluctant look on his face. “Go ahead. I’ll be fine. Daniel is here,” I told him ushering away. Tonight felt so much like my past. It felt incredible to say the least. As Cole ambled off towards the royal table he glanced back at me again and again. Moments later Daniel plopped down beside me with a grin.

“He’s taking this well. I do believe we took him completely by surprise,” Daniel told me in a jolly voice.

“I believe we did,” I mused. Quickly people were seated all around us sharing the table. It surprised me to see Daniel’s father sitting across from us with an easy grin on his face. Up close I could see his age more clearly. From a distance he looked as young and fresh as any vampire, but now I could see the dark circles under his eyes, the slight wrinkles of time appearing, and the ever so subtle thinning of hair. It reminded me of what Blaire had said, he was losing it. He was losing his mental and physical capabilities.

The man’s scarlet eyes stared me down. They almost appeared to be glazed over as if he couldn’t quite see what everyone else was seeing. It was intimidating to say the least. “Who is the MUTT?” Daniel’s father grumbled.

Instantly Daniel’s head snapped in his direction, and he began to glare him down. “I don’t know what you’re talking about father. Perhaps you should take some medication,” Daniel’s voice was calm and even. My breath quickened. How did he figure it out so fast? Didn’t Daniel say his entire family was behind me? Suddenly my content and calm state had completely disappeared.

The other nobles seated about the table glanced in my direction curiously as if they were trying to decipher my species. My brain told me it was impossible considering all the different scents running through the room, but still I couldn’t put my unease to rest. In fact my mind was becoming dizzy at an astonishing rate as I attempted to pick out my own scent in the mesh. Blaire had cleverly covered my collar with a sleek black choker necklace that looked almost like a ribbon. They would never be able to tell unless they already had me figured out.

“Calm down, they don’t know,” Daniel whispered in my ear, “I can tell.” Nodding, I attempted to relax back in my seat. Corban had started his long intricate speech that I’m nearly positive someone else wrote for him.

“I believe in our future. We will have dominance,” Corban’s echoed through the hall. Abigail’s sadistic grin sickened me to the very core. “Now dinner is served,” Corban announced. Just like every night in the past week, the slaves that had once been standing casually along the wall stepped forward and placed the meals in front of us.

It took every ounce of self restraint to not dig into the hefty portion of pasta like an animal. My stomach growled in craving. Living on the meager portions of food provided to the slaves was a hard task. My true princess training shown through as I carefully cut the meat making sure to keep pace with everyone else at the table. Tonight was going to be far harder than I originally planned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun Dun! Let it begin. It turns out I have like five chapters worth of ball stuff lol
Hope you guys like it :)
The long awaited confession is in the next chapter...or is it?
Comment lovelies!