Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 36

Image
This banner was created by the lovely xmhmitsmex from Quizilla. She is incredible. I freaking love the red mask. :)

Chapter 36

Cole and I broke into the ballroom hand in hand. My eyes truly scanned the crowd for the first time. If I hadn’t been so focused on myself I would have noticed the familiar people scattered through out the grand room. As I surveyed the people I was shocked to find just how many of the guests I could point out to be werewolves. They were blended so well. It never occurred to me that Troy would do exactly what the vampires had done to us.

“There’s going to be an attack,” I stuttered to Cole. My heart was beating wildly as I tried to remain calm. My eyes searched anxiously for a glimpse of Troy.

“What are you talking about?” Cole hissed grasping ahold of my wrist and tugging me back towards him. Confusion was etched into his features. I wished I could explain the situation, but not only did I not have time, I also didn’t fully understand myself.

What was Troy’s first move? My mind reeled with everything I had learned about strategy. If I were Troy who would my first target be? Think Gabby.

The answer was so easy I nearly screamed. I darted through the crowd knocking dancing couples out of the way as I went. Cole was in the back of my mind as I ran towards my mission. I had to beat Troy. He didn’t know what he was doing. He didn’t understand. This wasn’t going to fix anything. It would only increase the resentments and prejudices the races already had.

My eyes locked onto my tiny target.

King Edmund stood off to the side next to Kayli giggling. He looked dashing wearing yet another mini suit with a royal purple undershirt. I didn’t stop running until I was in front of the pair. Locking into my instincts I crouched down into a defensive position looking for any impending threats. “Gabby what’s going on,” Edmund asked curiously.

“Nothing honey,” I mumbled. Quickly I glanced around for Bennett. It didn’t take long for me to find him leaning against the wall staring at us. Grasping ahold of Edmund’s wrist I lead him over to his protector. “Bennett, take him to his room and guard him,” I demanded before turning back towards the crowd. Where on earth was Troy?

A sharp scream broke the playful, energetic party scene. My head snapped in the direction.

I saw a massive ball of fur, claws, and teeth grasping ahold of Corban’s throat. Mistress Abigail was standing beside her husband screaming her lungs out. It was like scene from a horror movie. It brought back everything I’d seen on my eighteenth birthday. People were ripping out of their clothes as they let their wolves loose. They were on a rampage. They were here to kill.

What do I do? I was confused beyond belief and disoriented. People were fighting all around me.

“Dearest Night Mother guide me,” I whispered under my breath as I darted between the fighting figures looking for a way to take control. Master Corban had been vanquished leaving Edmund and Cole in line for the throne. The thought hit me like a ton of bricks. What about Cole?

It had never really occurred that when I ran off Cole might be next. Before I even understood what I was doing I screamed out over the growling and fighting going on around me. “Cole!” my voice was loud and clear breaking through the noise like a knife. My head snapped around as I looked for him.

That’s when I felt it. A hand grasped around my wrist. A deep growl was emitted from my throat earning shocks up and down my spine. My collar really kicked in at the worst times. I turned around to meet the familiar blue eyes that belonged to the very person I’d been looking for. “Come on Gabby,” Cole urged, “We have to get out of here.” He attempted to guide me through the horror.

I couldn’t leave. There was something I had to do. I had to stop the death and the horror before it was lost beyond control. This couldn’t go on anymore. “No Cole there is something I have to do,” I told him looking for a place to do what I was about to do.

It had clicked in my mind so easily. It was what I was born to do. It was my destiny. My purpose was to unite the races. Cole was confused and horrified as he watched climb up on top of a table in an attempt to make myself tall. “Everybody stop!” I screamed. My voice was full of dominance, power, and control, but nobody listened, not that I actually expected them to stop.

So I did it again. “As your Alpha and your Princess I command you to stop and obey,” my voice was clear and distinct. It was laced with the power that only an Alpha could wish to have.

The wolves stopped instantly to the surprise of their vampire counter parts. They stared at me completely mesmerized by what I was saying. Their minds were being challenged, they could feel their allegiance waver. Well everyone except for Troy who took this opportunity to pull himself out of the grasps of vampire guards and walk towards me. Without the slightest sense of embarrassment he came towards me as a naked man. It was common enough for me to see, but it seemed to startle the vampires. Blood covered him around his mouth and all the way down his chest.

“Who do you think you are?” he growled at me.

Sometimes my cousin was an idiot and this was one of those times. Slowly I took off my mask and stared down at him, “I am Princess Gabriella Storm, your cousin.” Shock was written across his face as he dropped to his knees at his feet muttering apologies, not that I really listened because my eyes were focused on Cole who looked completely and utterly horrified. He wouldn’t meet my eyes. He stared anywhere else but me. How could this happen so soon?

Cole hated me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you excited? Finally Gabby has admitted it to...EVERYBODY!
Comment me lovelies :)