Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 43

Image

Chapter 43

“How could you even say that?” I snapped at the old man anger evident in my eyes. This morning had been far from the walk in the park one would hope. Cole had been forced to attend to the kingdom’s financial business while I was forced to deal with the twenty something asshole advisors. They were so heatless and old that they no longer had any compassion for others. They didn’t understand what it was like to live in poverty.

The man rolled his eyes in response. They never seemed to take me seriously. “I’m simply stating that it would be far cheaper and easier if we were to create blood mills instead of out sourcing for blood. We would feed the humans well and take a pint a day. Nothing to major,” the man argued.

The very concept horrified me. How could we possibly justify taking even more humans into this world do be boarded up into factories where they may as well be slaves. “Absolutely not,” I declared leaning back in my comfortable chair staring at the men surrounding me. They seemed so…sleazy.

“Your highness,” a quiet voice called out from the back of the room. I was surprised to see Tina emerge from the crowd smiling ever so slightly at me. Upon gaining my royal status back, I did not hesitate to free Tina. It was devastating to know that it was simply out of the question for her to return home, but the least I could do is make her stay as comfortable and lively as possible. She had taken very well to the idea of remaining in the castle and becoming somewhat of an aid for me.

“What is it Tina?” I asked flashing her a polite smile. It took the advisors by surprise because I’d done nothing but glare and snap at them all morning. Serves them right. Disgusting little pigs.

Tina was quick to explain, “There is man here to see you. He says here to show his designs for the wedding dresses. Blaire recommended him.” I nodded to her. The thought of planning the wedding didn’t excite me in the least, but at this point in time anything was better than being cooped up in a room with these old snobs.

“This meeting is adjourned until this afternoon,” I announced flicking my wrist towards the door for them to exit. I could sense that many of them were becoming increasingly distressed by lack of bending to their will. Corban and Abigail had hardly done anything when they gained power so it was a rather large change.

Moments later Tina brought in a slender, young looking man. He was wearing a tailored suit with a lime green bow tie. His hair was gelled and styled. Everything about him screamed designer. He looked so…edgy. Blaire had been right to send him my way. It was infuriating having to look at all the traditional dresses.

“Hello your highness. My name is Edwardo,” he greeted me bowing slightly. I quickly flicked my wrist to indicate to him he could stand at ease. “Now from what I’ve heard about your dress I came up with a few sketches.”

Quickly he pulled out a folder full of papers and tugged out one that contained a rough sketch of my wedding dress. As I stared at his intricate craft I was enamored. It was perfect. I had not realized how badly I had wanted something like it before. In the beginning I had simply been choosing aspects of dresses that I have always liked in the past, but now, with that sketch, it became real.

“You like it,” said Edwardo beaming. His white, pearly teeth were jagged like any vampire’s, but for whatever reason they appeared particularly well kept on him. “Well this is good news, now all we have to do is take measurements, and then I’ll show you my plans for the bridesmaids’ dresses.” In a short second he had a measuring tape in his hand.

I had taken many measurements before over the years. Often times it was deemed necessary to have a specially made out fit for an event. Before my time in slavery I would be able to reveal my precise measurements, but during slavery I had lost a fair amount of weight. It didn’t bother me in the least standing up strait and tall allowing Edwardo to measure off every aspect of my slender frame.

It was such an ordinary task that I hadn’t noticed something was off.

It never occurred to me nobody would think to check. Upon measuring my waist my eye caught sight Edwardo pulling out a shiny metal object from his pocket. My heart skipped a beat. Something in my mind screamed it was silver, but it was to late. If I had been able to calculate what was going on around me two seconds quicker I would have been able to attack. My wolf could have pinned down the man and bared its teeth into his flesh. But that didn’t happen because no one’s mind was that quick.

Instead I felt the scalding hot pain of silver and flesh together. Edwardo had plunged the silver scissors strait into my stomach. The thick scent of burning flesh filled my nostrils as I doubled over in pain and fell to the floor. A sharp whimper escaped my lips. Suddenly the man pulled the scissors out only to plunge them into my stomach again. And again.

I’d never felt such intense excruciating pain in my life. Something was different from any kind of silver I’d ever encountered. My vision was blurring. Slowly black dots began to appear. As I stared up horrified at Edwardo his image was completely distorted. “Stop,” I whispered as he raised the scissors up again. My wolf wanted so badly to rip every piece of flesh off the man’s body, but I couldn’t. Somehow I had been poisoned at an alarming rate.

In a last desperate attempt I screamed as loud as I possibly could.

The door opened.

I never found out who opened the door because at that very moment everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Gabby never seems to be able to catch a break.
Now who saw that coming?
I didn't. Seriously out of nowhere I was like you know what, I think Edwardo should be evil.
Comment lovelies!