Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 47

Image
A special thanks to xmhmitsmex for her banner creating abilities!

Image
Thank you jo3yy for creating an awesome work of art!

Chapter 47

A brand new ruby ring was adorning my finger as I sat leisurely on a sofa surrounded by familiar faces. It was the eve of my wedding so naturally Blaire decided to get us all together for a nice little bash before. Over the last week we have found out absolutely nothing about the assassination attempt. Edwardo would not a reveal the slightest hint. Daniel tried to read his mind, but he was unable to. The theory behind it is that he must have had a witch’s spell cast on him.

I attempted to remain relaxed as I sat in between the gorgeous blond known as Blaire and the wild red head named Tina. There were a few other people I’d met during my time such as Tabby and my cousin Maddie. “What are we even doing tonight?” I whined.

For whatever reason I couldn’t seem to escape the sickening nervousness that had engulfed my body. Come on, seriously? I’m eighteen and not only am I getting married, but I’m also running the entire Otherworld. No one is mature enough for this!

“Well I’ve been thinking and it would only make sense for us to have a night on a town. We should go clubbing,” Blaire announced joyfully. As fun as a club sounded, I couldn’t kick the feeling that it just wouldn’t be safe or proper for me to go.

Tina sent Blaire a slight glare, before retorting, “I can hardly imagine Cole letting her going club when their wedding is tomorrow.” Tina of course was absolutely correct. Cole hardly ever let me out of his site. As if Edwardo’s assassination attempt wasn’t enough, but then for the man at the ring store to freak out at me. I was hardly surprised Cole was keeping tabs.

“What if we just stayed here?” Maddie asked in a soft voice. She often faded into the background unlike Tina and Blaire who both had strong opinions and no fear in sharing them. Her long, wavy hair was a light chestnut brown. It framed her oval face perfectly. Her light hazel eyes had always been full of innocence. She was one of the nicest people I’d ever met.

Blaire groaned, but nodded her head.

For the first couple days we’d been a little hesitant of Blaire, but Daniel assured us multiple times that her thoughts were clean. Besides it would have to be someone with far more power than she is. Right? I mean they had a witch on their side. Witches are practically unheard of. They live in the forest shrouded by trees. They only seen when they want other to see them. They follow no laws because they are their own. Each has their own code of ethics and morals.

Twenty minutes later I found myself sprawled out across the bed of one of the many random guest bedrooms awaiting Blaire to finish setting up my party. I had hardly really sat down and thought about the past, but now it came at me like a wave of truths. My father was not going to walk me down the isle. That hurt. My mother was not going to dress me up in my gown. That hurt. My best friend would never be my maid of honor. That hurt. I’d lost so much to stupid prejudices.

The door flew open revealing a giggling Tabby with her wild hair. “Come on Gabby! Let’s party,” she squeaked grabbing my wrist and driving me down the corridors into a random room. The room had been transformed into party central with ballon, streamers, music, and refreshments. Basically it was everything anyone would need for a preteen sleepover.

Wasn’t I cool? The night before my wedding and I was having a slumber party…my life is so lame.

My mind drifted to Cole. What was he doing right now? For whatever reason Cole deemed it okay for him to go out and about with minimal security, but when it came to me we have officially started going overboard. Maybe he was out clubbing with Daniel. The thought made me jealous. Not in the way that most girls are when they start freaking out thinking their guy is going to cheat. No I was jealous of how laid back he could still be.

“You okay Gabby?” Tina asked me. I hadn’t realized that I had been standing there absentmindedly while the other girls were giggling and dancing around foolishly. They seemed so carefree. I felt like an outsider.

I glanced over at my friend. Heck after everything I’d been through she was my best friend. I attempted to put on gregarious smile realizing it was far from pragmatic to be so upset on a momentous occasion. “What are we going to do first?” I asked adorning a real smile.

Tabby looked absolutely wild as she pranced around dancing like a crazy woman. She skipped right up to me and grabbed ahold of my wrists and drug me into the dance with her. Blaire giggled from beside us, before joining in. It was fun and innocent. I felt carefree as we held our own private party for a night. It felt strange not being in charge of every aspect. Time was lost as we danced our night away.

Somehow I found my way to the soft comfort of the couch. My eyes were shut and I was deep within my unconscious state of my mind.

A lady stood before me. She was tall, slender, and strong with long midnight colored hair and flawless skin the color of milk. Her eyes were a pale blue that only a blind woman could have. She towered over me. The mere sight of her made me drop to my knees. Everything about her was so overpowering. She was my Night Mother.

“My dear child, you have come so far,” she whispered to me. Her voice was so consuming it was like a thousand howls mixed into one.

A smile graced her lips as she stared at me with her blind eyes. “I am sorry to say that your fight is not over. The future is still as murky as it was in the beginning, but do not worry. Now is your time to celebrate. In due time your fight will be past on to someone else.”


My eyes fluttered open only to be met by the familiar dark night. It was time.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of a filler, but optimistically the next chapter is the WEDDING!
Are you excited?
I am...especially considering I haven't actually written it yet...don't hurt me!