Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 48

Image
I love xmhmitsmex! She is totally awesome :)

Chapter 48

People had come from everywhere. The richest of the rich and poorest of the poor had flooded the streets over night to witness the impossible. The war was over and the joining of the races had began. The thick scent of food was swirling around in the air as I sauntered around the blood rose garden just inside the castle walls. I could hear the sound of laughter and chatter occurring just on the other side. It was wonderful. Over the past few days I’d been behaving as though the wedding was all about me, but the fact was it was about everybody. We were all in it together.

Cole and I had decided to keep the old traditions alive for the most part so we were officially under separation until the moment I took the walk down the isle. Everything had come together so perfectly that I hardly had the inclination to even consider worrying about it. Although Claudia was completely off her rocker she was very organized and had everything down set and stone.

As I walked around I hummed lightly under my breath. I had no idea what time it was, but I was fairly certain Claudia, Blaire, and Tina would enforce my schedule with or without me agreeing to it.

Almost as if she was reading my thoughts, Claudia’s sharp voice broke my peaceful state, “Your highness it is time for you to put on your dress,” she called out. I glanced at her and was not surprised in the least to see her wearing a full fledged dress suit. She seemed to always be dressed as though she was going to some kind of interview.

I nodded politely to her and let her lead the way in silence. She was going to make absolutely sure Cole and I didn’t come within a hundred feet of each other the entire day. Upon entering the room that I guessed would be the one I would be getting ready in, I wasn’t surprised in the least to see Tabby grinning at me with her crazy hair and kind smile.

“Gabby don’t worry your little heart out,” she announced grasping my wrist and tugging me towards a chair placed in front of the vanity table, “I will make you look gorgeous.” I wasn’t worried. I wasn’t nervous. Nope not me. I was feeling excellent…

It wasn’t before long that Tabby was running her fingers through my hair as she twisted it up to a tight bun that had long golden brown curls spilling over the side. Then she worked her magic as she applied my make up in a subtle manner pushing for a natural look. It was funny how Tabby who caked on makeup and dyed her hair weekly decided to give a natural look. Shiny pink gloss made my lips sparkle under the light.

Time was flying as she worked continually. Finally she came to the decision that I looked perfect enough to put on my dress. It made me nervous to say the least. I hadn’t actually looked at the dress considering it arrived at the castle late last night. It was the only aspect that could possibly go wrong. What if it didn’t fit?

After the Edwardo incident Claudia took back control and found me a more than willing designer by the name of Tommy Grant. Slowly Tabby pulled down the zipper of the pitch black case that contained my dress revealing a scarlet colored dress beyond belief. My heart skipped a beat as I stared at. It was strapless with a tight corset top embroidered with shiny silver gems around the top and just below the waist. At the waist the dress came out in a full ball gown style with bunched and ruffled fabric. The train was longer than I ever expected, but it fit the style so well.

Quickly I stripped off my clothes craving to have the silky fabric touch my skin. I’d never wanted to put on a dress so badly in my life. Tabby helped me climb into it, before zipping up the back of the dress. It hurt a little to realize that my best friend, Maddie, and my mother would have been the ones to be dressing me up if they were still here. Early this morning I had found Roland, my father and I’s most loyal guard, and asked him to walk me down the aisle.

Being the kind and loving man he is, Roland accepted graciously. Actually he was completely flattered my request. “Gabby you are everything that we need in a queen,” Tabby praised as she placed a diamond encrusted tiara on my head. Unlike humans, werewolves wore a small black netted veil.

I smiled at her.

“Your highness,” Claudia yelled out from the other side of the door, “It is time to go.”

I didn’t put up a fight as ambled out the door and made my way down stairs. Out front in the court yard a carriage was waiting. It amused me how traditional it was. Over the years people with any wealth had positively switched to automobiles, but it was hardly personal to drive through the streets in a car. Roland, Bennett, and Edmund were awaiting me in the carriage.

Edmund was grinning wildly at me as he waved his arms.

The carriage itself was sleek and black with red roses lining the edges. I climbed in and took my seat with ease. Everything was going exactly as planned with a traditional wedding. As soon as I took my seat the carriage lurched forward heading strait for the streets. Now was the time for the annual ride through the streets. The time I got to spend with my people.

There was a series of guards dressed in full uniform in front of us as we rode out into the street. People were overflowing into the road as we passed. Screams and cheers could be heard from all around me. They were so happy. Something about a royal wedding just excited everybody. Children dreamed of being where I sat.

A gregarious smile adorned my lips as I waved whole-heartedly at the people around me. They were the reason I was here. I would do anything for them. If they demanded that I bring the peace by marrying a man I was completely and utterly in love with, I guess I could do that.

Only if I have to though.
♠ ♠ ♠
So maybe I didn't really get to the wedding, but I got freaking close lol
Only one chapter left and an epilogue (I think) :)