Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 49

Image

Chapter 49

Cheers and applause were overwhelming as I stepped out of the carriage in front of the cathedral. After much debate and research we picked a place that we felt accommodated both wolves and vampires. It had been a tricky deal, but staring up at the massive gloomy gray-bricked building I couldn’t help but be pleased. It was just dreary enough to add the edgy touch to the wedding fantasy I had developed in the past two weeks.

Roland stuck out his arm to lead me. A grin was plastered across his face as I accepted it. Step by step we walked up the steps towards the cathedral. I could vaguely make out the sound of people screaming encouragement. A small smile played on my lips as I waved at them. “You’re going to do great, Gabby,” Roland whispered in my ear.

I had hardly realized that my heart was pounding spastically. Embracing my confident demeanor I continued my steps forward. Everything was moving so quickly I could hardly figure out what was going on. Edmund was running up the steps ahead of us. As soon as I walked through the threshold my life of being an eighteen-year-old princess without a care in the world would officially be over. I would be married. I would have responsibilities. I would have a future.

Claudia stood off to the side ordering people about as I entered the cathedral. The once mindless chatter that had consumed the interior of the building stopped. As I glanced around I saw my friends and family. Everyone I had left had come with a smile on their face. I did my best to ignore the presence of rich nobles who had no stake in my newfound government. My cousins Troy and Maddie sat in the front row. They were the closest family I had that remained.

Finally after taking in all the silent people around me I glanced down at the end of the aisle where Cole stood nervous as ever. He was wearing a deep, ebony black suit with a scarlet red undershirt. His hair was styled to be perfectly untamed and wild. It was probably the most attractive I’ve ever seen him. A quiet smile graced my lips. Okay so maybe the smile had never actually left my lips, but you know what I mean.

Daniel stood to the side taking the spot of best man while Tina and Blaire stood opposite wearing forest green bridesmaid dresses. Everything looked spectacular with the raised ceilings and chandeliers dangling from the roof. Giant archways hung off to the sides leading to other rooms. There was hardly enough room for everybody so some were forced to stand at the back. I attempted to ignore the security guards dotting the hall.

“Are you ready?” Roland asked me concerned. I had hardly noticed I’d been standing there at the threshold of the door not moving. One glance at Cole and I could see the worry written across his face.

I nodded to Roland and took a step forward. Claudia had grabbed ahold of Edmund and was now leading him down the aisle right before Roland and I. Perhaps it would have been smarter of me to find out exactly what order this thing was going.

Cole grinned at me as I walked towards him. It felt like a lifetime since I last saw him. It took a fair amount of willpower not to throw my arms around his neck and kiss him. Roland passed me off to him at the end of the aisle. I approached Cole with a grin. Cole reached out and grabbed ahold of my hand before pulling me towards him. “You look perfect,” he whispered eyeing the blood red dress.

“My dear people,” Sir Harold, the elder vampire who had wed his fair share of elite vampire couples, began the ceremony, “We gather here to bring together not just Queen Gabriella Storm and Cole Sterling, but two different species.”

As Sir Harold continued he turned towards Cole and said in a very distinct voice, “The woman beside you will be your wife. You must always stand by her side and treat her with love and respect.”

Cole responded with ease, “Today, with the world as my witness, I promise to face everything with you. To stand by your side no matter what occurs in the future. To love you until the end of time. I take you as my wife.”

It was my turn. Sir Harold repeated a familiar line to me.

My mind was working on over drive as I spurt out the lines I had memorized over the last few days, “With the blessing of the Night Mother and world as my witness, I promise to take you into my pack. I will stand beside you no matter what the future holds. I promise to love you until the end of time. I take you as my husband.”

“The rings, with no beginning and no end, symbolizes the love that both Gabriella and Cole feel for each other. May the presence on their fingers be a visible symbol of their promise to become husband and wife,” Harold continued ushering for the rings. Edmund took a couple steps forward clutching a deep green pillow that contained both Cole and I’s wedding rings.

I smiled down at the nervous child and picked of the slender gold wedding band that was my gift to Cole. Slowly I reached out and grasped Cole hand. With ease I placed the ring on his finger grinning wildly. Cole in return picked up the other ring and placed on the same finger that held my engagement ring. My two rings fit together perfectly. They appeared to be the same ring with a large intricate design.

Cole and I stared in each other’s eyes, paying no attention to any of the people around us.

“Until now Gabriella and Cole have spent their lives as two as separate individuals. But from this day on, and every day after their each moment shall be shared and spent as one. By the power enthroned in me by the crown, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride.”

Without a second thought Cole removed the vale and placed his lips on mine in a kiss. Moments later I wrapped my arms around his neck intensifying the kiss. Before I even realized what had occurred he lifted me up off the ground and swung me around in the circle causing giggles to erupt from my mouth.

Sir Harold looked completely amused by our flirtatious ways. He had trouble continuing but eventually he manage to sputter out his last line in a loud imposing voice.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Queen Gabriella Sterling and King Cole Sterling.”

Cheers erupted in the crowds through out the city.
♠ ♠ ♠
I must say that in order for me to post the EPILOGUE tomorrow. I will require some encouragement such as COMMENTS. Please oblige to my wishes :)
Love you guys!