Status: on hiatus.

Bettering The Bruises

Counseling Session

I sighed as I headed to the consoler’s office just two weeks later. I had tried multiple times to get out of this little session, but each time failed. Ms. P only told me that this was going to be good for both Finn and I, but I highly doubted it.

When I arrived to the glass walls my breath hitched. Finn was fully visible and talking to Ms. Pillsbury about Lord knows what. He was probably already getting her on his fake side. Him and his stupid charmer ways always worked.

I walked in and sat in the chair beside him. His eyes were hopeful when he realized I had not scooted my chair away from him at all. Ms. P smiled at us. “Alright, are you two ready?”

“Yes,” Finn said hopefully as he looked at me longingly.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” I muttered as I crossed my arms and legs.

“Well, let’s begin with how you two met and got together,” she said with a big smile plastered on her face.

Finn gestured for me to start out as politely as he could. He was already trying to get me on his good side, but that wasn’t going to work. I was weak, but not that weak. “Well, we met through football. My boyfriend, Jake, was on the team and one day we had a bit of an incident. Finn and my friend, Puck, helped me out of it.”

I stopped and Finn continued on. “Some more incidents happened through that week and I helped her along with Puck. We became good friends and it all kind of fell into place. That’s how it really happened.”

“Well that’s very sweet,” she observed. “How long was it until you guys dated?”

I looked down shamefully. “Two weeks.”

“Ah,” she nodded. “Maybe you guys rushed into it too quickly?”

“I doubt that’s the actual problem,” I stated sternly. “I think it’s the fact that he thinks with his penis instead of his brain.”

“That’s not true,” Finn slammed his hands on the sides of the chair.

“Then why the hell did you cheat on me, huh?! Please explain this to me,” I turned and gave him a stern look.

“Hold on you two,” Ms. Pillsbury said worriedly. “Please calm down.”

“If you’d let me explain myself, then I’d tell you! But you never give me three seconds to speak,” he threw his hands up in the air.

“Well you have all the time in the world right now, please, do tell me,” I rolled my eyes.

“Stop it!” she yelled and we turned to see her eyes closed and her panting. I heard she tended to get nervous during conflict, but I didn’t suspect it to be this bad.

“I’m truly sorry Ms. P,” Finn sunk back into his seat and looked away from me.

“No you’re not,” I whispered under my breath.

“How would you know?” he stood up dumbly.

I followed his lead. “Because I know exactly how your brain works. You try to get everyone on your side so you make the people you hurt look bad.”

“Oh, well you didn’t think that until I cheated on you,” he responded.

“That’s because I didn’t know you were like that until I experienced it,” I crossed my arms in anger.

“Maybe you should get a clue with guys. We’re not perfect and we make mistakes. You’re too naïve to realize that. And you’re too naïve to realize that you actually have flaws, that you’re not perfect. You try to be this perfect little girl but you’re a mess on the inside,” he
scoffed.

Tears started to fill my eyes as he said those last words. “I may not have the best life ever; maybe I take care of my sister all the time, maybe my mom is never home, maybe my father doesn’t care, but I know I have flaws. I know I’m not perfect, and that I never will be. And
maybe I am a mess, but I’m not stupid. Not anymore anyway.”

I nodded to Ms. Pillsbury before walking out of the glass office with a normal step. I could hear Finn banging his head on the glass as I continued on. I wiped my eyes and tried to stay strong. The last thing I needed was yet another cry fest for someone to pick me up off my feet.

I plastered a smile on my face as people I knew waved and passed me by. I didn’t need people to think I was all weak all the time. I’m still strong, and I could prove it to everyone. And I was then determined to do so.

“What’s wrong?” Puck’s voice said to me once he was suddenly beside me.

“The counseling session was this morning,” I stated with the smile not leaving my face.

“Oh,” he looked down. “Well I have something that might cheer you up.”

“What?” I asked curiously.

“Tonight I’m having a party at my house, and you’re invited,” he smiled widely at me.
I gave him an odd look. “ Are you kidding me? Me at a party? Uh, no.”

“Oh come on, it will help, really!” he stated innocently.

“But-“ I began.

“No buts, you’re coming and I’ll be at your house tonight at 8! Bye!” he replied as he walked off in the other direction before I could oppose. I guess I was going to a party tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! Sorry it took so long for me to update :/ my bad! I realy don't have any good excuse, so I won't annoy you with the details. So, what do you think? Jenna and Puck at a party... hmm... predictions? So you might get another update this week because 1. i feel bad for not updating 2. I'm on spring break. So yeah :). Anyway, huge thanks to the commenters:
blueskittles
Just Exhale
tajeenharlee
Little-C
broseph
onlythegooddieyoung
Lauren Loves... ;D
JennaRae
Please, please keep up the comments - it means the world :D. love you all.