Status: on hiatus.

Bettering The Bruises

Trash Cans

The entire day was actually not as terrible as I expected. I only had one class with Jake, and though Finn wasn’t there, his girlfriend, Quinn, was. He asked her to help me keep away from him, and she did. Plus, we got to know each other, and I now quite like her. Being that she was the captain of the Cheerios, I thought she would be different, but I was proven wrong.

I was a little scared for lunch, but that went through pretty well too. Finn sat with Jake that day with the rest of the players, so he kept a good eye on him. Mercedes still had no idea about what was going on, only that I broke up with Jake, and that Finn and I are now miraculously friends.

As I got my remaining things into my backpack, I slammed my locker door, and got on my way. Students were still chatting around, but I needed to get to football practice, because Finn was going to drive me home. Mercedes had a dentist appointment, and she had to leave school an hour early, so she didn’t come back, meaning no ride.

I decided that I had no time to lose, so I took a walk around the school grounds first. The scenery wasn’t great, but it was better than watching the football team. The boy who used to be my boyfriend, who hit me, and now hates me is there. Plus, the boy who I thought was the sweetest man on earth, who turned out to be a bit of a douche bag, is there too. So, I’m avoiding as much of it as I can.

When I got by the dumpster, I heard rustling in the bushes nearby. I stopped dead in my tracks, then took a better look. I got closer, and then realized it was probably just some rabbit or squirrel or something. I was soon proven wrong.

Jake popped out with a huge smirk on his face. My eyes grew wide as I began to run with all my might. I was too slow though, because he grabbed me from behind as I cried out with much force.

“Help!” I screamed loudly, hoping somebody would hear me. My legs flailed around wildly, trying to get out of his firm grip.

“Oh, Jenna darling, whatever is wrong?” He said with a chuckle. How could I not realize this guy was a complete creep? I think I was still in love with the boy I met freshman year, the gentlemen. The one who opened doors for me, and kissed me gently. That all changed sophomore year, when his big head got filled from the football team.

“Please let go of me Jake,” I spoke, as tears slid down my cheeks, one by one. I don’t know what he was going to do, but I knew it wasn’t going to be good. So, I continued kicking and screaming.

“You know I’m a lot stronger than you, Jenna. So, I suggest you just let be what will be. It’s not like I’m going to hurt you,” he stated, as we got closer to the dumpsters. “Much anyway.”

He then tossed me into the massive bin, which was nearly empty. The fall hurt, my back got thrown out because of the huge amount of trash in the middle, and not on the sides. Plus, the smell was absolutely revolting. And it didn’t help that the garbage was going into all areas of my clothing at the moment.

“Ah, where you belong, the trash,” Jake smirked widely. “I’m off to practice, see you soon dear.”

I tried to get up out of the humongous bin, but my back hurt too much to move much. I decided that the only way to get out, was to grab the sides with a swift movement, then pull myself up. As I tried to swing myself over, my body gave up on me, and I fell harshly back down into the trash can.

“Shit,” I muttered to myself. Though I hated to bother Finn, I had to get out of there, and now.

I pulled the phone out of my side pocket, and sent a message to Finn, “I’m sorry, but please help me. I’m in the dumpster outside of the building.

A quick reply was sent back, “How the hell did that happen?! I’ll be out in a second.”

I quickly heard the sound of running steps coming towards me, and I was thankful for meeting Finn earlier that week. If I wouldn’t have, life would seriously be a living hell right now.

“Oh jeez Jenna,” Finn made a sad face. “Put your arms up, I’ll lift you from there.”

I reached up as high as my arms would go, then he then grabbed me, and pulled me up. I was quickly placed up against him, even though I smelled terrible, and my body was filled with garbage, it didn’t seem to bother Finn.

“What happened?” Finn asked.

“Jake jumped out at me, and then threw me in there,” I admitted.

“Dammit, does he honestly need another lesson?” his face filled with anger quickly.

“No, he doesn’t,” I replied quickly. “But, can you help me to the bathroom to get cleaned up? He threw me in pretty hard, and my back is killing me.”

He sighed. “Sure thing. Why were you even out here?”

We began walking when I spoke again, “I wanted to take a walk, mostly to avoid Jake, but it turned against me. He was waiting there.”

We were nearly to the bathroom, when we saw Puck walking out. That’s really the last person I wanted to see at that moment, I was still somewhat angry with what he does to those people. Now I really know what it’s like to be tossed in the dumpster, and it’s not fun. Though I bet he only does it when it’s filled with trash, not when there is barely anything in it.

“Whoa, what happened to you?” he looked me up and down, just realizing the trash that coated my body.

“She got thrown in the dumpster by the asshole on our team. She needs to get cleaned up, so I’m taking her there,” Finn answered for me.

“Well, I can help her. You are the quarterback, you need to be at practice. I can afford to be late, you can’t,” Puck pointed out.

Finn contemplated it for a minute. “You’re right. Please go clean her up. Her back hurts, so you’ll need to help her walk.”

“That’s fine,” Puck added, as I was shifted from one man to the other. I didn’t really want Puck to be helping me, but I was thankful that he was willing either way.

Once we made it to the girl’s bathroom, he set me up swiftly on the bathroom counter, “I’m going to go get a chair, so we can wash the gunk out of your hair first, okay? Then, I’ll leave you in here to change into some clothes.”

“Okay, thanks,” I stated, as he smiled and left the room. Why was he now being so nice? Should I talk to him about how I’m kind of mad about what he does? Maybe I should, maybe this incident will make him realize how much it hurts to get thrown in there.

He came back with a chair, which he instantly sat me on. He helped me wash some of it out of my hair, which I was surprised by. Not many guys would do that for a girl, hell, most boys don’t even know how. After we were finished, I dried my hair somewhat, then put it up in a ponytail.

“Alright, do you need to go to your locker to get clothes?” he questioned.

“Well, I have pants in there,” I paused. “But, I don’t have a shirt.”

“I can give you my shirt if you don’t care. That way you’ll be clean,” he suggested.

“Sounds good,” I smiled, as he took me off the chair, and we walked arm in arm to first my locker, then the boys locker room.

It smelled of sweat of course, and it had clothes scattered throughout the benches. He walked up to his locker, and took out the blue shirt he had been wearing earlier in the day.

“Here,” he handed me the shirt. “That should work, it’ll probably be big, you know with my muscles and all.”

“Oh yeah Puck, I’m sure it will be,” I rolled my eyes playfully.

“By the way, you sure you don’t want to wear my pants of Finn’s?” he asked.

“Yeah, I am,” I hesitated. “They would fall off of me in a matter of seconds.”

“That’s not necessarily a bad thing,” Puck winked.

I slapped his arm. “You’re such a perv!”

“Oh come on,” he said. “At least I’m a nice one.”

“You are nice, for the most part,” I spoke as he gave me an odd look, but continued to take me to the bathroom.

“Alright, are you good now? Or would you like me to stay until you get changed?” he questioned.

“No I’m fine,” I assured him. “Thanks for helping me though. You two tend to do that a lot for me.”

“Eh, don’t mention it. It’s what being a good guy is about. I’ll see you around then, okay?” he said.

“Of course,” I smiled, as he walked out of the bathroom, and to practice. He was already thirty minutes late, but he didn’t seem in any sort of rush. Thank goodness I had these two, I’d be screwed without them.

But it still makes me wonder why Puck can change so drastically. When it’s just him and I, it’s like we’re long time friends. But when we get with other people, he barely gives me a second glance. Well, if it continues to happen, then I’ll talk to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! So, I'm pretty content with this chapter I think, and I hope you all like it too :). So, I'm completely happy as hell about the feedback I've been getting for this story, it's amazing. I want to thank every one of my 21 subscribers, and 41 commenters, I honesty appreciate it so much. Thanks for the comments last chapter guys:
LunaLovegoodq
Street.
broseph
cho-nee-dono
Kinkeh Dinosaurs
AllySmith
imkatiekoo14
Ava Marie
VampBabe
Dreaming in Shadow
too shy to scream.
asking alex.
PaperClipBracelets
Like I said, the feedback is amazing! Please, oh please, keep it coming! Now, I know that Jenna seems like a total wimp so far, but I promise she's not all like that :). Not sure when next chapter will be out, but I'll try and make it somewhat soon :). Now, what do you think of Finn and Puck so far? Hate Jake even more now? Alright, that's about it, other than this: I have a new story that is coming soon, it is just a summary so far. It'd be great if you'd read it! Of course it's Glee :) It's called Aftermath. Also, if you guys are big writers, I suggest checking out this new writing site I've recently joined called Scrawler it's really fun! I'm Melissa if you guys would like to add me :). Anyway, that really is it, bye guys! Love you all :D <3!