Status: on hiatus.

Bettering The Bruises

The Idea

I patted soothing circles on to Finn’s back. His room was somewhat messy, but I didn’t care. I felt so bad for him, he was an absolute mess. This crying had been going on for about a half hour by now. Mercedes had to take us to his house, since he could barely drive on his own. Even though my shopping day was cut short, I was happy to help him. I really wish I could help him more, but he hasn’t talked since the word pregnant.

Another loud wail was sounded from Finn’s mouth. Gosh, I hated seeing him like this. It’s hard to believe someone who is so strong, can also be so weak. I swear he’s cried so much that I could smell the tears on my shirt. But, I’m glad he’s getting this out, everyone needs to cry.

That’s when he straightened his body up, and wiped his eyes of the many tears still left. I could tell he was trying to compose himself, but he didn’t need too. I definitely didn’t mind.

“You better now?” I asked hopefully.

He took a deep breath. “Slightly better, thanks Jenna.”

I could tell that it was still bothering him. “Do you want to talk or anything?”

He gave me another sad look. More tears started to fill his eyes as he leaned back into me. I hugged him tighter, as more wails and sobs were heard. Guess talking was not an option.

I heard his voice mumble something. I didn’t catch it though, because his voice was muffled from my shirt.

“Finn? What’d you say?” I asked him, still patting his back lightly.

He got up once more, and sighed. “It’s hard for me to say. I’m so mad, yet so sad at the same time. I want to punch the shit out of his face, but then I want to curl up like a baby and cry. I don’t know what to do, Jenna.”

My face turned to confusion. Who does he want to punch? It’s obviously not Quinn, but it has to do with the baby. “Wait, who do you want to punch?”

“Puck,” he gritted his teeth roughly.

If I was confused before, I was mind blown about now. Where the hell did this Puck thing come around? I mean yeah, he can be a bit of a jerk, but a punch in the face? No, definitely not. “What did Puck do?”

Finn stood up and held his head tightly. “I’m not the father of that baby inside of Quinn!”

“W-what?” I stuttered. How is he not the father? Was Quinn whoring around? That’s so un-like her though. That’s more something one of her Cheerio friends would do, but not her. That’s when it all clicked. He wants to punch Puck, and Quinn’s baby is not his.

“Quinn and Puck had sex, and she is now carrying his baby!” he yelled. I was slightly frightened by his anger, but I knew not to judge him. He wasn’t getting mad at me, just Quinn and Puck.

I got off of his bed, and made my way to him. That’s when I put my hands on his arms and began to speak, “Listen Finn. You have to calm down.”

“I don’t want to calm down!” he ripped his arms from my grip, as he slammed his dresser drawer hard against the floor. I’ve never seen him like this, and I was actually somewhat afraid of him.

“Finn!” I yelled, hoping that it would get him to stop. “You have to! You’re going crazy. Look at what you’re doing!”

His face softened slightly as I yelled at him. When people first meet me, they think I’m extremely shy. But, that changes a lot when I get to know someone. And now that I consider Finn and myself friends, I’m willing to do anything for him. Even if it does include yelling at the top of my lungs.

“I’m sorry Jenna. I’m acting out of line,” he admitted. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine,” I smiled slightly. “But listen, you have to take a breather. Puck is your absolute best friend. Quinn is the girl you’re in love with.”

He scoffed. “Apparently he isn’t, since he got my girlfriend pregnant! And not anymore, I broke up with her.”

“That doesn’t mean you don’t have feelings for her. You know you still love her,” I told him. “And yes he is, he loves you too. He can just be an idiot sometimes.”

He huffed. “You’re telling me.”

“Just please explain to me this whole Quinn and Puck mess,” I said lightly, as I sat down in the middle of his bed.

He sat down next to me. “I figured out from Rachel. She told me that it was actually Puck’s baby, and that all of Glee club knows. I thought it wasn’t true, so I confronted her about it. That’s when she started to cry and apologize like crazy. Then, she admitted that it was Puck’s. I was about to go ballistic, but Mr. Schue stopped me, that’s when I went to the mall to figure shit out. Then you came along. Thank goodness you did, because I was about five minutes away from going to Puck’s house.”

I gave him a sympathetic look as I leaned into him. “Oh, Finn, I’m so sorry.”

He wrapped his left arm around me. “It’s okay Jen, it’s all good. Thank you for helping me. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

“What else are friends for man,” I smiled and nudged him in the side.

“Eh, that’s true.” he smiled in return. “But, what am I going to do about this? I can’t just not go all out at Puck when I see him next.”

“I really can’t help you out there,” I admitted. “Though I can try and keep you from him at all costs possible. That still doesn’t help your Quinn problems though.”

“Well, I just have to pretend I’m okay. If I do that, and act strong, it’ll be all good,” he sighed.

I knew that wasn’t enough for him. I knew that he wanted to be with her. But how could anyone do that to themselves? It’d be torture to know your girlfriend is carrying your best friend’s baby. That’d would be like Mercedes carrying Jake’s baby while we were going out. Talk about brutal.

“I know it’s hurting you Finn, I know it’s killing you. But you have to stay strong,” I voiced. But, it was terrible advice, it was just re-stating what he already knew.

“I know you’re right, I just have to come up with a way to make it seem like I’m okay,” he trailed off.

I contemplated with him, idea through stupid idea. I first thought that he could get a new look, but that’d be stupid. Then I thought he could travel in a group, but that idea was soon discarded as well. That’s when Finn began to speak. That’s when an idea so ridiculous, so stupid, so life changing happened.

His face perked up instantly as the words came out of his mouth, “I have an idea. I can get a fake girlfriend! That way she’ll see that I’m over her!”

“That’s actually not that bad of an idea. Who do you have in mind?” I asked.

He smiled widely, “You.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! So, this is kind of a surprise I'm hoping. Anyway, what do you think of this idea? What will you think it will lead to? Anyway, got a lot of subscribers last chapter, and I'm happy for that :D. Just three more readers and I'll have my next star, and I'm estatic! So, thank you so much to these commenters:
imkatiekoo14
RevengeItIs
blueskittles
MaskedBeauty
cho-nee-dono
almost.fearless
i saw sparks
Ava Marie
I really, really appreciate it, and I'm hoping for more next chapter :). I have 33 subscribers, so I think I can get a lot of comments, so can we try to get some please? So silent readers, please get some comments out there please :D! Also, I have a story called I've Seen Sparks Fly. I really am in love with writing it, but I'm lacking in the feedback department :/. So, could you just please check out chapter one, which is really short, and leave a small comment? That'd be really, really amazing if you could :). Also, for anyone that is interested, I'm starting a new Cory Motheith/ Mark Salling fan fic in the near future, so if you are intereted in reading it, let me know in the comment. And I'll let you know when the first chapter/summary is up :). Anyway, thank you to all of you amazingly lovely people. Thank you with all of my heart <3!