Status: active

Scars of my past...

Marcos. #4

Great it is already a crappy monday and to top it off I have to start the 'Buddy Program' today.

I get here at 3:30 to keep peace with Eric.

When I arrive I see most of the people here along with there counselors. "Marcos, over here." calls Eric.

I walk over to where he is standing. He hands me a clip board and says " You need to sign this, it says you promise to be on your best behavior on the buddy program."

"Really?" I ask skeptically.

"I thought my entire life was already signed over to you. Suddenly I get to make my own choices?"

"No you don't. That's why I'm going to make you sign it weather you like it or not." I sign the paper and hand it back to him.

"Good, now you can go next to the bus where the rest of the kids are. We'll be leaving soon." I nodded an walked over the to there's of the group.

I recognize a guy called Jose sitting across from a small girl at one of the picnic tables. Jose is part of the West Side Devils, who are close with DC.

"Hey, Jose, what landed you in this place?" I asked. Taking a seat next to the girl.

"Hey man! Damn you know I was caught with a lil' coke! It wasn't even like I was selling, but what eva." he said throwing his arms up.

I look at him nodding. I rise and eyebrow and incline my head towards the girl. "Oh right. Marcos this is my girl Carla, she was in the car with me."

I turned toward the girl, giving an exnologing head bob. She replied with a wave.

"SO man, why are you here?" Jose asked.

"Weapons." I replied shrugging.

"Alright everyone, where about ready to leave. If everyone could go by his or her councilor, and we'll start to board." a fat man said.

"Augh, 3rd grade all over again." I hear Carla whisper as she starts to get up.

I stand and start to head toward the bus, climbing on. No one seems to notice so I sit down and pull out my phone. I look up to see people boarding one of them being Eric.

"You were suppose to meet by me before boarding." he said.

"Yeah well I'm 17, I don't give a fuck what I'm 'suppose to do' okay?" I replied.

"Give me what ever crap you want kid, but while we are at the hospital you better be a regular boy scout!" he demanded.

"Yes sir!" I said saluting him.