Status: Complete!

The Boy Named Fang

"I Wanna Go Home."

I entered school and every pair of eyes were on me.

"Uh, hi?" I greeted, feeling really awkward.

No one moved or turned away from me, so I just continued on my way to my locker trying to ignore the eyes trained on me.

I finally had enough when I got my books from my locker. I slammed it shut and looked at everyone.

"I don't know why you all are staring at me, but I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop!"

A lot of people rolled their eyes and moved on, but there were some who stared at me like I was retarded.

"People..." I mumbled, stomping to my homeroom.

Image


"I saw your boyfriend last night," a random girl at my lunch table told me.

"He's not my boyfriend. He never was," I growled, stabbing my pizza with my fork.

"Whatever, but that's why everyone is staring at you," she explained. "They're wondering mostly about if you knew. Some are wondering what it was like."

"What what was like?"

She widened her eyes a little and nodded her head while waving her hand to give me a hint about what she was talking about.

My face distorted in disgust, "Ew! No! Why would anyone think I'd do that?!"

"You were attached to him by the hip all the time."

"Yeah because we were like best friends since no one else liked us!"

A few kids at the table over from me stared at me.

"Quit looking at me. Yes I knew he could fly and no, I never did the deed with him," I told them, standing up. "I don't know how you even got that idea, but whatever. I'm not going to deal with this now."

I picked up my trash, threw it out and strut out of the cafeteria still seething about how gross high schoolers were.

"Why would they even think that?" I asked myself angrily, kicking the nearest locker. "That's just disgusting..."

I grabbed my books for my next class and stomped all the way there, glaring at everyone I happened to pass who gave me an odd look.

I was going to severely hurt whoever had that idea.

Image


"So not only are you dating the freak, but you're dating a celebrity freak."

I twisted my head quickly to face none other than Alicia. "I see you still haven't found anything better to do with your time other than be a witch."

The sun in the sky shimmered off her sequent purse making odd lights appear all over her skin almost making her look as if she was covered in warts.

"Ooh, that hurt so bad," she mocked.

I took a step toward her with my fist raised and she actually screamed and cowered.

"Grow up and find something better to do with your time. I'm sick of hearing your voice and calling him names. He did nothing to you and he's less of a freak than you are! He is actually nice and cares for people! He protects people he cares for and even strangers!" My voice lowered to a frightening level, but the emotion in my voice made it almost calm, "He saved who knows how many kids who were going to lose their lives because of a group of insane people. You have absolutely no right to call him a freak."

A few people who were watching actually clapped a little and cheered, but I hardly heard them. I was too busy burning holes through Alicia as she composed herself and scoffed at me.

"He's still just a freak," she replied, the 'k' in 'freak' holding more emphasis.

I growled and went at her again, but this time my fist made contact with her nose.

"I told you to never call him a freak again," I told her in my most menacing voice. "The next time you do, I will not hesitate to knock your face in again."

"You're insane!" she screamed, covering her nose and backing away from me.

"Do you want to see insane?! Call me something one more time!" I roared, hovering over her my fist in the air.

Someone grabbed my arm and pulled it down though I tried to fight them.

"Let me go. I'm sick and tired of-" I trailed off, staring at the person who held my arm.

He smirked, "As much as I'd love to see you punch her again, she's not worth the trouble you'll be in."

I stared open-mouthed at him, not entirely sure he was actually there, but when his smirk turned into a smile and he started to laugh at my facial expression, I knew I wasn't dreaming.

"Fang!" I exclaimed, immediately latching onto him.

In one fluid motion, my arms went around his neck, my body crashed into his, and my lips found their way to his. I felt like it was one of those moments in my some of my favorite anime where the background became all sparkley while I was in mid jump and Fang's eyes were widened in surprise. I could imagine, right?

Everyone watching gasped in shock and I immediately blushed, pulling myself away from Fang at lightning speed.

"Um, sorry..." I apologized. "I, um, I'm just happy to see you again..."

Fang stared at me, still taking in what just happened for a few seconds, before he started to laugh.

He pulled me back to him, holding my chin up so I had to meet his gaze and smirked. "It was bound to happen sooner or later," he teased.

"But... I... You... What?"

"Angel."

My mouth fell open despite him holding my chin and I blushed bright red. "That little devil," I replied.

"You don't mean that do you?" a familiar voice asked.

"Angel?" I managed to pull away from Fang to find Angel standing behind him and she wasn't alone. "Oh... um... hi?"

Fang ruffled my hair, "Meet the flock, Sora."

He introduced them to me and I apologized profusely for everything they saw. Max had given me a possessive look when I was introduced to her, but she seemed to warm up to me after I apologized.

"Hello! Someone with a bleeding nose over here!" Alicia exclaimed, standing up and holding her nose.

"Go to the nurse," I told her, glaring fiercely. "You can't be that stupid, can you? Oh wait..."

She called me a rude name and I immediately starting for her, but Fang wrapped his arms around my waist to keep me from reaching her.

"Let me go! I need to give her what's coming to her!"

"She's not worth it."

"I don't care! Let me at her!" I yelled, watching Alicia run inside the building screaming about how I was insane. "Why can't you just let me beat her to a pulp?"

"Because I want to go home," he told me with a warm smile.

I turned pink and turned my head to look at him, "You mean...?"

He nodded.

Though almost impossible, I turned and tackled Fang to the ground, hugging him and exclaiming how excited I was over and over again.

"Where will your family stay?" I suddenly asked, looking at the flock.

Nudge smiled, "We've got our own places to go. Don't worry about us. We're safe now."

"Yeah and besides, we're relieved we don't have to have a moping Fang around anymore," Gazzy teased.

I looked at Fan surprised, "You were sad?"

He chuckled, sitting up and ruffled my hair again, "Are you that naive?"

"Here we go," Iggy mumbled. "Let's go before we puke."

"Agreed," Gazzy said.

They all said bye and jumped into the air, aside from Max who stared at us a few moments longer.

"Take care of him, Sora," she said before also taking flight.

We watched them go and then looked around at the people still watching us.

"Um... there's nothing to see here!" I called out, standing up with Fang.

Some students actually walked away, but there were still a few that didn't move.

"Do they really have nothing better to do?" I groaned. "Really, there's nothing to see!"

Fang grabbed my chin again, "I disagree."

My cheeks turned red and my eyes widened slightly, "Ah, uh, oh... Oh dear!"

"Cute," he replied before finally kissing me.

Someone called out PDA while some girls giggled, but most onlookers were silent.

"Excuse me! That is not aloud here!"

Fang pulled away from me looking irritated at the teacher who was stomping his way over.

"We do not accept this kind of behavior! And you Miss Thompson are going to receive punishment for beating up a student."

I looked at the teacher straight in the eyes, "Feel free to give me whatever punishment you want, but I will not apologize to her for the things she said."

The teacher opened his mouth to retaliate, but he didn't exactly know how.

"I'm going home now," I announced. "Tomorrow I'll immediately go to the office to receive my punishment. Until then, goodbye."

I turned away from him and began walking away from the school, but when I noticed Fang wasn't following me, I looked back at him.

"How am I supposed to get home if you're gawking at me like that, Fang? I don't want my mom to worry anymore than she's going to later," I said.

Fang smirked and quickly came to my side, "Gawking? I'm sure there are better words like, checking out or-"

"Let's just go home?"

He nodded before taking me up in his arms and shooting into the sky. He looked down at me, his large wings keeping him suspended in the air and I looked up at him smiling.

"I missed you," I finally said, burying my face into his chest.

I felt his chest vibrate with his chuckle and when he replied.

"I missed you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't wait. Technically it is tomorrow so I'm not lying. :)
Okay, so Fang was a lot out of character, but at this point, that's okay. He sorta gets that way with Max by the end of the last book anyway so I don't think it's too OOC. :) Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the story and I can't wait to read your comments! Thank you a thousand times for reading!