Status: Complete!

The Boy Named Fang

"Welcome to High School."

Since our encounter with the dog-man whom Fang informed me was called an Eraser, Fang became extremely cautious and paranoid when we left the house which wasn't often. I had to admit though, I was a little worried about coming across another one, but Fang said it would be a while before anymore showed up since he threw the body out to sea before anyone saw the body.

Aside from the worry that followed us around constantly, our friendship changed a lot. I was really embarrassed about hugging Fang after he fought the Eraser, but later when we were walking into my house, Fang gave me a short and awkward hugging while saying sorry for getting me involved by staying.

He actually was going to leave, but I somehow managed to get him to stay. I didn't know what came over me when I begged him to stay, but I couldn't imagine my life without him in it anymore. It was so much more exciting and I learned so much from him mostly about the flock.

The day after the Eraser attacked us, there was this different aura that surround Fang and I. We didn't act much different, but there was a deeper affection for each other than just acquaintances. I would never tell Fang, but I was really hoping that the affection would be even deeper that friendship even though I knew it was a long shot.

Eventually a couple months passed and it was time for the school year to start. The great thing about it was that Fang agreed to enroll in my high school and come with me. He had told me he was ready for a normal life... well, as normal as he could get.

My parents were very welcoming of him too when he asked if he could stay a bit longer. Of course my parents said he could stay as long as he wanted and the look my mom gave me when I grinned caused me to blush brightly.

I wasn't sure how long Fang was going to stay since he really seemed to miss the flock, but I was happy enough to have more time with him even if it was just as friends.

When the first day of the new school year began, both Fang and I woke up to the smell of a wonderful breakfast my mom made for us before we left. It was so good that we ate every ounce of food she made, Fang eating most of course.

"You both have fun at school and be careful," my mom told us as we started to leave the table.

"Don't worry, Mom," I smiled. "We'll be safe."

Fang walked passed me, kindly putting his hand on the top of my head for a split second to silently tell me that he would protect me if anything happened.

My mom saw that and she raised her eyebrow at me with a smirk on her face. I blushed and quickly followed behind Fang who was holding out my backpack for me.

"Have a nice day!" my mom sang to tease me as we walked out the front door.

I mumbled incoherent words under my breath that made Fang look at me curiously, but he didn't ask what was wrong.

We walked a little down the street before Fang quickly picked me up and shot up into the air.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to this," I stated, gripping his shoulder with my arms.

Fang chuckled and tightened his grip on me before heading in the direction I told him school was a few days ago. A few minutes later, Fang landed behind the school, letting me down, and then following behind me as I stumbled a little walking to the school entrance. I heard Fang snicker behind me and I glared at him. It didn't affect him though.

"Welcome to high school," I said to Fang as we entered the building to flocks of students chatting, making out, and hugging. "What you see here is what you get until you graduate."

"Charming," Fang replied, looking at the couple who were eating each other's faces.

"Come on," I said, grabbing Fang's hand and leading him through the crowded halls to our lockers.

A lot of the students stared at us as we passed. The girls stared all googly-eyed at Fang and I accidentally let out a low growl. Yes, I was jealous and extremely territorial. I just hope Fang didn't notice my growl.

We finally got to our lockers and put our things away and then we both walked together to our homeroom which we thankfully had together. We didn't have any morning classes together except homeroom, but we did share the same lunch and our last three classes were the same.

When homeroom finished with some recap on the rules most of us already knew, the bell rang and Fang and I had to split until lunch.

"Wait by our lockers for lunch okay?" I asked.

"Yeah."

I smiled at him, "I'll see you then. Have fun."

Fang surprisingly smiled back at me and let his hand rest atop my head like earlier.

"Be safe," he said softly.

"I will."

His hand left my head and he walked away, leaving me staring at his back almost sad that he was leaving me alone.

Image


I was so thankful when lunch came around. I literally ran out of my class and to my locker where I found Fang leaning against the lockers cooly. His arms were crossed, his eyes closed, and one leg was bent with the flat of his foot against the lockers. I noticed I wasn't the only one oogling him, so I casually walked up to him and tapped his shoulder.

His eyes opened quickly and when he noticed it was me, his face softened and he stood up straight, turning toward me.

"You were making the girls get nosebleeds when you were standing there all cool," I snickered, inwardly growling in anger.

He shrugged and watched as a couple of girls walked passed us and wave at him. He of course didn't react, but it really ticked me off.

"Ready for lunch?" I smiled.

"Definitely," he replied, this time only half smiling.

Image


The rest of the school day passed with the rules of the school ringing in everyone's ears, but once that final bell rang, it was like the whole school sighed in relief.

"I am so over the rules," I complained, holding my forehead. "I'm starting to get a headache."

Fang watched me massage my temples as we walked, but when I almost ran into an open locker, he quickly pulled out of the way.

I crashed into him, but he didn't even budge with the collision. I looked up at him and he smirked at me.

"Watch where you're going or you're gonna get hurt," he teased.

I blushed, "Sorry. It's been a long day."

"Then let's go home."

"That's the best thing I've heard all day."

We walked to our lockers and got our things, but a couple of my friends grabbed my attention, so I just told Fang to meet me outside. He nodded and left me with my friends who stared at him as we passed and then me with explosive giggles.

"So is he you're boyfriend?" my friend Brianna asked.

"Oh no. He's just a friend actually. He showed up at my house looking for his parents, but they obviously don't live there anymore, so he's been here since."

"He's so cute!" my other friend Rae exclaimed.

I smiled, but didn't reply which made my friends giggle even more.

"You so like him!" Brianna teased.

"So does every girl in this school, though," Rae pointed out.

"Oh crap," I frowned. "I guess I shouldn't leave him alone too long then."

"No you shouldn't. Now go find your boy and save him from the demons called girls."

"Thanks for calling us demons," Brianna said to Rae.

I laughed and told them goodbye before I made my way out of the school. It didn't take long for me to find Fang because a bunch of girls were surrounding him asking him for his phone number and if he'd take them on a date.

"Fang!" I called out to him, causing all the girls to look in my direction.

Fang looked at me in relief and forced his way through the mob of girls to me.

"Sorry about that," I apologized, feeling really awkward about all the girls glaring at me.

"How does a guy like him go for a girl like you?" a snotty voice asked.

Fang turned, staying in front of me, and I glared at the girl who spoke.

"Alicia..." I spat as she fluffed up her dark hair. "What do you want?"

"I want to know why someone as hot as him would like someone as disgusting as you," she sneered.

I saw Fang's fist clench, but I knew he would never hit her.

"Leave me alone, Alicia. He wouldn't date you either, just FYI," I growled.

A crowd formed around us and I rolled my eyes knowing what they were hoping for.

Alicia glared and called me a foul name that made me angry. It seemed to bother Fang too by the way he stepped closer to me.

"Grow up, Alicia," I said before grabbing Fang's arm. "Let's just go, Fang."

Fang nodded, but didn't stop glaring at Alicia even after we started walking away.

"Look at the little freak fun. The new kid must be a freak too if he hangs with likes of her."

Both of us turned around, but I walked out from behind Fang, not letting him stop me as I stood nose to nose with the bully.

"You. Don't. Call. Him. That," I snarled.

Alicia smirked, "Freak."

In seconds, I pulled my arm back and shoved my fist in her face. She screamed and grabbed her nose, tears spilling over and down her cheeks. She called me another foul name, but at that point I was yelling over her.

"You will never call him that. Call me whatever you want, but don't you ever call him anything demeaning," I threatened.

"Teacher!" a random kid yelled, causing everyone to scatter.

I just stood there, but before anyone reached us, Fang grabbed my hand and started running from the school. When we were far enough away, we stopped and he let me catch my breath.

"Ow..." I groaned, shaking my fist. "I didn't think that would hurt so bad."

Fang looked at me and then started to laugh. It wasn't just a chuckle, but a laugh.

I stared at him dumbfounded, but with a blush from the wonderful sound of his laugh.

"What?" I asked.

His laughed died down to a chuckle and he smiled at me. "That was the best part of my day." He chuckled a little more, but when he saw my face he stared at me a little worried.

I looked down at the ground silently.

"Are you okay?" Fang asked.

"She called you a freak, Fang," I answered, clearly upset. "I can't let someone do that to any of my friends."

Fang laid his hand on my head and made me look up at him, "Don't worry about me. I can handle some name calling. If it helps, that punch was pretty good."

I tried not to smile, but it didn't work and I started to laugh.

Finally after I quit laughing, Fang held out his hand and I took it so we could go home. He picked me up in his arms and flew into the sky so we could finally end the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't resist writing another chapter. I'm trying to get it out before my interests change and keep me from finishing it. I am like SUPER into this story though. It's ten times better than the original. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and I hope you comment!